Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be in the minority, but if these couple of transfers come off then I'll be very happy with this window. Seem pragmatic, worthwhile purchases based on what we actually need rather than just punts. Yes there are character issues in terms of Aurier, but Poch isn't a fool and will only sanction what he believes he can mould in his preferred image. This is good stuff as far as I'm concerned.

I think Aurier is a good risk to take. He's clearly a winner, has clearly made mistakes and will clearly be either a huge favourite within he players and fans or a huge flop because he isn't remorseful about his actions.

If he's a hit we've got a player nobody else was willing to mound as a person and one of the finest right backs on the planet it seems. If he flops it's a step back for us but one we can recover from.

A signing like his should get all the haters off our backs regarding our ambition, both internally and externally at the club. Still, it hasn't gone through yet.....

I think Aurier is a good risk to take. He's clearly a winner, has clearly made mistakes and will clearly be either a huge favourite within he players and fans or a huge flop because he isn't remorseful about his actions.

If he's a hit we've got a player nobody else was willing to mound as a person and one of the finest right backs on the planet it seems. If he flops it's a step back for us but one we can recover from.

A signing like his should get all the haters off our backs regarding our ambition, both internally and externally at the club. Still, it hasn't gone through yet.....

Completely agree. While I don't condone it at all, nobody is finished as a person at the age he made his mistakes. I was an absolute bell sniff at his age; time should help.

The pace thing is a myth.....I'd like to know how many goals Walker contributed to?

We scored 107 goals last season.

Sorry, we lacked what? Did we walk the ball into the net?

Look at our goals. Forget the mantra, go and watch our goals from last season and tell me that just because we didn't have Carl Lewis on the pitch that our attacks were laboured.

We are too patient at times, but that's not about pace. We move the ball with pace.

Walker was not our biggest threat in attack, yet is the fasted in the PL.

So what's the point here?

Why are you comparing the pace of a fucking right back when everyone in here is talking about that option up front? We lack pace against the very best defences in the PL and in European competition, not when rolling in seven odd goals against the like of Hull Tigers.

Marital
Willian
Mane
Sanchez

Who do we have that has that pace, trickery and can thread a ball through the eye of a needle?

Oh we did lose Walker didn't we..........

FFS

Why are you comparing the pace of a fucking right back when everyone in here is talking about that option up front? We lack pace against the very best defences in the PL and in European competition, not when rolling in seven odd goals against the like of Hull Tigers.

Marital
Willian
Mane
Sanchez

Who do we have that has that pace, trickery and can thread a ball through the eye of a needle?

Oh we did lose Walker didn't we..........

FFS
I think Keita Balde Diao would be the perfect solution for this.

Those N'Koudou social media skills...

DCwiLoVXYAERlSN.jpg

Gotta love the #bAnTz tho, eh?

There's a reason that Pochettino doesn't play him. Like the other Jamie-O'Hara-On-Twitter no-mark you mention, he doesn't cut the mustard in training and practice matches.

Mates, I wasn't being very serious. Can we still play nicely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom