Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suso is so-so, nothing more.

From Serie A, one of the few forwards I'd target would be Mertens; he has refused a deal at Napoli and fancies the Premier League. This season is a freak, goals-wise, but he's still a flexible forward player, the kind lacking this season. Also adept in the #9, making him ideal to play with or instead of Kane.
What do you think of Nathan Redmond. I saw a glimpses of Mertens in him. Mostly because of his determination. Bit more skillful on the ball, young, english talent. Downside is he not yet peaked. Some would argue we usually fare better on this kind of signing though.

Dont know anything about Suso, but Iago Falque (ex spurs) seems better than him.

Warming to the idea of Barkley, Demerai Gray and Zaha given Poch's credentials
I'm cooling to the idea more by the day, as he has yet to have a single one of these "athletic dribblers with no end product" projects pay off. N'jie, Nkoudou and Sissoko have all be utter failures.

I love Mauricio as a manager, but as a talent spotter he leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm not against the idea of Barkley. His best position would be a number 8, not a 10. He'd certainly improve our match day squad. Poch has turned some of our players into top talent, and he could do the same with Barkley.

The same for Zaha.. he has the pace we're crying out for and has PL experience.

We all say we should be aiming higher.. but look at Chelsea with Moses and Alonso. Both were awful the past few seasons, but now surrounded by top players with a good manager and they're both looking great. We're capable of doing the same with Barkley and Zaha.

Isco seems like an old school Spurs signing - creative and exciting and stylish, but lacking in terms of athleticism and graft. Spurs history is full of players like that, and they are huge club heroes in some cases ... but Spurs are about more than that now.

I'd much rather have a Leroy Sane type than an Isco type.

Sunderland still marching steadfastly toward relegation.

Anyone up for giving Defoe one last turn at the club? Finish out his last season or two in the Premier League, instead of some POS Chinese or MLS team.

I'm cooling to the idea more by the day, as he has yet to have a single one of these "athletic dribblers with no end product" projects pay off. N'jie, Nkoudou and Sissoko have all be utter failures.

I love Mauricio as a manager, but as a talent spotter he leaves a lot to be desired.

Interesting point although Sissoko was surely bought for his supposed pace and power?

It is however an area that could be improved.

I like the idea of Barkley and one of Zaha or Gray.

Let Lamela leave in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom