Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back it up then.

Just noticed. We didn't have any if that's what you meant.

Son and Dembele were both £15,000,000+

But still, 2 is pretty impressive.

We really did get Eriksen, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and even Wanyama for peanuts.

Super squad we have and some of the players are getting better but we need a 3rd striker and a wide player like Zaha abd one like Barkley.

Today's game showed the need for a player who Pochettino has faith in when Kane is unavailable.

Super squad we have and some of the players are getting better but we need a 3rd striker and a wide player like Zaha abd one like Barkley.

Today's game showed the need for a player who Pochettino has faith in when Kane is unavailable.

Southampton always seem to sign good players.

I can't think of many they've signed over the last few seasons that haven't been pretty good, which is no doubt why we wanted Mitchell, but his leaving seems to have made no impact - even that Giabaddini (sp?) has been very impressive, considering his mediocre record beforehand.

Curious to see if we go back for anyone else from them.

It was a bit different. Ancelotti used a 4-3-3 in 13/14, but the role Ancelotti had Di Maria play in that midfield 3 was very different from what Zidane is asking Modric or Kroos to do. Then in 14/15 he alternated between a 4-2-3-1 (with James as the central attacking mid) and when Bale got injured a 4-4-2 (Isco on the left, James on the right).
A 'bit' different but primarily the same - their strongest eleven with everyone fit was a 4-3-3 with Alonso holding, Modric play-maker and one attacking mid behind Benzema.

In any case, this is all semantics, personally I believe Isco is more versatile than James and if others disagree - fair enough. You'd have to be a pretty special case to call someone a 'cunt' for that.

...Still hoping we get someone with raw pace zaha would be a good option imo also another striker kelechi iheanacho would be perfect!
I'd love Iheanacho too, but there's almost no chance we could get him.

Off that back of this season so far (and I know one of us could collapse, but regardless...) we and Man City have been on the same level.
If the shoe was on the other foot, there's not a chance in hell we'd be willing to sell a promising young striker to them. The one caveat is in case they made a mega signing that would render him surplus to requirements: but in that case they'd probably ship him off abroad.

He's on loan at Genoa and has scored 6 goals. In the last 5 years he's scored 12.

I'm going on stats alone here but doesn't strike me as someone we should want/need.seems to me no one wants him and his agent is talking it up
I don't think anyone is interested in him for the goals. It would be much more about creative passing/chance creation.

He's on loan at Genoa and has scored 6 goals. In the last 5 years he's scored 12.

I'm going on stats alone here but doesn't strike me as someone we should want/need.seems to me no one wants him and his agent is talking it up

He isn't on loan at Genoa, just for your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom