Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
11750644_1013326158698800_3810253976290420219_n.jpg

our squad for next season

Yea true, forgot about his injury problems, and yea he's on 120,000 p/w apparently. That's the trouble with signing players not in the starting line-up from teams like City; they get such high wages when they come, then don't play as much as they should, then value goes down and no one wants them for the wages they are on, it's a vicious cycle of ruining players.

Horrible club in terms of actual humanity.....

They could always take a pay cut...
Except they don't.
Mercenary players for a mercenary club..no sympathy for benched city players period.

With all the midfielders we are getting rid off and our approach of selling before buying, either two things have happened. Dele Alli is the best thing since sliced bread or we have someone big really lined up to be signed considering we have made close to 25 million in sales of Paulinho, Holtby, Capoue and potential sale of Stambouli.

I don't understand why anyone gives a shit that stambouli is going. Played a handful of games and showed nothing special. Didn't even do anything to earn a sort of cult status like holtby or even comically bad like paulinho. Clearly not wanted to the club. So adios.
Genuinely couldn't care less about him

So if he was on twitter dressed as Bruce Lee kung fu kicking and slagging off Woolwich he should have been given a fair chance?

I think people give a shit because our midfield is a weak link, and so far, we seem to be are running out of both targets and cover.

The entire AM is weak.
Both Lamela and Townsend are not good enough, while Chadli and Eriksen both need to gain consistency (although they contribute to a vast number of our goals)
The rest are children.

Stiker. Need I say more.

CM, as much as Id like Dembele in there starting, he wont, so its still basically Bentaleb and Mason, Dembele as a utility and some children.

Defence looks stronger (as you said on paper), although it remains to be seen whether Trippier is first choice material. Hope so because Walker isnt doing it for me anymore.

Still need IMO:
2 strikers, one to battle it out with Kane, and sometimes partner him, one young squad filler.
Right side AM first choice player, Left side AM to battle with Chadli.
CM, ball winning DM with experience.

That would be a solid improvement on the first team. Lots to be done still.

The entire AM is weak.
Both Lamela and Townsend are not good enough, while Chadli and Eriksen both need to gain consistency (although they contribute to a vast number of our goals)
The rest are children.

Stiker. Need I say more.

CM, as much as Id like Dembele in there starting, he wont, so its still basically Bentaleb and Mason, Dembele as a utility and some children.

Defence looks stronger (as you said on paper), although it remains to be seen whether Trippier is first choice material. Hope so because Walker isnt doing it for me anymore.

Still need IMO:
2 strikers, one to battle it out with Kane, and sometimes partner him, one young squad filler.

you are trashing fast on oure players. there are some so called children from last year (bentaleb, Mason,Kane,Dier) and didnt saw the veterans gving me much chills this season it was the so called children who did it and we finished 5th with them! Ohhh i forgot how Manu buyed some quality last yesar,guess what they finished 4th.....

thanks god you dont have a word to say on the transfers.

sorry for being rude but it pisses me off how people trash about players like they can play better then them. we all want to win but have some respect on the players aswell not evrybody is a Adebayor and cares only about money,stars like ronaldo and messi where also once young and people gave them a chance,

and you never know how a player can change, who knows what will lamela or townsend do next season maybe young player of the year ? you dont know it, i dont know it but atleast try to support them then trashing them down like they are only shit .........

The entire AM is weak.
The rest are children.

Stiker. Need I say more.

Still need IMO:

Lamela is good enough. Chadli was reasonably consistent outside of the bereavement period he had.

The entire AM is weak.
The rest are children.

Stiker. Need I say more.

Still need IMO:

So you are happy with our 3 defensive signings but just feel we need another 7 signings to be able to say we have had an effective summer? 10 players! Thats half a squad

Fair enough about Espanyol, wasn't great there when he left though. Southampton sold their best and have done better!

Yes he gives them a chance, fair play.

Still not sure he can coach experience though.

Rose - young and was gash previously and still error prone until New Year.

Chadli - horribly interrupted season last year, year two much better until again his personal loss interfered.

Lamela - young too but, more to the point, how the fuck could he be worse? Still way off the player we paid for and is he really going to be Poch's success just because he finally looks worth half his fee in year 3?

Yes, he's given a lot of young players their chance and made them excel, but it's not like he only played youngsters. There's a difference between not being able to coach an experienced player, and determining that the player's skill set and/or attitude to training is not at the required standard. We only have what's coming out in rumours from the club, but do you really believe Poch not being able to coach Kaboul, Vlad, Capoue, Paulinho and Ade being more likely than what's being said, ie. that their attitude was shit?

As for Soton doing better. As I understand it, Poch tries to instill his approach all the way through the club, to youth teams etc. A lot of Poch's working ethos would still have been around the squad and club. Unless your name is Moyes, it's hard to fuck up that much hard work in a season.....

you are trashing fast on oure players. there are some so called children from last year (bentaleb, Mason,Kane,Dier) and didnt saw the veterans gving me much chills this season it was the so called children who did it and we finished 5th with them! Ohhh i forgot how Manu buyed some quality last yesar,guess what they finished 4th.....

thanks god you dont have a word to say on the transfers.

sorry for being rude but it pisses me off how people trash about players like they can play better then them. we all want to win but have some respect on the players aswell not evrybody is a Adebayor and cares only about money,stars like ronaldo and messi where also once young and people gave them a chance,

and you never know how a player can change, who knows what will lamela or townsend do next season maybe young player of the year ? you dont know it, i dont know it but atleast try to support them then trashing them down like they are only shit .........

We were dogshit last year and havent really improved the first team bar Toby

The entire AM is weak.
The rest are children.

Stiker. Need I say more.

Still need IMO:

Bloody hell mate, thats pessimistic even for you! Saying that, we definitely need a striker, an attacking midfielder and a centre mid though so I don't think I can argue that point. I don't think many people will disagree we need those.

Maybe a little more faith in the 'children', they didn't do such a bad job for us last season and will only get better I hope.

I don't believe we're in for Moses, he's shit.

Not too bothered about not being in for Clasie, we need a defensive midfielder and that isn't what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom