Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

And for those wondering about that last tweet...

Still think it's a guess by Hayward. Especially now that reports are saying Villareal are thinking about offering Musacchio a new deal.

I still think it'll eventually get done, just going to take some time. Look how long it took City to land Mangala.

Still think it's a guess by Hayward. Especially now that reports are saying Villareal are thinking about offering Musacchio a new deal.

I still think it'll eventually get done, just going to take some time. Look how long it took City to land Mangala.

I think the offered deal is simply PR. Villarreal could never hope to contend with the wages we would offer, so it's simply to appease the casual fan and respectfully put the ball in Musacchio's court. They tried, he doesn't put in a transfer request, everyone wins.

I think that's pretty standard.. Soton are paying his wages and can stop hhis money if he refuses to train..
He has probably been advised to train badly so the manager can see he doesn't want to be there.
If a player wants out, that player will never be as good as before, well maybe apart from Suarez..
If they keep him they are on to a loser.

Considering he is 29 and last season was poor I doubt we can make anything but a big loss on him unfortunatly if we get £15 million we will be lucky I feel.
Selling him for any price would be ludicrous. Some players take time to settle. He`s one of them. Soldado`s fucking class with a point to prove. We must keep him.

Just read we're looking to have a squad no bigger than 25 players. Disagree with this philosophy- unless we loan out the excess to other smaller prem clubs like chavski and city do.

Today's add a caption for Andros contest.
10304978_10152539944644404_754768050003720675_n.jpg

I still don't know why Naughton gets so much shit.

He's a good defender - gets better with a good run in the team.

Whilst I think he lack the special something we need for a right back, and I want Yedlin to come in, he was great against Shalke and I almost felt a little like I'd been proved completely wrong by him in that game.

Why people give some players a free pass for one good game out of 20 and fail to appreciate naughton for one bad game out of 20 I don't know.

If Levy is thinking £7m, he's on the right track

Last edited:
I still don't know why Naughton gets so much shit.

He's a good defender - gets better with a good run in the team.

Whilst I think he lack the special something we need for a right back, and I want Yedlin to come in, he was great against Shalke and I almost felt a little like I'd been proved completely wrong by him in that game.

Why people give people a free pass for one good game out of 20 and fail to appreciate naughton for one bad game out of 20 I don't know.

If Levy is thinking £7m, he's on the right track

With Walker's recovery not seemingly simple and the alternative to Naughton being Fredericks, at least until January it would be simply ludicrous and potentially implosive to sell Naughton now. He's a solid second choice/back up. Perhaps not top six quality starter, but our one seems broken so he will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom