Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Likely his refusal to be on standby to sit on Frances bench. Far too many people seem to think he should be willing to be a back up for a back up.
Some players eh?
:pocheyes:
I think he’s well within his rights to think “fuck it, I’ll make holiday plans with my family instead of waiting around for a call that may never come”

Too much emphasis on the international scene & the “honour” of playing for your country. This is a good example of when a player can & should tell the international manager to go fuck himself

Don't get me wrong...i would like us to go for Butland now stoke are down but to say we have to get rid of Vorm is utter bullshit. Solid goalkeeper who would be starting at a lot of clubs.

Rabiot turning down the chance to be a backup and saying he doesn’t want to be considered for France doesn’t suggest he’s got that winning mentality we are all screaming for.
Wouldn’t he train twice as hard, knowing someone is likely to get a knock before the finals?

I'd actually like to see Vorm get a shot at being #1 somewhere, so I wouldn't mind seeing him leave, just not for the reasons given in the 'article' (i.e. that his presences as #2 is stifling Gazzaniga's development).
Wasn't vorm the original premier leagues sweeper keeper

Always wondered why pep didn't save a huge chunk of wasted millions on bravo and scout vorm

Rabiot turning down the chance to be a backup and saying he doesn’t want to be considered for France doesn’t suggest he’s got that winning mentality we are all screaming for.
Wouldn’t he train twice as hard, knowing someone is likely to get a knock before the finals?

Why would he? He would literally need 3-5 central midfielders to pick up on a knock before he was in contention to play any matches in Russia, or he could say "I've had a good season, I'm going to enjoy a holiday with my family and recover so I'm ready to have a great season after the summer"

I don’t think it has anything to do with mentality. The guy is a top drawer talent, & winner who didn’t get into a fantastic national squad. That’s life. He wouldn’t be the only person who thought he’d rather spend time with his family than be on a reserve list at the beck and call of someone who didn’t think he was worth a squad place.

I don’t think it has anything to do with mentality. The guy is a top drawer talent, & winner who didn’t get into a fantastic national squad. That’s life. He wouldn’t be the only person who thought he’d rather spend time with his family than be on a reserve list at the beck and call of someone who didn’t think he was worth a squad place.
I'm not saying he is a bad egg. But his attitude has been questioned in the media a bit this season, particularly in the CL and especially after the exit to Real. Pundits and experts claimed he didn't take it seriously since his reaction to going out of the competition was a shrug of the shoulders and saying something akin to "eh, we did well but that's football".

Granted stuff like that could be attributed to the league he is in and the dominance of his current team. He isn't exactly starved for success on a club level so maybe he has yet to run into that moment where you need to show some hunger

I would bloody hope he is better than Pogba
In my opinion, in perspective it will become a champion. He is a "dominant" player in the middle of the field. Even Pogba is a great player but he has the wrong prosecutor (Raiola) and especially the wrong coach (Mourinho). With Allegri I play very well. With Pochettino also.

Back
Top Bottom