Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bournemouth spent 20 mill on Ake. Do you really think they'd sell a striker who was one of their best players last season, who has been developing extremely well under their current manager, for 15? No way. In today's market I doubt they'd even accept 30 for him.

And I do not believe he'd be a good fit for us.

They've also bought Defoe and have Afobe and Callum Wilson....

He's had a good season. Can't do worse than Jannsen.

Isn't Chicharito, like, 402 years old? Doesn't sound very Pochesque to me. Also I don't think his style of play is right for Spurs, who've dallied - badly - with close-range poachers in the recent past (e.g. Bobby Soldier / Vinny).

It does feel like Josh King's a more all-round CF, happier to be involved in play from further back. More like Kane. Much younger too. My take on it is that he would fit better into this Spurs squad than an on-the-shoulder goal-hanger type.

I know we've had lots of success with in-the-box strikers in years past but it seems like they're starved in in this current team.

Josh King and Chicharito?

Enjoy your weekend guys

giphy.gif

Isn't Chicharito, like, 402 years old? Doesn't sound very Pochesque to me. Also I don't think his style of play is right for Spurs, who've dallied - badly - with close-range poachers in the recent past (e.g. Bobby Soldier / Vinny).

It does feel like Josh King's a more all-round CF, happier to be involved in play from further back. More like Kane. Much younger too. My take on it is that he would fit better into this Spurs squad than an on-the-shoulder goal-hanger type.

I know we've had lots of success with in-the-box strikers in years past but it seems like they're starved in in this current team.

According to Cherries fan/journo just been on TS, King goes missing when played deep/support striker.

Josh King is a great buy as a 3rd striker. Don't understand turning your nose up at that when Kane will play 95% of games. We're not looking to replace Harry so don't know why people would expect a bigger name like Chicharito, who doesn't suit us in any way, shape or form.

Josh King is a great buy as a 3rd striker. Don't understand turning your nose up at that when Kane will play 95% of games. We're not looking to replace Harry so don't know why people would expect a bigger name like Chicharito, who doesn't suit is in any way, shape or form.

I think it's cos many still harbour concerns about our 2nd striker.

We were the only club with 3 players with at least 10 League goals. Goals aren't an area we desperately need to improve.

Just offering up the likely rationale....

...but if that's that case why bother signing him at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom