Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, not particularly convinced he would be the missing link judging by what I have read though

Its so hard to judge Serie A players and how they'd perform elsewhere.

Niang has been a revelation for Watford yet woeful at Milan. Same with Ranocchia, doing well at Hull but was terrible at Inter.

Wouldn't put Gabbiadini in the same boat as he's talented but he was barely getting games at Napoli and comes in looking world class.

Suso was very highly rated at Liverpool wasn't he? Rodgers got rid of him because he wanted first team football I believe and he couldn't guarantee him that. I think we can do a bit better though and much better targets out there.

Suso was very highly rated at Liverpool wasn't he? Rodgers got rid of him because he wanted first team football I believe and he couldn't guarantee him that. I think we can do a bit better though and much better targets out there.
He was also dog-shit 90% of the time - might have been a factor too

Suso is so-so, nothing more.

From Serie A, one of the few forwards I'd target would be Mertens; he has refused a deal at Napoli and fancies the Premier League. This season is a freak, goals-wise, but he's still a flexible forward player, the kind lacking this season. Also adept in the #9, making him ideal to play with or instead of Kane.

Suso is so-so, nothing more.

From Serie A, one of the few forwards I'd target would be Mertens; he has refused a deal at Napoli and fancies the Premier League. This season is a freak, goals-wise, but he's still a flexible forward player, the kind lacking this season. Also adept in the #9, making him ideal to play with or instead of Kane.
He's 30 in May and most certainly not a #9

All these links to Barkley.. I'd sooner us go for Sigurdsson than him. He's a better player, works hard and has probably the best set piece delivery in the league.

Been there done that, he's not good enough on the ball

Makes me laugh people get on Son's back yet want Siggurdson back

He played under AVB and Sherwood.. The majority of our team looked pants under them. Vertonghen, Walker and Dembele are all better players because of Poch. Sigurdsson could be a bargain under Poch.

I personally don't think we need any more CAMs. I'd rather us focus on a striker and that's it. The rest of the squad is perfect.

Pochettino has already praised Sigurdsson this season, so he clearly admires him.

Though I can't help but feel that we need to aim higher. No disrespect to Sigurdsson.

Pochettino has already praised Sigurdsson this season, so he clearly admires him.

Though I can't help but feel that we need to aim higher. No disrespect to Sigurdsson.

I like Siggy, but he's always suited being a big fish in a small pond.

We have that in Alli. Plus Alli is miles ahead of Barkley in quality and potential.

Alli is the best u23 player in the Premier League.
Not sure weve seen the best of Barkley. There is potenial there, it just needs to be brought out. A decent coach and diferent club, could make the differance. I would have him at Spurs and I feel he could easily replace or be part of the two D F.

Son and Dembele were both £15,000,000+

But still, 2 is pretty impressive.

We really did get Eriksen, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and even Wanyama for peanuts.
Depending on where you look Dembele was 15m or £16m
If we are being pedantic, he stated 'players that cost more than £15m'
Not 'players that cost £15m or more'
So, if he's quoting the £15m sources technically he's correct,
:tobyarm:

I like Siggy, but he's always suited being a big fish in a small pond.

Agree; the last thing the squad needs is another mono-paced attacking midfielder.

Not sure weve seen the best of Barkley. There is potenial there, it just needs to be brought out. A decent coach and diferent club, could make the differance. I would have him at Spurs and I feel he could easily replace or be part of the two D F.

Agree, think he's an immense talent and has already improved tenfold under Koeman. For me though his potential can only be fulfilled as a #8; he's got fantastic feet and a decent short passing tempo, and is the closest thing to peak Yaya Toure I've seen when it comes to driving from midfield with the ball. That's the player he should be looking to emulate, not #10s.

He's approaching the final year of his contract so Everton can't command silly money, but I feel City, with HG necessity and an ageing midfield, already have him boxed off. Both he and Stones were at City as guests of Nike for the Champions League semi last season, and I have a feeling even then foundations were laid to acquire both. He's not necessarily what Spurs need anyway....

He's 30 in May and most certainly not a #9

He's played almost exclusively as the focal point of Napoli's attack this season, due to Higuain's departure then Milik's injury. An unorthodox #9, but even Kane fits that description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom