Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbs will dislike just be because it's me, but I was confused as to how what I said fitted in with what you had. no worries!

:adebaehug:​

I disliked what you said because you were the main man giving Jan mountains of shit in his thread because you read his body language and claimed he was showing a shocking team attitude, but some cunt from another team acts out, you back him and understand/make excuses for ACTUAL DISRUPTION.

I won't link to the the Jan thread, because last time you rallied to have me sin binned (as usual).

Want to explain why you make excuses for MS for actual team disruption, while lambasting Jan for your (now proven wrong) presumption that he could be an unhappy want away?

With Walker's recovery not seemingly simple and the alternative to Naughton being Fredericks, at least until January it would be simply ludicrous and potentially implosive to sell Naughton now. He's a solid second choice/back up. Perhaps not top six quality starter, but our one seems broken so he will do.

Is rather have a back 3 than naughton. IMO Kaboul at rightback long term would be a safer bet points wise.

I disliked what you said because you were the main man giving Jan mountains of shit in his thread because you read his body language and claimed he was showing a shocking team attitude, but some cunt from another team acts out, you back him and understand/make excuses for ACTUAL DISRUPTION.

I won't link to the the Jan thread, because last time you rallied to have me sin binned (as usual).

Want to explain why you make excuses for MS for actual team disruption, while lambasting Jan for your (now proven wrong) presumption that he could be an unhappy want away?

1) "Cross thread butthurt" - hypocrit: you've "disliked" me for something totally unrelated.

2) Where did I make excuses for the behaviour? Go back and read it again.

I quoted a post which suggested it was a regular aspect of his personality, so I pointed out that the circumstances are extreme. He's been with the club 6 years without quibble and is pissed off because they've sold the squad around him.

3) I'm quite sure you completely make up threads that don't exist. I "lambasted" Vertonghen for looking like the least motivated (and worst performing) member of the team whilst you were rallying for him to be Captain!

I read some people comparing Schneiderlin's situation to Modric's.

Yes, maybe we indeed are giving too much credit to player-power. And I do have the bad feeling that Krueger will be a cunt and will pull a Levy by keeping Schneiderlin for another season. But ... if that does happen, it makes very little sense on Southampton's behalf. They can't afford to do what Levy did.

Some people are speculating that Schneiderlin will eventually (just like Modric) stick it up and get over this, if he's not sold. But I completely doubt it. Modric's situation was very different (in that Summer of 2011). First of all, he was being touted to go to a direct rival (in Chelsea). In all fairness, Saints are not even close to be our rivals. Plus, Modric still had the likes of Bale, VDV, and the same manager, let alone the same expectations and aim at the club. And I could go on and on about how unfair this is for Schneiderlin.

Idk, this saga is ridiculous to me. And if Southampton are trying to give a message, it's a pretty shitty and hypocritical message. In the end we may not get him this Summer, but Southampton will surely be losing more than we would. And it's a shame for Saint's fans that this is going like this for such a likable player.

#SorryRantOver

Apparently Modric had a gentleman's agreement with Lev regarding allowing him a move to a big club.

Lev broke that promise (initially) and Modric was fuming.

I still don't know why Naughton gets so much shit.

He's a good defender - gets better with a good run in the team.

Whilst I think he lack the special something we need for a right back, and I want Yedlin to come in, he was great against Shalke and I almost felt a little like I'd been proved completely wrong by him in that game.

Why people give some players a free pass for one good game out of 20 and fail to appreciate naughton for one bad game out of 20 I don't know.

If Levy is thinking £7m, he's on the right track
I think it's a two part phenomenon of typical memory. Something old is never as valued as something new, everyone feels like they've seen what Naughton can do and as such he's devalued compared to shiny new toys that offer a different experience and hope. And negative experiences stick in the memory longer than positive ones.
I think Dembele is a good opposite case to use with Naughton. Both can go through many matches making no impression on you, either way. Dembele occasionally does something good, Naughton occasionally does something bad. The line of people wanting to ship Naughton out is considerably longer, despite him being younger and offering more future potential than Dembele. People even defend Dembele him by saying the manager can get him doing this or doing that and he'll be class, even though its rare that players at 27/28 really develop their game in new ways.

1) "Cross thread butthurt" - hypocrit: you've "disliked" me for something totally unrelated.

2) Where did I make excuses for the behaviour? Go back and read it again.

I quoted a post which suggested it was a regular aspect of his personality, so I pointed out that the circumstances are extreme. He's been with the club 6 years without quibble and is pissed off because they've sold the squad around him.

3) I'm quite sure you completely make up threads that don't exist. I "lambasted" Vertonghen for looking like the least motivated (and worst performing) member of the team whilst you were rallying for him to be Captain!

Nothing to with cross thread. YOU CALLED ME OUT! The subject was disruptive players and you were the main naysayer during Jan's leaning in the tunnel aspect. But here you are making excuses for MS with actual team disruption/want away.

I'm not auto disliking your posts. If I see you talking up a MS disrupting/wanting out. But you talked down one of ours for leaning against a wall, excuse me for hitting the dislike.

If you want to call me out on it, don't shit your pants calling cross thread butthurt when I remind you are being a hypocrite.

And yes I was backing Jan. Because class is permanent and form is temporary. I would have looked like a cunt if I was wrong and he was about to hand in a transfer request. But here is is, doing interviews regarding our strength capable of honors. It's strange how you think me rallying for Jan is somehow a bad thing?

Perhaps it's because you said his attitude will stop him from becoming a top defender at the time.

Last edited:
With Walker's recovery not seemingly simple and the alternative to Naughton being Fredericks, at least until January it would be simply ludicrous and potentially implosive to sell Naughton now. He's a solid second choice/back up. Perhaps not top six quality starter, but our one seems broken so he will do.

Unless Yedlin comes in.

I appreciate what Naughton offers the squad, but I'd make room for Yedlin.

Naughton deserves first team football, and he could perhaps do very well at a club that utilises him properly - it's perhaps a bit selfish that I want to keep him only unless we get Yedlin, as he'd not get game time ahead of walker.

Shame really, as Naughton seems to be a model professional.

Some woman near me said "who is that guy? Number 16? He only looks 12"

lol

Not with his injury record.

It won't happen, but if it did, Kab won't be getting over stretched covering for naughton and rose ball watching or letting balls bounce. = less injuries. Haha

You have to admit, we got slammed on the wings last season.

I honestly think capoue, sandro, kab, dembele etc often get so many strains because the general quality of our team shape off the ball causes too many last gasp sprinting, last ditch slides etc due to complete breakdown from wingplay. Not many attacks and counters were coming through the middle.

Wingplay also made my ice cream fall of the cone.

Apparently Modric had a gentleman's agreement with Lev regarding allowing him a move to a big club.

Lev broke that promise (initially) and Modric was fuming.

:levyeyes:

"Gentleman's agreement"

:levywtf:

"I don't recall that at all Luka"

:levylol:
"Ha bloody ha, put that in your pipe and smoke it"

:levywhoa:

"Real Madrid offering mucho pesos? Okay . . . . . Deal"

:levywtf:

"We are now in partnership (feeder club) for Real Madrid"

Nothing to with cross thread. YOU CALLED ME OUT! The subject was disruptive players and you were the main naysayer during Jan's leaning in the tunnel aspect. But here you are making excuses for MS with actual team disruption/want away.

I'm not auto disliking your posts. If I see you talking up a MS disrupting/wanting out. But you talked down one of ours for leaning against as wall, excuse me for hitting the dislike.

If you want to call me out on it, don't shit your pants calling cross thread butthurt when I remind you are being a hypocrite.

And yes I was backing Jan. Because class is permanent and form is temporary. I would have looked like a cunt if I was wrong and he was about to hand in a transfer request. But here is is, doing interviews regarding our strength capable of honors. It's strange how you think me rallying for Jan is somehow a bad thing?

Perhaps it's because you said his attitude will stop him from becoming a top defender at the time.

Dean-Wtf....gif

I often think you have pre-determined replies that you look for an excuse to paste in, regardless of relevance.
:llorishuh:

here's a timeline:
Murphy Murphy asked
"And do we want a player who is likely to do the same to us in a few years?"

I replied
"Remember that his discontent is likely fuelled by the fact they've sold and let go a large amount of players - he's not just kicking up a fuss, they're treating him differently"

i.e. he's not likely to do the same to us. He's below Berbatov, Modric and Bale in the 'cunty' stakes. He's been loyal for 6 years and it sounds like they've broken a promise more than anything.

You disliked my post. I pointed that out.

You tell me that you only disliked my post because of something something made up something Vertonghen thread off topic whinge moan

Now you're banging on about Vertonghen again
:pochserious2:

"you talked down one of ours for leaning against as wall, excuse me for hitting the dislike."

So essentially, you're emotionally scarred and hold personal grief because I agreed with Hoddle's comments about player behaviour under Sherwood?
You'd an odd sausage....

Dean-Wtf....gif

I often think you have pre-determined replies that you look for an excuse to paste in, regardless of relevance.

here's a timeline:
Murphy Murphy asked
"And do we want a player who is likely to do the same to us in a few years?"

I replied
"Remember that his discontent is likely fuelled by the fact they've sold and let go a large amount of players - he's not just kicking up a fuss, they're treating him differently"

i.e. he's not likely to do the same to us. He's below Berbatov, Modric and Bale in the 'cunty' stakes. He's been loyal for 6 years and it sounds like they've broken a promise more than anything.

You disliked my post. I pointed that out.

You tell me that you only disliked my post because of something something made up something Vertonghen thread off topic whinge moan

Now you're banging on about Vertonghen again
:pochserious2:

"you talked down one of ours for leaning against as wall, excuse me for hitting the dislike."

So essentially, you're emotionally scarred and hold personal grief because I agreed with Hoddle's comments about player behaviour under Sherwood?
You'd an odd sausage....

CJJ. A gif does not change the fact that you are making excuses for MS behavior. I hit dislike because when it came to Jan, you had the opposite opinion and you were highly critical. (And he didn't even do anything unlike MS who went public)

If you want to call me strange for explaining why I disliked you post after you called me out, then that is your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom