Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just when I think we're showing some ambition, we go out and sell the primary school. #SellingClub #LevyOut

Typical spurs selling players before they reach their prime and
lovejoy-think-of-the-children-16nov131.jpg

As someone who as advocated a move for McCarthy since he was at Wigan, I will say that I have watched him an awful lot, and can't understand why he isn't wanted. This isn't a comment on Mason in any way, and certainly not 'hate' quite frankly.

Stats piss me off so much - football is not a game that lends itself to stats readily like cricket does, for example. Do stats tell you a players positional awareness? Do they tell you anything that isn't specific to the ball? Not really.

McCarthy, for example, is someone who will improve us as a team - and that is what we are after. The only problem I can really see is the inflated fee. Is there a better option? Maybe, I don't know too many of the names banded around from Europe, and if there is then I'm all for it.

I don't really remember Bentaleb playing alongside Capoue or Stambouli at the start of the season - did that happen?

I mentioned this before, it is a long season, and last year we ran certain players into the ground, Mason included, it makes no sense to not improve players and the squad.

Not sure why you have gotten the royal arsehole about it, to be honest.
Yes Bentaleb played alongside Capoue and Stambouli. West Ham away Liverpool home with Capoue and with Stambouli in Belgrade I think.
I don't judge a player on just stay either. But most throw them about when we are linked with someone they have never seen play.
I just dislike the Mason has to go rhetoric. We must get rid. Like he has given us nothing in his first season. Of course it make sense to improve the squad. But my gripe is with the Mason out McCarthy in as if Mason has no part to play.
The point I was making is we need a player like Mason in the team just as much as we need a McCarthy.
Upgrade on Mason and get a good Defensive midfielder by all means, which Mc Carthy is. But don't get rid of Mason.
Saying McCarthy is better than Mason is also nonsense, they do different jobs. Mason is not a DM. It's like saying McCarthy is better than Bentaleb, which he may well be at DM. Then people will say Nabil's not a DM though.
Improve the squad by all means, but not at the expense of Mason. Has he done that bad last year?
I have just got the arsehole, but not the royal arsehole. :) I have my reasons.

I think Benji is great squad player and potentialy can become top if u use him enough but now we got ali and he may be restricted to the amount of games he could play oh and lest get Austin as he wont cost that much

Shots from crossing are converted at the lowest rate. Headers from crosses are the absolute lowest, with shots from either foot following a cross being the next lowest. From open play, the absolute highest conversion % are shots following rebounds, and then shots from throughballs.

Maybe in terms of efficiency, but in terms of gross total more goals come from Wingplay than any other method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom