Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im willing to bet that within 2 seasons, no one is talking about Ake. Probably be at some mid table Spanish side.

Ok player, no more in my opinion

Some of the players people have screamed blue murder over that we should sign at all costs:

Ings
Schniderlin
Berahino
Deepay

Yep...I well wish we spunked 100M on that lot

When Pochettino joined us I remember us being linked with:

Lallana
Rodriguez
Lovren

Yet we ended up with Wanyama from Southampton not the one I'd have expected us to go for.

I liked Ings too, but cant say I look back and regret not signing him now.

People make so many claims about what a player will bring and how we have messed up the season by not signing.......remember the Schniderlin fiasco? The forum imploded for 12 months straight.....people quit in protest because we didnt buy him ffs. It was lunacy.

What exactly did we miss out on again....???? Nothing.

Just like "missing out" on Sessengon, Barkley and Lemar etc. No one will care when we're flying at Christmas.

Until the January window opens, and "we need...........new flavour of the month..........................."

Not disagreeing just saying a fit Ings would sit on the bench and if he came on last 10, I'd expect him to fare better than Vinny.

I want Vinny to work out and still feel he will, but Ings was used to the league.

Wanyama for £12m is incredible and the best of the lot. He came for Poch, says a lot.

To think he was considered as the back up for Dier. He's proven to be an excellent purchase. Happy for us to take another punt like that on someone who isn't considered to be in the elite bracket but a solid PL experienced player who wouldn't cost the earth to get.

To think he was considered as the back up for Dier. He's proven to be an excellent purchase. Happy for us to take another punt like that on someone who isn't considered to be in the elite bracket but a solid PL experienced player who wouldn't cost the earth to get.

It's almost frustrating we have both him and Dier to be honest, we are truly spoilt at the moment.

Remember Palacios/Zokora!?

I liked Ings too, but cant say I look back and regret not signing him now.

People make so many claims about what a player will bring and how we have messed up the season by not signing.......remember the Schniderlin fiasco? The forum imploded for 12 months straight.....people quit in protest because we didnt buy him ffs. It was lunacy.

What exactly did we miss out on again....???? Nothing.

Just like "missing out" on Sessengon, Barkley and Lemar etc. No one will care when we're flying at Christmas.

Until the January window opens, and "we need...........new flavour of the month..........................."
Don't forget your favorite Sammy, Bony.

Bakayoko and Kante partnership sounds dominating.

But Chelsea's eleven was an eleven that could easily be upgraded - better right wing back and left wing back were needed. Looking like signing Alex Sandro, no doubt go for a right wing back too. Matic is shit, so Bakayoko is already an upgrade. Christensen coming in at centre half is better than Cahill. Hell, they may even put Azpilicueta at right wing back and put Christensen in his place at centre half.

So I don't think we should be comparing their summer to ours. Our eleven was stronger than theirs. I've said it numerous times. Do a combined line up and we'd come out with a lot more players because our eleven bares no weaknesses.

Chelsea will strengthen their eleven because they need to - it just means there depth gets even better. They have the money to do so and a ruthless chairman.

To even compete with the way we are run is incredible and we should commend the manager and the team who GOT us here.

But, but Kante, what about the greatest DM in the World. (Wanyama is better than Kante).

To be fair, Kante has had one less season then that and made 208 successful tackles. Which is 3 less than Wanyama.

Wanyama has made 211 successful tackles in 98 games.
Kante has made 208 successful tackles in 72 games.

Last edited:
People on this forum really need to chill out. The players aren't even back from preseason yet, and a number of you are losing your minds as we haven't signed anyone!

I'd rather wait for a signing, and that signing be worth while, rather than another N'Jie or Chiriches!

In truth our starting 11 doesn't need improving. We need depth.
I liked Chiriches, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom