Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a re-read of the quotes, it really feels like Rose saying those things.

Funnily enough, what popped out on reading it again is that (whoever the player is) was calling for more signings. As in frustrated but not really wanting to leave unless he absolutely had to. It's something you really don't see much with these player leaks.

Is it safe to say that Rose is #ITK and if it is revealed to be him tomorrow then there's no way to paint Levy's handling of the transfer window (so far) as anything other than awful?
So we can ignore the 6 or 7!players who have endorsed our policy and just suck off the one who doesn't like it

There was (is) a train of thought on here that we can't sign top players because it would upset our fantastic first 11
There was (is) another train of thought supported by me and others that our fantastic first 11 would actually welcome those top players and would thrive on and relish the competition it would bring.
Nothing else to say really. Night night .

Nobody would justify it. Some of us might get on with it though. Why do I get the feeling you want this to happen?

The football starts this weekend mate, you remember the football don't you? Actually playing and winning matches like last 2 years, it happens in the off season when we aren't discussing drama and transfers

Honestly some on here will rejoice if we lose to Newcastle, will be straight on here posting

The ability to think they are right is more important than the football clubs actual performance, cheering when we signed sissoko says it all, a louder cheer than any win during the season I bet

I just wish it was 2003/4 again sometimes, when the 3 points made us happy

So we can ignore the 6 or 7!players who have endorsed our policy and just suck off the one who doesn't like it
Gun to my head, I'd trust the one who dissented from the party line out of frustration.

Don't you think the comments by the players this summer have all seemed pre-written by the club to an obvious degree?

Edit; and I'm okay with them being on the same page unless things get really strained. And I fear we're in danger of that happening.

The football starts this weekend mate, you remember the football don't you? Actually playing and winning matches like last 2 years, it happens in the off season when we aren't discussing drama and transfers

Honestly some on here will rejoice if we lose to Newcastle, will be straight on here posting

The ability to think they are right is more important than the football clubs actual performance, cheering when we signed sissoko says it all, a louder cheer than any win during the season I bet

I just wish it was 2003/4 again sometimes, when the 3 points made us happy

This place is worse than RAWK these days.

DG0lIe8XYAAQszK.jpg

There was (is) a train of thought on here that we can't sign top players because it would upset our fantastic first 11
There was (is) another train of thought supported by me and others that our fantastic first 11 would actually welcome those top players and would thrive on and relish the competition it would bring.
Nothing else to say really. Night night .
Poch said today that the new players will be to challenge the start 11. There won't be any top players. We have policy and those who aren't on board are shown the door.

So no marquee signings for you or Danny Rose

Don't get the Rose hate.

He puts his body on the line every week for us and put up with ridiculous abuse.

Yes Poch made him world class but that doesn't mean he didn't put in the effort. He's a warrior and deserves nothing but respect.

Yes he's a footballer who gets paid things but he also wants to win things before he retires. It's that same drive and ambition that has led him to being the best LB in the country.

He's made it clear he would rather win things here. He doesn't owe his peak years to sticking by us in an austerity phase.

Gun to my head, I'd trust the one who dissented from the party line out of frustration.

Don't you think the comments by the players this summer have all seemed pre-written by the club to an obvious degree?

Edit; and I'm okay with them being on the same page unless things get really strained. And I fear we're in danger of that happening.
It's a case of believe what you want though.....
6 players support the regime.....aahhh its fake propaganda

One dissents, so that must be what everyone feels.

It's 'our' team not yours. That's where you're going wrong John. And poke it yourself.
Our team then. You really think I'm happy when I see our top players on a fucking production line to other clubs. Really!!!!
So why the fuck am I spending half my fucking life on here cunting off and fucking boring the pants you and others with my fucking whingeing and whining. Why would I be doing that IF I didn't fucking care.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom