Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel we need to pull something really out the left field here.

A surprise signing. A game changer.

That's been said for a while, but it's easy to say but hard to resolve. Chavs have Hazard and Liverpool have Mane with their pace, dribbling and control, getting a player like that who can turn a game and makes opposition defenses fall back 5-10 yards isn't easy.

That's been said for a while, but it's easy to say but hard to resolve. Chavs have Hazard and Liverpool have Mane with their pace, dribbling and control, getting a player like that who can turn a game and makes opposition defenses fall back 5-10 yards isn't easy.

You're not wrong.

I think there are plenty of players out there who can provide us with something similar - but Poch does seem a bit stubborn in getting "the right person in" which does hinder us a bit too.

And to think Poch wanted Mane....we thought 35m was too much....we wait last minute and pay 30m for Sissoko.

United bring in 3 first team signings relatively early. Liverpool bring Salah in early. Chelski bring in signings early. City bring in signings early.

We can sell early..thats no issue for Levy selling out first choice right back to a diret rival early but nooooooooo forget bringing players early (not even the replacement for the rb). Lets wait last minute..risk losing valuable league points and save a few million in the process. Yes lets do that.

Last edited:
I think we cared very much about the transfer fee to be honest.

Considering we spent £30,000,000 on Sissoko, I honestly doubt we gave a shit.

It's the astronomical wages Mane was asking for, which he went and got at Liverpool that was the main stumbling block. If Pochettino wants someone, Levy would go and get them.

Considering we spent £30,000,000 on Sissoko, I honestly doubt we gave a shit.

It's the astronomical wages Mane was asking for, which he went and got at Liverpool that was the main stumbling block. If Pochettino wants someone, Levy would go and get them.
I call bullshit on that.

The player that Poch has come out publicallly stating we have an interest in Umtiti, Batshuyai, Mane (i think those are the only ones he made public)...which one of them are now Tottenham players?

Oh and we spent 30m on Sissoko last minute because it was a clear panic buy.

I call bullshit on that.

The player that Poch has come out publicallly stating we have an interest in Umtiti, Batshuyai, Mane (i think those are the only ones he made public)...which one of them are now Tottenham players?

Oh and we spent 30m on Sissoko last minute because it was a clear panic buy.

Umtiti went on to Barcelona, no brainer.
Batshauyi went to Chelsea, mostly because he probably got paid a shit load more money.
Mane, as I've just said, is getting MORE MONEY.

All three of them players are earning more money then every single player on our team.

Umtiti went on to Barcelona, no brainer.
Batshauyi went to Chelsea, mostly because he probably got paid a shit load more money.
Mane, as I've just said, is getting MORE MONEY.

All three of them players are earning more money then every single player on our team.
Ok so the excuse is and will always be "more money"...thats fine but please don't say (as you have said) that Levy will get the players Poch asks for when evidence suggests otherwise.

Ok so the excuse is and will always be "more money"...thats fine but please don't say (as you have said) that Levy will get the players Poch asks for when evidence suggests otherwise.

When it comes to the transfer fee anyway - if Batshauyi was to cost us £40,000,000 and Poch wanted him, Levy would have paId it - when it comes to wages and competing with Chelsea in that aspect, it was never going to happen regardless.

A shame really, we'll get there eventually.

Aurier, Foyth and Barkley - I imagine are the ones Poch is confident on.

Also depends on what he counts on signings , if we get Sancho and Sessegnon who have been rumoured to be coming as well are they separate because they are youth players?

I assume your list and the extra one would be a fast attacker based on what we are missing would be the 3-4 he is referring to.

There's 11 players on the pitch
That doesn't really address my argument that we haven't yet replaced Walker - both in terms of depth at RB (as KWP isn't quite ready to be a proper rotation option) and the qualities Walker brought to the position (i.e. speed and physicality).

We could have no right backs in the team but still play Eric Dier there and make up the numbers. Wouldn't be a good situation to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom