Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's people's opinion on Jovetic as a striker re-inforcement?

A complete forward in my opinion (good at pretty much everything) and can play in a number of positions, not being played at City (they left him out of the squad registration for the second half of the European campaign), they could use the money at the moment and he's clearly expendable to them.

If he's a realistic option for us, I think we should explore the possibility......

For me it would confirm that Benji is a decent player and was scandalously under-used by Poch. If he didn't pick him just cos he didn't want him signed, then Poch would drop yet another notch in my estimation.

He is a decent player, similar to how Pienaar was a decent player. But it's a case of square pegs in a very round-hole system. Just because a big club signs a player doesn't change their ability or fit.

Man City signed Scott Sinclair.

Maybe in terms of efficiency, but in terms of gross total more goals come from Wingplay than any other method.
According to what source?

In any event, if you're choosing a less efficient way to score goals, you're going to be wasting more effort to score than other methods. Given we need all the help we can get, wouldn't it be best to focus on being more efficient, than less?

More efficient methods also match Poche's preferred style of play. He wants the ball on the deck and central, creating throughball chances.

How did we not show any interest in Jordy Clasie? Saints just agreed a fee of 8ish million for him. He is a fantastic player, like a combination of Sneijder and Modric with a commanding and combative side to him. Only 24 and currently the captain of Feyenoord so he clearly has plenty of experience.

Absolutely miles better than Mason

I don't understand what criteria he doesn't meet for a CM that we badly need......
Silly name and not Belgian enough

For the American guys. How good COULD Adu have been? Was he just hype due to his debut age or was he genuinely talented?

I think I'll prefer Benji leaving the league before a move within the PL where we could watch him do very well in a position we could have used him ourselves. I hope he gets his move and wish him all the best, shame it didn't work out at Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom