Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows what the Sun's game is - they'll have woven a negative narrative around some seemingly innocent quotes. If it is Rose though, poor form to be speaking to a shit rag like that.
I see it as a 50/50. As the 5live interview showed, Danny is pretty candid (perhaps to a fault). Much easier to twist his words that way. Even in those quotes he still didn't say he was demanding to leave...

This is literally the worst time to get his opinion, given that every indiciation is we'll finally be signing a player (or three) very soon.

What alarms me is that of all people, I'd have thought the players would be kept in the loop of our transfer plans (especially if they were getting concerned).

If Rose is still worried then so am I.

If it's Danny he should be ashamed of himself however this is exactly what I've been harping on about with a lack f signings. Players are going to question what's going on and question if their careers are better suited elsewhere. On the club didn't know this would be a repercussion to dragging your heels I don't know
They don't care.
Unfortunately the culture of the club at the higher level is a "selling club"
Rose is right that there is no ambition shown and we pay shit, why stay ?
The stadium will make little difference.

Remember this time 24 hours ago when we were about to sign Keita Balde?

giphy.gif

Sissoko: "We should play CL football at White Hart Lane - Wembley isn't working"
result - branded a twat and dropped

Potentially-Rose "Me, me, me, me, me"
result - "doing it for us"

:deledoubt:

I see it as a 50/50. As the 5live interview showed, Danny is pretty candid (perhaps to a fault). Much easier to twist his words that way. Even in those quotes he still didn't say he was demanding to leave...

This is literally the worst time to get his opinion, given that every indiciation is we'll finally be signing a player (or three) very soon.

What alarms me is that of all people, I'd have thought the players would be kept in the loop of our transfer plans (especially if they were getting concerned).

If Rose is still worried then so am I.

Yeah... I'm not sure you'd have him down as "tight lipped", so not sure they'd be telling him club secrets :allitongue:

Journo's twist words but worse than that they'll sit on any semblance of a story until it'll do the most damage (get most clicks).
Whoever it is could have made those "innocent" comments weeks ago.

We've said it all along John yet are seen as pessimistic. Come on Spurs don't blow this once in a generation opportunity. Dig your heels in, go buy some class and give everyone associated with the club what it truly wants
If we sold him to Chelsea or United, God forbid, I'm convinced there would still be a few who would find it in themselves to justify it.
Hopefully it's all bollocks though, eh.

When we're happy to sell Walker to a rival, where he can double or triple his wages, it's only a matter of time till the dominoes start falling. No doubt Rose will now be called a cunt on here and wished good riddance. Who's next? Toby, Dele, Kane ????

You just said the exact reason Walker left, yet at the same time blame it on the club.

Walker didn't leave for trophies.

When will you stop making out our players are poor victims of some evil regime run by Levy.

They are 20 something multi fucking millionaires. You think Danny Rose and Kyle Walker were hard done by?
You think Spurs lack ambition and they deserve better?
Well it's the poor little rich boys out there on the pitch........maybe time to stop blaming signings, and chairman and just be that bit fucking better on the pitch instead.

Having a re-read of the quotes, it really feels like Rose saying those things.

Funnily enough, what popped out on reading it again is that (whoever the player is) was calling for more signings. As in frustrated but not really wanting to leave unless he absolutely had to. It's something you really don't see much with these player leaks.

Is it safe to say that Rose is #ITK and if it is revealed to be him tomorrow then there's no way to paint Levy's handling of the transfer window (so far) as anything other than awful?

There was that other story a few weeks ago saying Lloris thought Sissoko should leave - until you actually read what he said, and he said no such thing. Some people never get past the headlines.

If we sold him to Chelsea or United, God forbid, I'm convinced there would still be a few who would find it in themselves to justify it.
Hopefully it's all bollocks though, eh.
That's funny because you are the one who agrees with the players stance.
You agree we are lacking all the signnngs Walker needed, and that we are too tight to pay him whatever he wants and we aren't good enough.

It's you who justifies them wanting out, and thinks they should be allowed to hold the club to ransom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom