Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how the Rose situation is best dealt with by "swift dealings on the market". I'd deal in it by rallying the troops. Sitting down with the players and talking with them to start with. Getting some new players in would definitely be part of it. But in no way would just buying some new players solve it.

New players does not = ambition in and of itself. Up until recently Rose said that himself. But money talks with a silk tongue

In a world where completely average players like Lingard and Benteke are on over £100k a week I can understand some of our players wondering what is going on.

But Danny Rose is seriously out of order for doing this so publicly.

I don't see how the Rose situation is best dealt with by "swift dealings on the market". I'd deal in it by rallying the troops. Sitting down with the players and talking with them to start with. Getting some new players in would definitely be part of it. But in no way would just buying some new players solve it.

New players does not = ambition in and of itself. Up until recently Rose said that himself. But money talks with a silk tongue
You make some good points. In many ways we are in a catch 22 but that is not to deny we shiouls have been doing more in the transfer market than we have thus far.

In a world where completely average players like Lingard and Benteke are on over £100k a week I can understand some of our players wondering what is going on.

But Danny Rose is seriously out of order for doing this so publicly.

But mate I am not sure Lingard is paid that much and strikers are always on a premium.

It is finding a workable balance that is key but on Rose, we should ensure that if he is sold that we buy a replacement first.

Having seen Walker go with no replacement was always asking for trouble althougb Rose's outburst goes way beyond that.

I bet Rose is quaking in his boots today at the prospect of having to face Poch. He'll be livid at the fact he went to the press and said this just before the season starts.

He's going to burn a brilliant relationship with Poch, the fans and the players.

Our lack of ambition strikes again. Unfortunately these things spread like wildfire and if we don't win anything next year we'll start seeing similar articles about other key players.

I know it's frowned on to actually want some success after half a century of yoyoing and being nearly rans, but it feels like a slap in the face when we're on the precipice and our boards lack of action has enabled this situation to happen.

On reading what Rose has said , he seems an angry young man, I imagine the injury has frustrated him but his comments are pretty out of order & incredibly stupid.

Rich kids who let it all go to their heads & actually think they're worth the thousands they get. You're an entertainment product like X factor or a dildo , youre not Gods.

That said , I'm fairly happy with the squad but we need to replace & upgrade, we're so slow at dealing with these issues & have been for years , it's bloody annoying

If Rose wants to go up north I hope we sell him to a club in Norway.

If Rose doesn't like that he has competition for his starting spot (which is implied if not outright stated) then he doesn't have the mentality Poch requires.

What the fuck is going on!?
What was always going to happen after two good years. We're the enemy of the established order now. So the old order will try to pick us apart. It's why Poch has said all spring and summer that it is important to keep the current team together as much as possible. It was not just about signing new players. But keeping the current team together

If Rose wants to go up north I hope we sell him to a club in Norway.

If Rose doesn't like that he has competition for his starting spot (which is implied if not outright stated) then he doesn't have the mentality Poch requires.

Hey??? Did you read the interview mate? If anything Rose is saying he wants world class players at the club to challenge him. He never mentions anything about not wanting to fight for a place. Whiles he's coming across as a bit of a prick, I don't blame him one bit. We have a chairman that pays shit wages compared to the other top teams.

We have made no attempt to sign a single player this season whilst everyone around us are strengthening. How can you blame the guy ? If the fans are getting pissed off with our lack of ambition then how do you think the players are feeling ? The usual deluded guys on here will defend levy until they are blue in the face. Fact is our lack of ambition will ruin all the good work we have done.

Who gives a shit if parts of what he said were true. It's the timing of it all.

The season starts in 3 days and he's coming out with that shit? Arrogant pick. I hope Pochettino two foots him on his return.

Hey??? Did you read the interview mate? If anything Rose is saying he wants world class players at the club to challenge him. He never mentions anything about not wanting to fight for a place. Whiles he's coming across as a bit of a prick, I don't blame him one bit. We have a chairman that pays shit wages compared to the other top teams.

We have made no attempt to sign a single player this season whilst everyone around us are strengthening. How can you blame the guy ? If the fans are getting pissed off with our lack of ambition then how do you think the players are feeling ? The usual deluded guys on here will defend levy until they are blue in the face. Fact is our lack of ambition will ruin all the good work we have done.
He has every right to feel that way. But keep that stuff within the club. There is no need for him to go to a paper and just dish out

Sell the prick. Yeah I love him as a player but it's totally unacceptable to come out with shit like that, no matter how much truth he said. Didn't he also say that he'd love to end up his career at Spurs a few months ago when he signed the contract? If that's how easy he changed his mind, then let him go. Players come and go, really.

What was always going to happen after two good years. We're the enemy of the established order now. So the old order will try to pick us apart. It's why Poch has said all spring and summer that it is important to keep the current team together as much as possible. It was not just about signing new players. But keeping the current team together
If we end up wining nothing again this season - Kane and Alli would next probably. People need to realise top players want to win trophies - that's the cold reality. Stats mean fuck all to these guys.

If we end up wining nothing again this season - Kane and Alli would next probably. People need to realise top players want to win trophies - that's the cold reality. Stats mean fuck all to these guys.
Alli was always going to leave some day. That much is obvious. It's going to take more to get Kane out in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom