Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
6.5m Euros ain't what it used to be - only £4.5m at current exchange rates after Euro's recent plunge. PSG have got a bargain. Good luck Benji. Shame it didn't work out.

I find it funny how main stream news media outlets get the currencies confused, some are quoting £6.5m while others say Euros which is equal to about £4.5m, hardly some great transfer activity.So that's our two pure defensive midfielders gone

Would seem that it has nothing to do with Rabiot, then.

To be expected.
Yeah, I'm not sure where people got the ITK rumor of this Benji-Rabiot deal. There's nothing on SC about that, and the latest that I've heard regarding Rabiot is that PSG will only loan him ... and West Ham are apparently closing in on such a deal.

I find it funny how main stream news media outlets get the currencies confused, some are quoting £6.5m while others say Euros which is equal to about £4.5m, hardly some great transfer activity.So that's our two pure defensive midfielders gone

That's true that the two true DMs at the club are/will soon be gone. However, we need to sell all the players that Poch won't use, as we can use the squad spots for someone he actually will play. As soon as a decision is made on a player it's better for all parties to move on. Cynical indeed, but Poch is the decision-maker and none of the players sold so far this window would have played much next season.

Kaboul, Adebayor, Chiriches are the last must be sold players. Can see Bobby getting another season as he has stayed a pro and I think Poch likes him.

so our current central midfielders include : Bentaleb, Mason, Dele, Dembele and Carroll. I am sorry but that hardly screams top 4 or even midtable. wtf are we doing in the transfer market?? . Cabaye would have been a tidy player for £10m. Moutinho back on the market?

I don't understand why anyone gives a shit that stambouli is going. Played a handful of games and showed nothing special. Didn't even do anything to earn a sort of cult status like holtby or even comically bad like paulinho. Clearly not wanted to the club. So adios.
Genuinely couldn't care less about him

Yeah, I'm not sure where people got the ITK rumor of this Benji-Rabiot deal. There's nothing on SC about that, and the latest that I've heard regarding Rabiot is that PSG will only loan him ... and West Ham are apparently closing in on such a deal.

If he is loaned out, West Ham would be a very underwhelming choice for such a highly rated young player.

That's changing the goalposts mate!

Fact is we have paid for one of them so he's a yes.

Begovic from Stoke to Chelsea no 2, even we could've been in that ball park.

Remy we couldn't buy from Chelsea anyway I doubt. If you have one striker (pretty much everybody wants shot of at least one or both of Ade and Soldado) but you can't afford more than £9-10m for him then wages may have to be higher, needs must.

We can afford £100k a week if we have to. Get rid of Ade and it frees up more than that anyway!

Ok, Hernandez another option? Let me guess, we can't offer him starting XI so he won't come. Excuse after excuse so let's just keep Ade and Soldado then!!?

I saw somebody scoffing at Jelavic but I don't know what people expect. I'm in the camp that we could afford to go for bigger and better if we wanted....we won't for various reasons.

So, 'play hungry kids' who will love the shirt and give their all etc.

I'm all for giving them a chance and if good enough they're old enough but, we have Europa groups and Carling Cup for that, we should be aiming for as competitive as possible first XI for the league and then hopefully a superstar comes through and ADDS to that.

I have a nagging feeling about Poch. The whole kids thing is not his baby (excuse the pun), it's Southampton's, as they proved before and after him. Youngsters are easier for him to coach as they have lots of head-room for improvement which he can then take (be given) credit for when really they are just naturally improving from their current point of development. Most of the deadwood we had/have was never going to work but, I haven't seen him coax any improvement or find a role for a more experienced player yet. Maybe he can't coach or manage them? Maximise Dembele and I'm convinced, there's a £30m player there easily. Maybe nobody can do that but, flogging him and keeping Carrol will have me reeling big-time!

Anyway, if we're not rich enough or good enough for Higuain or Cavani, or Dzeko or Jovetic and can't buy/pay Remy/Chicarito, there's no Harry Kane mk2 ready to promote so.....Jelavic is our level it seems?
pochettino always gives youth a chance he's done it at espanyol, saints and now us, at espanyol he bought through a ridiculous amount of youth he deserves credit for given them a chance and not bottling it. chadli seems to have improved so does lamela and rose

I don't understand why anyone gives a shit that stambouli is going. Played a handful of games and showed nothing special. Didn't even do anything to earn a sort of cult status like holtby or even comically bad like paulinho. Clearly not wanted to the club. So adios.
Genuinely couldn't care less about him

I agree, I have to say people who were going on about him being half decent, I didn't see him do much good at all, looked alright against a couple of the Europe pub sides but one of the slowest players I've seen in a while and is not good enough for that CDM at all.

In fact as soon as greavsie says it was "criminal not playing him" you know he isnt good enough

so our current central midfielders include : Bentaleb, Mason, Dele, Dembele and Carroll. I am sorry but that hardly screams top 4 or even midtable. wtf are we doing in the transfer market?? . Cabaye would have been a tidy player for £10m. Moutinho back on the market?
Three of those five practically played the entire season between them, so to say it hardly screams 'mid table' is doing a disservice. Or had you forgotten we finished fifth?

We got rid of Capoue, and what looks like Stambouli because they by and large, did fuck all. I sincerely doubt Poch would see the window out without picking up at least one CM.

2s8l8nb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom