Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to the transfer fee anyway - if Batshauyi was to cost us £40,000,000 and Poch wanted him, Levy would have paId it - when it comes to wages and competing with Chelsea in that aspect, it was never going to happen regardless.
This is exactly why I doubt Poch is 'confident' of landing Barkley. Of course, reports of Chelsea's interest might be bollocks but, if there's any truth to them, it might be a difficult deal for us to pull off.

No having better wingbacks.
Selling Walker has cost us points .

Thats some jump....lets see what cost us points:

Against Chelsea:
Laboured attacks
No creativity from the AMs
Not taking our chances
Wanyama not being fit and losing possesion
Lloris errors

Burnley:
Kane missing 5 good chances
Eriksen missing two good chances
Laboured attacks
Poch setting up a highline with minutes left
Crap defending

Yeah, having Walker would have seen us win both games 5-0 I suppose

Barclay is not the messiah. Hes a mediocre midfielder at best.
Or just fucking gash!!

I'm sure he'll solve all the perceived problems though including pace!!
:dembelelol:

As if pace would have any impact on teams parking the bus!! :)

Barclay is not the messiah. Hes a mediocre midfielder at best.
Or just fucking gash!!

I'm sure he'll solve all the perceived problems though including pace!!
:dembelelol:

As if pace would have any impact on teams parking the bus!! :)

12 goals and 11 assists in the 2015-16 isn't "mediocre". He's been under utilized by a manager who doesn't like him and constantly slags him off in the media.

Poch has turned shit into gold. Turning a good midfielder, in Barkley, into a great one may not be impossible.

Besides, I think Barkley is being brought in as a CM who can play AM, rather than a straight up AM. I wouldn't expect Dembele or Wanyama to get many goals from CM. I'd expect Barkley to chip in with a few though.

12 goals and 11 assists in the 2015-16 isn't "mediocre". He's been under utilized by a manager who doesn't like him and constantly slags him off in the media.

Poch has turned shit into gold. Turning a good midfielder, in Barkley, into a great one may not be impossible.

Besides, I think Barkley is being brought in as a CM who can play AM, rather than a straight up AM. I wouldn't expect Dembele or Wanyama to get many goals from CM. I'd expect Barkley to chip in with a few though.

I dont doubt Poch could make him better but then hed just be slightly above average.
Don't think hell be signing for us anyway never mind this window.

Be fun watching the shitstorm tho :)

Yes. But clearly one of them is nowhere near as good as the the one we sold in his position. It's scandalous and is arguably costing us points

Wanyama cost us points in the game before, but we're not replacing him.

Some people on here are just champing at the bit, waiting for a player to have one bad game, just so they can blame everything on them.

Guess what? Walker had bad games too.

Stop fucking blaming the club for everything

That's been said for a while, but it's easy to say but hard to resolve. Chavs have Hazard and Liverpool have Mane with their pace, dribbling and control, getting a player like that who can turn a game and makes opposition defenses fall back 5-10 yards isn't easy.

And to think Poch wanted Mane....we thought 35m was too much....we wait last minute and pay 30m for Sissoko.

That ball control, dribbling game changer was needed long before Sissoko arrived. When Bale left a player with the traits above should have been bought in to replace him. Instead, we spent £47m on Lamela and Paulinho neither of whom fit the criteria. Four years down the line were still talking about the player we need but haven't got.

I dont doubt Poch could make him better but then hed just be slightly above average.
Don't think hell be signing for us anyway never mind this window.

Be fun watching the shitstorm tho :)

Not sure, Rose was terrible before Poch ever remember AVB Rose, Dembele was Mr frustrating pre-Poch.

Barkley is already more productive than they where pre-Poch and he hasn't had Poch working with him yet.

That ball control, dribbling game changer was needed long before Sissoko arrived. When Bale left a player with the traits above should have been bought in to replace him. Instead, we spent £47m on Lamela and Paulinho neither of whom fit the criteria. Four years down the line were still talking about the player we need but haven't got.

Well where were apparently in for Hazard but when Chelsea won the CL and in turn stopped us going into the CL he choose them instead.

Thats some jump....lets see what cost us points:

Against Chelsea:
Laboured attacks
Not taking our chances
Wanyama not being fit and losing possesion
Lloris errors

Burnley:
Kane missing 5 good chances
Eriksen missing two good chances
Laboured attacks
Poch setting up a highline with minutes left
Crap defending

Yeah, having Walker would have seen us win both games 5-0 I suppose

Our attacking players are struggling more without Rose and/or Walker.

Most of the reasons you listed are a result of those attacking players having less to work with. Less space due to less width, less space due to defenders not needing to be more cautious of or double up on fullbacks dribbling, less options to play it forward into space out wide etc. It's the reason big clubs have very good fullbacks.

Ridiculous that we fcuking laugh and malign Woolwich for their lack of buying the players they need and we do the fcuking same and fail to address the weaker parts of our squad.

And the issue of mentality remains.

Our attacking players are struggling more without Rose and/or Walker.

Most of the reasons you listed are a result of those attacking players having less to work with. Less space due to less width, less space due to defenders not needing to be more cautious of or double up on fullbacks dribbling, less options to play it forward into space out wide etc. It's the reason big clubs have very good fullbacks.
Excuse the pun but I think we are remembering our full backs through rose tints. They were very very good.

But show me the assists......?

How many goals were they directly involved in?

I have no recollection of Walker and Rose linking up with Dele and Eriksen in attack in particular.

I have no idea why Dele and Eriksen need full backs in order to play a simple through ball to Kane, have a shot, or take on a player.

Excuse the pun but I think we are remembering our full backs through rose tints. They were very very good.

But show me the assists......?

How many goals were they directly involved in?

I have no recollection of Walker and Rose linking up with Dele and Eriksen in attack in particular.

I have no idea why Dele and Eriksen need full backs in order to play a simple through ball to Kane, have a shot, or take on a player.

I think he is referring to spacing, if you have two very fast wing backs it prevents the opposition from playing narrow as they are stretching the game and thus creates a lot more space for the likes of Eriksen and Kane to operate in. Team balance essentially. It's like Dembele, he may not set up many goals but his ability to drive through midfield is distruptive to the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom