Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue man, he was a weird one. He was so hyped so young. Decent in the MLS, goes off to Europe (where he becomes an after thought with most Americans) and gets bounced around the different clubs not really proving how good he is.
Even trained with Man Utd for a while too if I remember correctly. But yeah, I still remember the hype. Crazy how it's all ended up really.

so our current central midfielders include : Bentaleb, Mason, Dele, Dembele and Carroll. I am sorry but that hardly screams top 4 or even midtable. wtf are we doing in the transfer market?? . Cabaye would have been a tidy player for £10m. Moutinho back on the market?
Not so long ago we had a midfield that included the likes of Van Der Vaart, Luka Modric and Gareth Bale. All the national media were talking about a "power shift" in North London.

He is a decent player, similar to how Pienaar was a decent player. But it's a case of square pegs in a very round-hole system. Just because a big club signs a player doesn't change their ability or fit.

Man City signed Scott Sinclair.
So why sign him, if he didn't fit our system. I think it's a fiasco, and more stupidity on the club's part the way Stambouli has been treated.

So why sign him, if he didn't fit our system. I think it's a fiasco, and more stupidity on the club's part the way Stambouli has been treated.

Low risk punt like Holtby - what did we pay, £4m? Bought at a time before the manager had the clubs complete backing. He had chances, he didn't take them; we cut our losses and move on. What you call stupidity is a business model that so far as served those with a monetary interest in the club well. Obviously that's their prerogative and not high on us, the fans' lists of priorities, but as we're not mega-rich it's a strategy we employ. If it works we get to brag about our unearthed gem, if it doesn't, a minority still have hope while he's called a flop by others and, in this case, we almost (taking wages/signing on fee into account) make our money back.

It's certainly not a fiasco, we put a fiver on black but it landed on red, it's a shame but nothing worth getting upset about.

A little food for thought but is nobody else a little surprised at the low fees certain big name players have left for this season ? Was having this discussion at work today and for around 30m you could of signed a decent core to a young squad like ours.

Casillas
Schweinsteiger
Cabaye
Gerrard.
Konoplyanka
Khedira
Tevev
The rapist van persie

All have moved for relative, if somewhat bargain prices. Yes wages will be crazy but any 2 players from that list ( probably others i have missed) would of added much needed experience to our young squad. A certain rafael van der vaart springs to mind and look what happend there......experience and leadership is something you cannot train and it feels like in our current squad this is something that is certainly lacking especially in the middle of the park.

A little food for thought but is nobody else a little surprised at the low fees certain big name players have left for this season ? Was having this discussion at work today and for around 30m you could of signed a decent core to a young squad like ours.

Casillas
Schweinsteiger
Cabaye
Gerrard.
Konoplyanka
Khedira
Tevev
The rapist van persie

All have moved for relative, if somewhat bargain prices. Yes wages will be crazy but any 2 players from that list ( probably others i have missed) would of added much needed experience to our young squad. A certain rafael van der vaart springs to mind and look what happend there......experience and leadership is something you cannot train and it feels like in our current squad this is something that is certainly lacking especially in the middle of the park.

How much are their wages?

so our current central midfielders include : Bentaleb, Mason, Dele, Dembele and Carroll. I am sorry but that hardly screams top 4 or even midtable. wtf are we doing in the transfer market?? . Cabaye would have been a tidy player for £10m. Moutinho back on the market?
We can all see your point in regards to the names not shouting ambition however at the end of the day they are names, we need players who can do the task Pochettino asks of them. Look at that United side who won the league last; Rafael, Jones, Evans, Anderson, Cleverly, Fletcher, Welbeck and Kagawa, those names don't scream winning the league by 7 points either.

The other thing with your aforementioned names is they are all with the exception of Dembele young and will grow their names as they progress. forgiver my optimism but I don't feel our current calibre of player is alarming.

Agree with all you said, would have liked him before he went to city but once they were in for him we weren't going to pay that, we may well get him a lot cheaper but fear he is so breakable, the bloke is always injured.
Not saying we shouldn't but his fragility should be considered in the price and what his value would be in terms of games played coupled with the fact he'd be on double what Kane is??????
Yea true, forgot about his injury problems, and yea he's on 120,000 p/w apparently. That's the trouble with signing players not in the starting line-up from teams like City; they get such high wages when they come, then don't play as much as they should, then value goes down and no one wants them for the wages they are on, it's a vicious cycle of ruining players.

Horrible club in terms of actual humanity.....

For me it would confirm that Benji is a decent player and was scandalously under-used by Poch. If he didn't pick him just cos he didn't want him signed, then Poch would drop yet another notch in my estimation.

Fair dos Greavsie. Respect your opinion but I'll hang tough in judging Pochettino when he gets the players in he wants to work in his system. If that happens this season then I feel it's great we have a manager who's able to assert himself over Levy rather than the smelling a bit dodgy free transfers of Saha etc we got with Redknapp and the obvious bargain bin additions AVB had to make do with. I'm not saying either were great football tacticians (in the first instance) or had a great style of play (in AVB) but I'd like to see Pochettino either fail or succeed on his own terms. We've made the mistake of not backing the manager more than once. When Levy was happy with Redknapp and signed VDV as a goodwill gesture the joy and success it brought us made my heart go through the roof. I'd love to see a bit more of that. I think Stambouli is a decent player. Capoue too but what goes on in training or between the staff and players is anyone's guess really.

[QUOTE="Freddy Adu [/QUOTE]

Freddy Fucking Adu? There's great potential for an Adu related song there but fucks sake. Cunt is a league 1 striker at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom