Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the point is related to the overall amount.

It doesn't matter a bean how it is recorded, the topic is, was and always has been "how much", not "how are they possibly going to record it".
So you're going to use that article as proof of how much we payed?

I never said that 30 million couldn't. My point was that our rivals can spend considerably more than that. If they spend 30m and fuck it up, then can easily spend another 30m to fix it. We can't.
That still doesn't relate to my point of having the financial ability to bring in quality players instead of always going the Alli route. It's a matter of balance at the end of the day

Depends what you call a fringe player. He's made 69 appearances for Real, scoring 22 times, in three seasons.

Isco, 119 appearances in four seasons. 21 goals.

Both attacking midfielders and James has a better goal to game ratio.

Doesn't seem much in it to me.
It is also worth noting during that time James has generally been part of the front 3 while Isco has been part of the 3 mids behind them

You know I always make an effort to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you act so obtuse these days I really can't be arsed any more.
lol - pompous much?
That article is embrassintg shit - you can't peddle that on here as proof of that we paid or you might as well give ITKs credit.

Anthony Modeste is scoring for fun in Bundesliga. An experienced lethal striker who could be a great back-up for Kane

Was utter dogshit in his stint at Blackburn in the league, but you're right he is scoring a considerable amount over in Germany now.

Ancelotti played the same 433 Zidane is adopting btw
It was a bit different. Ancelotti used a 4-3-3 in 13/14, but the role Ancelotti had Di Maria play in that midfield 3 was very different from what Zidane is asking Modric or Kroos to do. Then in 14/15 he alternated between a 4-2-3-1 (with James as the central attacking mid) and when Bale got injured a 4-4-2 (Isco on the left, James on the right).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom