Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I raised this in the youth/u21 thread.
It really does seem to be a waste of a CL berth to take 3 keepers (all non HG)
We definitely need to name 3 keepers in case of absolute disaster, but not all non HG, surely?
Unless of course all our youth keepers are utter turd.
I accept it’s a risk to throw a young English keeper in at the deep end, but it’s a calculated risk and frees up a space elsewhere, in a position where it is likely to be more beneficial.
So we add Whiteman as 3rd keeper for CL, tell GKN to fuck off... That makes room for Lamela and Moura right? If we sell Toby and don't replace with another CB, CCV counts as U21 leaving us an additional spot for a foreign player at any position... Or did I miss something?

How do you know either of these things?

I guess I just refuse to believe that levy would sabotage/disrail our upward trajectory by haggling over 5 or 10 mill for a signing and I believe that Poch would be more likely to go if he doesn't feel his ambitions and the club's ambitions are being met...

I guess I just refuse to believe that levy would sabotage/disrail our upward trajectory by haggling over 5 or 10 mill for a signing and I believe that Poch would be more likely to go if he doesn't feel his ambitions and the club's ambitions are being met...

Disrail!!!!??? Surely I meant derail!

Fair enough, but I think Poch leaving before the season starts is a bit alarmist.

Poch doesn't negotiate the deals, he scouts the players. You're the Ty of Tottenham fans, bit ironic. I don't quite understand you, you lambast people for worrying about the direction of the club and these people do so because they care. They're not real fans in your opinion, but evidently you don't really follow the club. You don't know anything about the transfer targets, don't know anything about the current injury situation, don't know anything about the academy and honestly a bit clueless to the team in general. Then you say that foreign fans can never be real fans because we don't attend regularly, but then say that you yourself haven't attended in almost 20 years. You're a weird one, Sammy

Don’t you feel a tad arrogant to think that because you are plastic and fairweather and a shit fan, that means that every other foreign fan must be?

I said your support is shit. The Danish guy next to you may be a real fan though.
Nothing to do with nationality....there are plenty of English fans on here too that are plastic as fuck.

Who will you support next week?
Spurs or your agendas?

What will be worse for you?
Signing no one and we do shit up til January, thus proving you right?

Or we sign no one, sit top at Christmas and every day for the next 5 months put up with me rubbing our squad and success in your faces?

You will say you want Spurs to win regardless of no transfers......but when each of you step away from the keyboard, where the likes and funnies don’t matter, you all know that deep down, a little part of you would want us to do shit.

You don’t want Sissoko to come good, or Lamela to score 22 goals.

You want Ndombele and Zaha.

Proof or it didn't happen!
You asked for it.
3bar2zg2t1w33ninq3xrtm3bk363950128.2.jpg

Art Vandelay Art Vandelay

When you’re watching the game next week with the same team that finished last season, and Newcastle get that last minute winner......a little glow will start in your belly won’t it. All the way out there in Willabong Springs, at 3 am on your porch, string vest and warm beer.

Rage will give way to self righteousness wont it.....

“At least I can show Sammy we needed signings ” after all. Every cloud plastic, every cloud.

Art Vandelay Art Vandelay

When you’re watching the game next week with the same team that finished last season, and Newcastle get that last minute winner......a little glow will start in your belly won’t it. All the way out there in Willabong Springs, at 3 am on your porch, string vest and warm beer.

Rage will give way to self righteousness wont it.....

“At least I can show Sammy we needed signings ” after all. Every cloud plastic, every cloud.
Look at the state of you. Melting over a disagree.
You’ve learnt nothing whilst in the bin, come back as much a twat as before.

Why are you so averse to signing someone. It makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom