Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is already a mad transfer window. Ake for a reported 20 million is another sign og that but also just how much has gone to Prem clubs if Bournemouth with all due respect can dish out such sums.

Everton spending money they expect to receive and Wenger releasing the shackles where he can and Guardiola (kiddie in a sweetie shop) demanding anything with 2 legs.

I get it completely but I really do hope we are not going to wait until the last fortnight to try and stare selling clubs out. We were unreal last season on our pitch and with so many performances we will not replicate.

We need 3 or 4 players even if we keep our core squad.

Plenty time today but a lot less than 4 weeks ago.
In fairness, I thought Ake looked very good against us in the FA Cup semi-final, but the £20m fee is still steep.

Probably a moot point because they'll regret it and buy him back for double that within the next four years.

The ITK will either be

The new kit - More than likely
Ross Barkley signing* - doubt it
Marcel signing - Highly doubt it

*Few reports stating Everton will announce Barkley has signed a new 5 year deal tomorrow.

RedCafe.

"Alderweireld: Nothing special. Good player, but not significantly so when compared to United's current personnel. Not interested."

:dembelelol:
I should downvote you just for reposting that trash, Christ.

Nothing special, just a top 10 CB on the planet! We've got Chris Smalling!

Fuck off.

The ITK will either be

The new kit - More than likely
Ross Barkley signing* - doubt it
Marcel signing - Highly doubt it

*Few reports stating Everton will announce Barkley has signed a new 5 year deal tomorrow.

I would like to see us buy him but he should stay. Everton are showing ambition and we know how that feels.

But he will not walk into any top 5 side as things stand but will start and learn if he stays.

His choice but should he stay I think it would be an act of loyalty.

Koeman cannot complain about not being backed.

I genuinely don't think the club would announce a new signing that way...
It kinda feels like they're trying to keep up (or down) with the Kids on Facetwat... like Trump on Twitter, it just doesn't feel right!

I reckon it'll be the kit/Nike deal announcement!
Nike love a bit of that attention seeking 'I knew first' guff that goes on these days...
And how do I know I hear you all ask?

I'm ITK innit? :kaneshh:

I'm 100% happy with our starting 11. I don't need a signing to replace any of them in order to make me feel better.

But if players like Wimmer and/or GKN are seen purely as injury cover then simply put everyone involved deserves better and we don't have the quality in depth required to compete across so many competitions. That's why I look at situations like the reported unhappiness of Kyle Walker as "a good problem to have". Unless he's a distraction in the dressing room, players of his quality that desperately want to play every minute is what separates big clubs from also-rans; it is Pochettino's job to manage that relationship and walk that line. To have that flexibility and quality in depth and rotation is how we'll start winning silverware, not sheltering our stars from any competition whatsoever.

The only player that I desperately want replaced is Sissoko.

It is already a mad transfer window. Ake for a reported 20 million is another sign of that but also just how much has gone to Prem clubs if Bournemouth with all due respect can dish out such sums.

Everton spending money they expect to receive and Wenger releasing the shackles where he can and Guardiola (kiddie in a sweetie shop) demanding anything with 2 legs.

I get it completely but I really do hope we are not going to wait until the last fortnight to try and stare selling clubs out. We were unreal last season on our pitch and with so many performances we will not replicate.

Ake fit Bournemouth's system perfectly and as soon as he left their form went to shit.

£20m for a player that can hit the ground running isn't bad at all especially when he improves your side immediately.

Will Hughes to Watford has been the steal so far.

It is already a mad transfer window. Ake for a reported 20 million is another sign of that but also just how much has gone to Prem clubs if Bournemouth with all due respect can dish out such sums.

In today's market, Ake for 20 looks like a sweet deal, based on his performances last season. Hugely talented player.

Delusion aside, being completely fair to them their defense isn't their top priority. ATM they are the anti-Liverpool. Strong defence, absolutely average goal-scoring potential.

Bournemouth scored more goals last season than United.

They don't concede few because they've got excellent defenders, but because they play defensive football - probably because of relatively poor defenders. They don't have a working LB, use Valencia on RB and used at least 5 different mediocre CBs.

Im willing to bet that within 2 seasons, no one is talking about Ake. Probably be at some mid table Spanish side.

Ok player, no more in my opinion

Some of the players people have screamed blue murder over that we should sign at all costs:

Ings
Schniderlin
Berahino
Deepay

Yep...I well wish we spunked 100M on that lot

Last edited:
They don't concede few because they've got excellent defenders, but because they play defensive football - probably because of relatively poor defenders. They don't have a working LB, use Valencia on RB and used at least 5 different mediocre CBs.
I understand that, yes. But that's just Mourinho ball, plain and simple.

Im willing to bet that within 2 seasons, no one is talking about Ake. Probably be at some mid table Spanish side.

Some of the players people have screamed blue murder over that we should sign at all costs:

Ings
Schniderlin
Berahino
Deepay

Minus his horrendous injury, Ings would have been genuinely good cover for Kane.

Ings
Schniderlin
Berahino
Deepay

I still like ings, he could have been a player imo but had wrong advisors - enough to make/break a career

Minus his horrendous injury, Ings would have been genuinely good cover for Kane.
I still like ings, he could have been a player imo but had wrong advisors - enough to make/break a career

I liked Ings too, but cant say I look back and regret not signing him now.

People make so many claims about what a player will bring and how we have messed up the season by not signing.......remember the Schniderlin fiasco? The forum imploded for 12 months straight.....people quit in protest because we didnt buy him ffs. It was lunacy.

What exactly did we miss out on again....???? Nothing.

Just like "missing out" on Sessengon, Barkley and Lemar etc. No one will care when we're flying at Christmas.

Until the January window opens, and "we need...........new flavour of the month..........................."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom