Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go tell us we should sack Poch if we lose a game. James has been a fringe player since joining and never a regular - fact. Isco produces more - fact
He is world class and better than Isco. He was a regular under Ancelotti and he was incredible. You are very, very stupid if you think he only ever produced in the world cup, he's been regarded as one of the biggest talents since his Porto days

He is world class and better than Isco. He was a regular under Ancelotti and he was incredible. You are very, very stupid if you think he only ever produced in the world cup, he's been regarded as one of the biggest talents since his Porto days
He has never been a regular at Madrid since signing - even the figures prove that compared to Isco. You can insult all you want - doesn't change the fact he's gone backwards since leaving Moanco

Go tell us we should sack Poch if we lose a game. James has been a fringe player since joining and never a regular - fact. Isco produces more - fact
Isco 270 games, 47 goals and 53 assists (179 games for Real, 28 goals and 41 assists)
James 295 games, 81 goals and 101 assists (102 games for Real, 30 goals and 40 assists)
:adethumbup:

The link you posted is some guy giving his opinion on what might have been done Levy. It's about as legit as ITK on here.

An agent who knows him personally and has worked with him is not just "some guy".

You're still waffling, regardless

An agent who knows him personally and has worked with him is not just "some guy".

You're still waffling, regardless
The article is pure utter conjecture - its embarrassing journalism.

Point is - almost no transfer is ever recorded in its full amount hence the 6m over 5 years crap on Twitter

Because they play a completely different system. Same reason for why Isco has been benched
If he was the quality player he was at Monaco - would have forced his way in. Even when Bale was injured for months he hardly got a sniff. Unless he leaves - his career is doomed. At 25 he can still salvage and rebuild well. But I still believe Isco is the more versatile player. If that makes me a cunt in your eyes - all good

If he was the quality player he was at Monaco - would have forced his way in. Even when Bale was injured for months he hardly got a sniff. Unless he leaves - his career is doomed. At 25 he can still salvage and rebuild well. But I still believe Isco is the more versatile player. If that makes me a cunt in your eyes - all good
You're a cunt alright

Just wanted to point out we've broken the 30m mark on a few ocassions already - pity it hasn't quite worked out. But we certainty have the muscle for large purchases
Not really. If we've spent no more than £30m on a player, and that only twice in 4 years, then it's not the same as €74 million for Kevin de Bruyne.

We can't spend like that.

Not really. If we've spent no more than £30m on a player, and that only twice in 4 years, then it's not the same as €74 million for Kevin de Bruyne.

We can't spend like that.
Not sure what De Bryune has to do with this - why do you keep shifting the goalposts? 30m can land you great quality with the right scouting. And we most certainly can afford that - so your 'not really' comment is bizarre say the least

The article is pure utter conjecture - its embarrassing journalism.

Point is - almost no transfer is ever recorded in its full amount hence the 6m over 5 years crap on Twitter

No, the point is related to the overall amount.

It doesn't matter a bean how it is recorded, the topic is, was and always has been "how much", not "how are they possibly going to record it".

Depends what you call a fringe player. He's made 69 appearances for Real, scoring 22 times, in three seasons.

Isco, 119 appearances in four seasons. 21 goals.

Both attacking midfielders and James has a better goal to game ratio.

Doesn't seem much in it to me.

Not sure what De Bryune has to do with this - why do you keep shifting the goalposts? 30m can land you great quality with the right scouting. And we most certainly can afford that - so your 'not really' comment is bizarre say the least
I never said that 30 million couldn't. My point was that our rivals can spend considerably more than that. If they spend 30m and fuck it up, then can easily spend another 30m to fix it. We can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom