Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i missing something as we are not far away from our fist game and all we have got is 2 defenders.And Looking like players do not really want to come.
You probably just missed the Levy interview. He mentioned that there'll be more business conducted towards the end of the window (surprise, surprise).

just saying as was talk kane may miss first few games with all the games he has played.We leave it until the end of the window and then get fucked over with other teams coming in for players and back to where we were players coming in panic never really wanted.You can see this season it will be kids in the Europa.The squad and wage bill will be a lot less the start of september

Capoue and Stambouli varied from poor to average (max), there might be a very good player in both but we did not get to see that at Spurs. Free wages, get some players out on decent fees that's what Levy does. Hardly surprising ...

So this is pretty much our squad at the moment...

I have left out players that Poch seems to want out and chucked a few youth who are around the 1st team atm / back end of last season.

As is so obvious to all Spurs fans DM / FC are very weak. AMC / R are also lacking in my opinion as Townsend isn't up to much.

Plenty of the window left however and the defence looks good. (On paper at least) and with Carter-Vickers showing plenty of promise too.

3vFbX5C.png

Clasie is a good signing for Southampton. Will be interesting to see how he adapts to the Premier League. Like someone else said, surprised we weren't even linked.

What's people's opinion on Jovetic as a striker re-inforcement?

A complete forward in my opinion (good at pretty much everything) and can play in a number of positions, not being played at City (they left him out of the squad registration for the second half of the European campaign), they could use the money at the moment and he's clearly expendable to them.

If he's a realistic option for us, I think we should explore the possibility......

Agree with all you said, would have liked him before he went to city but once they were in for him we weren't going to pay that, we may well get him a lot cheaper but fear he is so breakable, the bloke is always injured.
Not saying we shouldn't but his fragility should be considered in the price and what his value would be in terms of games played coupled with the fact he'd be on double what Kane is??????

pochettino always gives youth a chance he's done it at espanyol, saints and now us, at espanyol he bought through a ridiculous amount of youth he deserves credit for given them a chance and not bottling it. chadli seems to have improved so does lamela and rose

Fair enough about Espanyol, wasn't great there when he left though. Southampton sold their best and have done better!

Yes he gives them a chance, fair play.

Still not sure he can coach experience though.

Rose - young and was gash previously and still error prone until New Year.

Chadli - horribly interrupted season last year, year two much better until again his personal loss interfered.

Lamela - young too but, more to the point, how the fuck could he be worse? Still way off the player we paid for and is he really going to be Poch's success just because he finally looks worth half his fee in year 3?

Get Jedinak. Pardew doesnt want him. He'd be cheap as all fuck. He has some cunt in him but also leadership too. Wouldn't mind playing a role at a top side you'd think. He is no Davids or Parker don't get me wrong but he has certain qualities that our young midfield/squad could use

Get Jedinak. Pardew doesnt want him. He'd be cheap as all fuck. He has some cunt in him but also leadership too. Wouldn't mind playing a role at a top side you'd think. He is no Davids or Parker don't get me wrong but he has certain qualities that our young midfield/squad could use
We could do a lot worse.

For the American guys. How good COULD Adu have been? Was he just hype due to his debut age or was he genuinely talented?
No clue man, he was a weird one. He was so hyped so young. Decent in the MLS, goes off to Europe (where he becomes an after thought with most Americans) and gets bounced around the different clubs not really proving how good he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom