Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakayoko and Kante partnership sounds dominating.

But Chelsea's eleven was an eleven that could easily be upgraded - better right wing back and left wing back were needed. Looking like signing Alex Sandro, no doubt go for a right wing back too. Matic is shit, so Bakayoko is already an upgrade. Christensen coming in at centre half is better than Cahill. Hell, they may even put Azpilicueta at right wing back and put Christensen in his place at centre half.

So I don't think we should be comparing their summer to ours. Our eleven was stronger than theirs. I've said it numerous times. Do a combined line up and we'd come out with a lot more players because our eleven bares no weaknesses.

Chelsea will strengthen their eleven because they need to - it just means there depth gets even better. They have the money to do so and a ruthless chairman.

To even compete with the way we are run is incredible and we should commend the manager and the team who GOT us here.
Agree with you that we might have more better individual players when compare first eleven. However as a unit, Chelsea often look more effective. They played to the strength of Hazard and Kante perfectly.

Just in case this is better then fuck all - courtesy of Hertyid on COYS

I haven't had much/any info recently. But a few things I've heard this week.

Walker probably leaving. Rumour at club is Levy has put 60m price tag on him. He will probably go for less but they paid 50 for Stones and 35 for a GK so Levy likely to dig in.

I was previously told by someone involved in youth setup that if Walker left, KWP would get more game time. I've now been told by someone else that we would likely bring in another RB but that Trippier will be first choice. As we all know the Poch gameplan asks a lot of the full-backs so we will need four first team players rotating throughout the season. KWP will definitely start to feature though.

Dier not for sale.

Wimmer may leave. He wants more game time. Sonny's best pal though so we are keen to try and keep him involved in squad. Lots of games between now and Xmas and one injury opens the door for him. Especially in a back three.

Sissoko definitely on the market. Not sure that event counts as news!

Nothing on incomings I'm afraid but this guy isn't involved in that, so unlikely to know anything. And he's not a bullshitter.

I haven't had much/any info recently. But a few things I've heard this week.

Walker probably leaving. Rumour at club is Levy has put 60m price tag on him. He will probably go for less but they paid 50 for Stones and 35 for a GK so Levy likely to dig in.

I was previously told by someone involved in youth setup that if Walker left, KWP would get more game time. I've now been told by someone else that we would likely bring in another RB but that Trippier will be first choice. As we all know the Poch gameplan asks a lot of the full-backs so we will need four first team players rotating throughout the season. KWP will definitely start to feature though.

Dier not for sale.

Wimmer may leave. He wants more game time. Sonny's best pal though so we are keen to try and keep him involved in squad. Lots of games between now and Xmas and one injury opens the door for him. Especially in a back three.

Sissoko definitely on the market. Not sure that event counts as news!

Nothing on incomings I'm afraid but this guy isn't involved in that, so unlikely to know anything. And he's not a bullshitter.

In other words:

- Kyle might or might not leave.
- It might or might not be for 60m
- And if he does, we might or might not bring in a replacement
- Someone we knew is not for sale, is not for sale.
- Someone we knew is for sale, is for sale
- Another one we knew is for sale, is for sale.
- Not a bullshitter

awkward-seal-wow-thanks-very-fucking-useful.jpg

Being linked Javier Hernandez and Josh King this morning.

Hernandez would be a good signing, on a 2 year contract. He'd add experience and certainly knows where he goal is.

Josh King has a solid season last year, but never really did much before that. I'd still be ok with him as a signing though.

Saying that, Bournemouth have done some great business.

In other words:

- Kyle might or might not leave.
- It might or might not be for 60m
- And if he does, we might or might not bring in a replacement
- Someone we knew is not for sale, is not for sale.
- Someone we knew is for sale, is for sale
- Another one we knew is for sale, is for sale.
- Not a bullshitter

awkward-seal-wow-thanks-very-fucking-useful.jpg

Don't read it then.

You could, alternatively, read pages of people moaning about anything but transfers.

Being linked Javier Hernandez and Josh King this morning.

Hernandez would be a good signing, on a 2 year contract. He'd add experience and certainly knows where he goal is.

Josh King has a solid season last year, but never really did much before that. I'd still be ok with him as a signing though.

Saying that, Bournemouth have done some great business.
Cheating moaning little shit, i can't stand him.

TBH if we got 12M from monchengladbach for Jannsen and spent 15M on John King I'd think that was good business.

For maybe about 5 mins, until we realised we'd swapped Janssen plus cash for an older Norwegian bloke who has flopped everywhere in his career, bar one season at Bournemouth.

TBH if we got 12M from monchengladbach for Jannsen and spent 15M on John King I'd think that was good business.

Bournemouth spent 20 mill on Ake. Do you really think they'd sell a striker who was one of their best players last season, who has been developing extremely well under their current manager, for 15? No way. In today's market I doubt they'd even accept 30 for him.

And I do not believe he'd be a good fit for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom