Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.webp

Except you know, there probably being an agreement between the current and old Villa owners that no assets be sold during the negotioations of the takeover

he's got a big head as well the honey monster looking twat
I can't see him lasting long there in all honesty. I don't think the new owners will stomach him when they can throw their cash at a better quality of manager long term. He's on borrowed time but regardless, I really don't like how he's still banging on about it. I think it's disrespectful to Tottenham that he's talking about our transfer dealings after a deal never went through. He wouldn't like it if a club or other manager said he'd fucked up with a negotiation so I don't see why he has the right to flap it around a bit when the boots on the other foot

Last edited:
Very true. To be honest, I'm more annoyed that the media is currently using so many sticks to beat us with.

A simple 8-0 win over Fulham tomorrow would shut the cunts up.
:pochohshit:

Sadly that's the medias job these days. Steve Bruce should know this after a lifetime of working in England & with the English press yet he still gives them fuel to reignite an iffy story. We still don't know what the asking price was & we still don't know if he was our first choice target. Instead of the media asking these questions they just stick an idiot in front of a microphone and let him give them easy to sell gold.

Shame really, but Bruce is digging his own grave with his constant blabbering to the press. He really should just focus on his own job

Last edited:
Must be a reason why he isn't playing CM though when chosen? Yet Winks has been given minutes there?

Even at Villa, he was played in a variety of positions.
IMO its the same reason he hasnt played there for Villa.

Bruce, prefers two big players in midfield and protect the back 4 and onomah is viewed as little weak. When Bruce didnt go for 2 big DM's he went with onomah rather than Lansbury who was a top CM for Nottingham forest

The same goes for Poch, he likes big strong physical players in the 2 CM positions. Onomah on the other hand had a growth spurt during his youth career, all of a sudden he became this tall CM who looked like a skinny winger, he hadn't filled out and at times he looks physically weak.

Winks whilst not a physical beast, isn't the smallest CM at 5ft 9in and he is a strong little fucker, with a good low centre of gravity.

Meanwhile Onomah can at times look like bambi but imo thats because he is being utilised wrong, when in CM, he doesnt hold on to the ball too long and runs to space finding passes

Very disingenuous.
So the deal was mostly agreed. Grealish was told by Villa he could go. But in the middle of a takeover there is no one to conclude the deal with, also the apatite to conclude any deals is also almost impossible because for a period the incumbent isn't motivated to get the deal done and the purchaser doesn't have the capacity/authority to do so. New ownership then shifted goal posts from the old regime.

And then that leaves Bruce who now needs to shift the blame. And lets be clear the blame is with Villa because the deal originally was with them and agreed in principle.

Marchisio has presumably had an offer from a prem club? He’s terminated his contract the window is open everywhere else.

West Ham?

Sadly that's the medias job these days. Steve Bruce should know this after a lifetime of working in England & with the English press yet he still gives them fuel to reignite an iffy story. We still don't know what the asking price was & we still don't know if he was our first choice target. Instead of the media asking these questions they just stick an idiot in front of a microphone and let him give them easy to sell gold.

Shame really, but Bruce is digging his own grave with his constant blabbering to the press. He really should just focus on his own job
I think he is focusing on his job - his next one. Probably sure that he's on borrowed time now that AV have a bit of cash. Tired of managing shit clubs. Fully aware he'll never land anything high-profile. Eyeing up those juicy media jobs where you just sit on your arse and spew shite a couple days a week.

Back
Top Bottom