Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pissed off right now so I'm going to make this very simple.
We need:
A RB - Aurier is worth taking a risk on based off of Trippiers performance today. Fucking woeful.
Possibly a LB - if Rose goes or even if his injuries make us doubt his presence this season then Davies is NOT good enough for a title chasing side.
Some form of attacking player with creativity and pace (pace is less essential really but brings another element) - our front 3/4 is fairly fluid so it doesn't really matter what position he plays but we saw today the consequences of not having competition for places in attacking positions.
But that's ok because we've signed a third choice goalkeeper, a reserve centre back and Sanchez ( who should be good so not actually unhappy with that).

I'm pissed off right now so I'm going to make this very simple.
We need:
A RB - Aurier is worth taking a risk on based off of Trippiers performance today. Fucking woeful.
Possibly a LB - if Rose goes or even if his injuries make us doubt his presence this season then Davies is NOT good enough for a title chasing side.
Some form of attacking player with creativity and pace (pace is less essential really but brings another element) - our front 3/4 is fairly fluid so it doesn't really matter what position he plays but we saw today the consequences of not having competition for places in attacking positions.
But that's ok because we've signed a third choice goalkeeper, a reserve centre back and Sanchez ( who should be good so not actually unhappy with that).

Aurier for Trippier
Rose for Davies
Barkley in for Wanyama or Dier and drop Dembele back into the holding role purely as he shepherd far better than the others and is on his toes, something I noticed we lacked in Dier today.
Someone like Mane to really put the pressure on Dele and Eriksen as then they don't turn up we really struggle to support Kane
A promising nimble young striker to learn off of Kane and give us genuine options of going two up front when we need it. No Janssen when chasing a game at the end. Should tell you all you need to know about how much he can offer realistically even though I love his attitude and think he's a good guy.

I'm sure Poch knows what we need though. I'm sure we will see a drastic improvement soon

You're absolutely insane. If you watched the game you'd know Chelsea's pace didn't cost us, they got a goal from a world class free-kick and mistakes by Wanyama and Lloris. Don't act like you're some sort of messiah when everybody on this forum have been screaming for a fast attacker in the last two years. Remember not long ago you suggested this line-up

Gibbs you've only just changed your tune, before you wanted a "team of beasts" wouldn't be surprised to see you play Wanyama behind Kane. Clueless tosser

Time to mash the ban button (after I react to a post talking shit about me). Mash it like you always do when my warnings come to pass. Remember the Dembele is poison ban? That lasted months.

I've only just changed my tune? Team of beasts was 8 years ago. Before this place existed. Speed was 2 years ago.

It's funny that you call me a tosser, but I know all I have to do is spell out what is going on...and the realization makes you FURIOUS when it...very...VERY (too) slowly starts to seep into your mind that I'm correct.

I'm not even calling you a name. I don't have to. You laugh at my warnings about pace/Poch's tactics/Wembley. Months later my warnings come true and you are left frustrated. Angrier than if I called you a name. Clinging to the rest of the mud slingers and upping the abuse.

Re Chelsea. You missed us playing quick from the back. (TACTICS FROM POCH) You've missed our habit of falling asleep/patting ourselves on the back/conceding directly after scoring (LACK OF WARNING/TACTICS FROM POCH). You've missed Wanyama being rusty/back from injury (LACK OF TACTICS FROM POCH). You've missed Alli giving away a few kick they score from due to his lack of pace (POCH CROWDING SLOW ALLI/ERIKSEN/KANE/DEMBELE/DAVIES).

In other words, you have no clue why we lost to Chelsea. Tactics. Not individual errors. Just like today was another MOLLASES midfield. It's physics.

So many lolcats mocking my pace warnings. It's a coincidence right?

Last season we are unbeaten at WHL with a tiny pitch. 2nd in the league. But Gibbsy is melting preseason, just to troll right? It's not like I made a good point regarding the lack of pace in the team is it? That is gold standard trolling right?

I'm just a sad cunt making things up apparently. I'm what? Pretending that our key midfielders/attacker have one issue? They are collectively slow and it gives op managers an in? Wow. What a troll eh?

Warst troll eva.
#paceisameme

When does the troll angle start to get old? Laughing at my tweets about pace? Is that what trolls do to get under your skin? Is this some advanced type of guerrilla trolling that offends people...without offending?

Keita Balde has never really tickled my fancy... bad attitude and fairly typical YouTube winger

If we can get Aurier, Barkley, Foyth, Seri and a young gun striker hungry for the Kane challenge I think we'd be in the best shape I've ever seen a Spurs team.

That's my wishlist. Make it happen Poch!! It's what our squad needs as they looked flat today bless them.

We need a variety of options and Poch needs to demonstrate he is able to utilise them. See how the opposition are lining up and check mate them with mixing it up. It's good for our football, our chances and our team

If we can get Aurier, Barkley, Foyth, Seri and a young gun striker hungry for the Kane challenge I think we'd be in the best shape I've ever seen a Spurs team.

That's my wishlist. Make it happen Poch!! It's what our squad needs as they looked flat today bless them

It's not Poch's job to make it happen.

:levywtf:

That's my wishlist. Make it happen Poch!! It's what our squad needs as they looked flat today bless them
That's 5 players. Admittedly 1-2 of them appear to be close to completed but why on earth do we always wait until so late. Aurier I can understand given the legal delays but matchday 3 has just gone and all we have (that will actually play for us) is Sanchez. It's a bit of a joke tbh. Stiffest defence last term and he's focused on defensive players for the most part. Surely they see we need additional CM/AM/ST depth more?

Salah is scoring goals, Morata is scoring goals, lukaku is scoring goals. Every other top club gets business done earlier and get a jump as we start slowly.

Seen a few players say Davies isn't good enough - while I agree there are definitely better full back options out there (Danny Rose), he's improved a lot since coming into the side last season and he's been one of our better players in our first 3 games.

Seen a few players say Davies isn't good enough - while I agree there are definitely better full back options out there (Danny Rose), he's improved a lot since coming into the side last season and he's been one of our better players in our first 3 games.
Agreed. It's also telling that Burnley weren't targeting him today (he was defending solidly enough and getting back when necessary) but rather going for Trippier instead.

That's 5 players. Admittedly 1-2 of them appear to be close to completed but why on earth do we always wait until so late. Aurier I can understand given the legal delays but matchday 3 has just gone and all we have (that will actually play for us) is Sanchez. It's a bit of a joke tbh. Stiffest defence last term and he's focused on defensive players for the most part. Surely they see we need additional CM/AM/ST depth more?

Salah is scoring goals, Morata is scoring goals, lukaku is scoring goals. Every other top club gets business done earlier and get a jump as we start slowly.

We operate with limited funds infact net zero or lower than net zero spending, therefore to get the players we want we have to haggle and looks fo deals and last minute buys.

No question it costs us points and has done for a decade or so and probably this season as well. Big defender of Trippier but he was awful and cost us today. To start the season with holes and then buy players who obviously won't be ready for a month or two is a gamble and one we take each season.

The only way round this is to buy maybe 6-8 players now for this season that gives us total depth so that the following season we have no need of transfers as our squad is compete and ready for the season.

I would say get

Sanchez
Sancho
Foyth
Sessegnon
Aurier
Barkley
Keita Blade (or another explosive attacker)

This would mean next season we wouldn't have to buy hardly at all as our squad would be big enough and so we wouldn't have this unprepared team situation that we always get.

Busy week ahead of us...

1utk1d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom