Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazza is nowhere near the requisite quality to be our future number 1. Wouldn't mind bringing in an understudy for Hugo.

Heard Pau Lopez is available.
Agreed - you cant learn to sweep and he was so static, think he could do a job somewhere but not with our high line.

Pau Lopez reported that he was joining Betis in March and then its gone quiet, I was convinced that we have him on a Levy special - Loan him with an option to buy, seriously undercut the option, let him see out his contract with a promise we will bring him in on a higher wage for free.

Seeing a lot of noise about de Ligt, got to say I’m not convinced. Would of course love to have him in the squad but at 18 a CB is pretty much useless. If we’re selling Toby we need an immediate plug not a prospect for 3-5 years time. Sanchez is a physical phenom and he’s what 3 years ahead of de Ligt?

Rio (after a quick google) was 22 when he turned out for Leeds and 24 for United. De Ligt is not a replacement for Toby, he’d be one for the (quite distant) future.

Seeing a lot of noise about de Ligt, got to say I’m not convinced. Would of course love to have him in the squad but at 18 a CB is pretty much useless. If we’re selling Toby we need an immediate plug not a prospect for 3-5 years time. Sanchez is a physical phenom and he’s what 3 years ahead of de Ligt?

Rio (after a quick google) was 22 when he turned out for Leeds and 24 for United. De Ligt is not a replacement for Toby, he’d be one for the (quite distant) future.
99.99999999% of Ajax fans seem to think he can be a starter in near enough any team in world football and is already better than Sanchez. Haven't seen him enough to comment but he sounds absolutely incredible.

I really like Kevin Volland.

20 goals in 51 appearances for Leverkusen, still only 26. We have not been linked at all, but a player that would fit what we need.

Although Pochettino has now calmed the majority of our frayed nerves, I think what we also need before the World Cup kicks off, a renewal of a contracts for a couple of key players.

And a signing with clear and unequivocal ambition behind it

Seriously what? He is a regular for Ajax at 18 and made his debut at 16 and is already a Dutch international. He is arguably the best young defender in world football and is already a better player than Sanchez. He is good enough to play for us now - and if we sign him he almost certainly will be starting.

Win win situation regarding Toby for me.

We either sell him for a high fee to United and get Martial in return. Or we sell him abroad.

De Light is obviously a talent. But expecting a 18 year old to just walk into possibly the most physical top league in the world and expect him to boss in central defense is a tall order.

De Light is obviously a talent. But expecting a 18 year old to just walk into possibly the most physical top league in the world and expect him to boss in central defense is a tall order.
Dele was 19 and did just that.

It's so hard to determine how he will take to a new team, new league etc. But I've watched him a lot and all I can say is he is better than Sanchez, better than both Jan and Toby at the same age. He is an incredible talent.

Back
Top Bottom