Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isco rumours being circulated in the Marca again.... would be an incredible signing.

Still hoping we get someone with raw pace zaha would be a good option imo also another striker kelechi iheanacho would be perfect!

I'm sick of these unknown unknowns.

The N'Jies, N'Koudous etc. - sure, they are great when they work out but unless they're going to come in and make a direct improvement to the squad, leave it out.

I'd be happy if we just left France altogether. We could have ended up with Martial, Sidibe, Dembele and Carrasco but instead we returned back from France with Stambouli, N'Jie and N'Koudou.

Lloris was the only one we brought from France who was a success wasn't he? and he was well known and top class at the time anyway. Which is why unless it's a Lacazette, Lemar, Bernado Silva etc. I don't want to know.

The N'Jies, N'Koudous etc. - sure, they are great when they work out but unless they're going to come in and make a direct improvement to the squad, leave it out.

I'd be happy if we just left France altogether. We could have ended up with Martial, Sidibe, Dembele and Carrasco but instead we returned back from France with Stambouli, N'Jie and N'Koudou.

Lloris was the only one we brought from France who was a success wasn't he? and he was well known and top class at the time anyway. Which is why unless it's a Lacazette, Lemar, Bernado Silva etc. I don't want to know.
N'unknown

I get your sentiment we are like that with Brazilians as well, maybe just stick to Belgians.

:tobyarm::dembelelol::vert:

If Isco becomes available then we would be behind some very rich clubs in the race to sign him. Our only hope is that Isco is some kind of hipster idealist who wants to play for Poch and be part of our great project for less money and silverware than he would get elsewhere. Unlikely at best!

I get your sentiment we are like that with Brazilians as well, maybe just stick to Belgians.

:tobyarm::dembelelol::vert:

Meh, if the Brazilian is PROVEN, I don't care.

Which sort of rules Gabriel Jesus out in that sense as he was good for Brazil at the Olympics and had solid Brazilian league stats but Paulinho had a good Confederations Cup and had solid Brazilian League stats.

I'm still wondering why no one has picked Rivaldo up from Burger King yet though.

I didn't imply that. I said we can't afford to drop the kind of money our rivals can on talent, which is true. We can't buy a peak year player for the kind of fees they pay. We need to find someone cheaper. And the way we play means they won't be older players, they'll need to be younger gambles, as Pochettino prefers to work with younger players, and we need the resale value to keep ourselves protected financially.

Sissoko was a big miss, we can't afford to do that regularly (or at all, to be honest). We have less cash, so have to support a lower wage bill and pay less for transfers. We also have much less cash to pay to replace mistakes quickly.

That's why we signed Janssen. Which hasn't worked out, but at the same time, no one was looking at Janssen as a bad move when we did it. He has been one of the unluckiest players in Europe this year based on his shot locations, so it's been a big surprise he hasn't scored.
Gabriel Jesus cost less than Sissoko

Moussa Sissoko 6 million pounds a year for 5 years
That's a lie made up on Twitter by Poch fanbois to justify the calamity of this fuck up. And even if you genuinely believed that (I cannot imagine you would be that naive) - 30m > 27m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom