Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the point, he has gone off the reservation and talked to a newspaper that hates our guts come on even an idiot should think twice about that!
I agree - Poch clearly won't like it as he demands 100% commitment, but who knows how this will go down between them.

I like Rose and don't want him to leave, but Poch will decide and that will be that.

I thought they had a transfer ban? With that being the case they have to use everyone available surely.

Until January, they do.

I'd imagine Costa will join them in Jan or train with them until Jan.

Athletico won't miss a player they haven't had, as mentioned before, he's been on loan. A transfer ban doesn't mean they're down to a 15 man squad.

What he says in that link about wanting to see top signings come, not people you have to look up on Youtube, is EXACTLY what I've been saying all along about how the players perceive ambition. Will you all come in line now that we have it from the horse's mouth?

I agree completely. It's a booster shot in the arm and you'll probably get another 5-10% out of the current players because of it.

From a business perspective it also generates buzz, increases marketing capabilities and enhances your stature. We need a gem or two as well as hungry exciting younger players to beef the squad up

The second article will help slightly repair Rose's relationship with the fans because he's only saying what most people on here have been saying all Summer.

However, he has literally slagged off half the players at the club, people he has to spend huge amounts of time with during the season. Again, it's such a weird thing to say. He mentions making signings where you don't have to google them. That's clearly taking shots at players like N'Koudou. He says "no offence" but that doesn't then give him the right to say what the fuck he likes after.

ok, this version sounds a lot better. Although a stupid thing to do, he sounds like a passionate Spurs fan having a rant. And I pretty much agree with everything in this version.
Why are there two different versions of the same damn article? Now I'm just fucking confused.

Until January, they do.

I'd imagine Costa will join them in Jan or train with them until Jan.

Athletico won't miss a player they haven't had, as mentioned before, he's been on loan. A transfer ban doesn't mean they're down to a 15 man squad.
No but they can't strengthen and Costa could still go anywhere. Just an observation really, if I was in that position I'd be battening the hatches for this year.

The second article will help slightly repair Rose's relationship with the fans because he's only saying what most people on here have been saying all Summer.

However, he has literally slagged off half the players at the club, people he has to spend huge amounts of time with during the season. Again, it's such a weird thing to say. He mentions making signings where you don't have to google them. That's clearly taking shots at players like N'Koudou. He says "no offence" but that doesn't then give him the right to say what the fuck he likes after.

I can say it as a fan, he shouldn't be as a colleague or member of staff. I like what he says but it shouldn't be coming from him and to a piece of shit paper like The Sun

Why are there two different versions of the same damn article? Now I'm just fucking confused.
I think there are several parts to it. Here's a pretty revealing extract from a part that I don't recall seeing before. Note the bold text.

Yet the long-serving left-back is sick of hearing suggestions he was not up to it before Pochettino arrived in 2014.

Back then Rose was unpopular with Spurs fans after tough times under Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood.

And when Pochettino handed him a new contract, many were scathing.

Rose added: “People speak about me and to me as if I had two left feet before Mauricio came to the club.

“But I want people to understand that having one average season, as I’d had, doesn’t make you a bad player. You need to distinguish that.

“I don’t usually blow my own trumpet, but I was a good player before the manager came. I am an even better one now and he has helped me become more consistent.

“But don’t ever speak about me as if I had two left feet before he arrived. I am not having that. I’ll never forget how some fans treated me when I signed a contract.

“I have been desperate to get that on record and I hope people read about my mindset on that one.

“I am happy at Tottenham, I love my team-mates and the fans have been great for the last three years.

“But I got a lot of stick before Mauricio came to the club. I’ll never forget some of the things they were saying about me.

“Now I want to win things and I want to be in the starting 11 at the World Cup with England. If I have a good season, these things will sort themselves out."

Rose is happy to slag off half the players at Spurs, players who should be his friends really. But at the same time he's still bitter about a few Spurs fans abusing him on twitter 4 years ago when he signed a new contract under Pochettino. Talk about ironic...........

No but they can't strengthen and Costa could still go anywhere. Just an observation really, if I was in that position I'd be battening the hatches for this year.

They've sold 5 players, sent 5 out on loan and let 1 players contract expire.

They certainly don't seem to worried, with actions like that.

The reality is they've got a player they don't rate (Sending him on loan usually spells the end of anyone's career after making a £20 mil move) and his value is going to drop if he doesn't get paid. I'm sure they'll take the £20-30 mil, cope with 4-5 months until January and then replace him.

It is shit like this that makes me question what the fuck I'm doing being so emotionally invested in it all.

The players don't give a shit about Tottenham. They want to get a good wage and win stuff.

Applies to 99.99% of all players.

The only thing surprising is that people find this surprising. Danny Rose and Kyle Walker knew each other from when they were kids until now. They've been rivals for at least 12+ years. Do you not think they would talk about things such as being home sick (An apparent reason for Walker moving and now something Rose is stating)?

They would both have had similar worries and Walker leaving may be the final nail in Rose's Tottenham career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom