Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly athletes care what supporters think about them, but if Rose thinks the grass is greener on the other side when it comes to other club's supporters, he's sorely mistaken. He's turned into a great LB and has Poch to thank for it. It would be good of him to remember that.

Funniest bit for me - "I was a good player before Poch".

Danny, you went out on Loan to a club that was relegation fodder. You weren't a good player.

Last edited:
Poch won't be happy.

To be fair Joe, i couldn't give a stuff about Rose, and would like to see Poch think more about Davies starting and letting Rose rot, in fact a fuck i do not give.

I am fed up to the back teeth that Walker and now apparently Rose thinking that a third, and second place in the PL means a doubling of wages? For what?

We shouldn't sell him because we have no cover, but i'd be counting the days down to the January transfer window if i were Poch and then replace him. If Poch and or Levy fails to send out a message then Dier, or Dele will be the next in line hankering up for a move.

Last edited:
He signed a new contract towards the end of 2016 and has been injured since January/February. Now he's moaning about wages!!

Imagine getting a pay rise at Christmas, taking 6 months off and then moaning about being underpaid. The cheek of it!

Spot on.

He just wants more, because of the inflated wages and transfer fees being paid this off season, and all of this being engineered by the cunt of an agent he has.

How the fuck can you sign a deal and then act like a cunt by wanting more before you get any real chance to kick a ball in anger after signing the last deal?

Who even knows if he will return to full form from his current injury. Part of me wishes that he gets gangrene and his injured leg drops off.

Would serve the greedy, self righteous, self entitled cunt right.

I am through with the twat whether he stays or not.

Sammy l love you but l think you are having a breakdown in a nice way.
Get real Fidel. Just because he disagrees with you? I thought you were better than that. Get back on your tractor and keep fleecing those 'tourists'down on your farm. You're not so different Cas - in fact I'd suggest you're a capitalist deep down - certainly more than I am. And I'm not - not at all.

20728059_1445984098828536_6610940039761288529_n.jpg

I see the real test here being whether Rose can play for us again.

Make no mistake, the best outcome for us is still to keep him. He's the best LB in the league on his day, and if/when we actually make 3 or so signings the media spin can be that we've met his hopes for the club.

We have so much shit to hit the fan tomorrow. Will the club release anything officially in response to this? What the fuck will Poch's upcoming pre-match press conference be like?

The second article will help slightly repair Rose's relationship with the fans because he's only saying what most people on here have been saying all Summer.

However, he has literally slagged off half the players at the club, people he has to spend huge amounts of time with during the season. Again, it's such a weird thing to say. He mentions making signings where you don't have to google them. That's clearly taking shots at players like N'Koudou. He says "no offence" but that doesn't then give him the right to say what the fuck he likes after.

But he IS right about those players They absolutely do need to step up.

Rose is right about most of things he has said it's just the timing and who he has said it to is the problem.

I see the real test here being whether Rose can play for us again.

Make no mistake, the best outcome for us is still to keep him. He's the best LB in the league on his day, and if/when we actually make 3 or so signings the media spin can be that we've met his hopes for the club.

We have so much shit to hit the fan tomorrow. Will the club release anything officially in response to this? What the fuck will Poch's upcoming pre-match press conference be like?
But we all saw how useless he is when his was when his heart wasn't in it. There's no way he'll play with the same commitment after this. He's gone.

Last edited:
But we all saw how useless he is when his heart isn't in it. There's no way he'll play with the same commitment after this. He's gone.
Oh fuck, Joe, I just want this to all end up alright.
:pochfacepalm:

It was bad enough seeing Walker walk (no comedy intended) last month, but at least we had time to mull that one over. Like a pet where you know it's been sick for a while.

This is just horrendous and out of the blue. Genuinely can't remember an equivalent interview from a player in the last couple of weeks of a transfer window.

Every day this week I've gone to bed hoping for some good news the next day - but now I really don't want to see what tomorrow brings.

Also I'm drinking Asahi, so blame some of my misplaced optimism on that.

Imagine being homesick as an English player in fucking England. Talk about exaggerating issues. He could almost walk home.

The difference between the north and the south is massive. Not sure many people appreciate just how different it is.

I've been in London a few times and after a few days couldn't wait to get home. I've felt more home sick in London than any place I've been, and I've traveled a fair bit.

Although on the flip side, Walker and Rose were there for 10+ years. You'd think they'd adapt by that point.

Oh fuck, Joe, I just want this to all end up alright.
:pochfacepalm:

It was bad enough seeing Walker walk (no comedy intended) last month, but at least we had time to mull that one over. Like a pet where you know it's been sick for a while.

This is just horrendous and out of the blue. Genuinely can't remember an equivalent interview from a player in the last couple of weeks of a transfer window.

Every day this week I've gone to bed hoping for some good news the next day - but now I really don't want to see what tomorrow brings.

Also I'm drinking Asahi, so blame some of my misplaced optimism on that.

You're a better fan than I am. I honestly couldn't give a fuck. We'll put out a team at Newcastle and go from there. I really do trust Poch - I can't say more than that.

You're a better fan than I am. I honestly couldn't give a fuck. We'll put out a team at Newcastle and go from there. I really do trust Poch - I can't say more than that.
I'm with you there, Joe. Poch >> any single player.

I just think the reality is that Rose staying would be the best we could do here. The meltdown if he leaves for United (or somewhere) after Walker left for City is just fucking unbearable.

I know that a lot of fans on here and other forums (I made the mistake of venturing over to SpursCommunity to see what they made of it) are flippantly angry at Rose and want him gone.

I genuinely don't see his comments as being irredeemably bad. Certainly not with the sensationalised headlines removed.

Last edited:
To be fair, he played well for Sunderland, despite their relegation.

He played above all expectations when he went there, but the fact he went there in the first place speaks volumes.

When he came back from Sunderland in 13-14, his performances weren't what I would call "good" either. So for him to turn around and say "Jokes on you, I was good all along, before Poch ever got here" is funny to me.

Without Poch I would be surprised if Rose was in the England squad. I'd be surprised if he was at even a mid-table premier league club, because he could not defend to save his life.

I'm not sure what planet he's living on right now - some things he's saying don't connect with reality at all.

The difference between the north and the south is massive. Not sure many people appreciate just how different it is.

I've been in London a few times and after a few days couldn't wait to get home. I've felt more home sick in London than any place I've been, and I've traveled a fair bit.

Although on the flip side, Walker and Rose were there for 10+ years. You'd think they'd adapt by that point.

Homesickness is a thing, but maybe not so believable when you've spent 10 years earning shed loads of millions in a city only 200 miles down the road. I'm genuinely sorry for your experiences, but most people are happy to work where the money is. Unfortunately for us, that appears to be Manchester right now. Maybe it's got something to do with the money? Just possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom