Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about Mason, looked good in pre-season but yeh our squad is huge we need to sell and raise cash, for me it's about transfer targets. I would love us to get Bony, Schniederlin and Depay but that would cost say £60 million.

If we sell the below I believe we should get £50 to £70 million lets just say very rough figures. I definiatly think our squad has to much quantity and if we sell alot of players that are not required we can buy 2-3 players of exceptional quality. Poch has already said he wants to sell some players so I guess it's up to Levy now to trim the squad.

Sandro £15 mil (if Sneiderlin comes)
Dawson £4 mil
Khumalo £2 mil
Ekotto £4 mil
Carroll £5 mil
Paulinho £20 mil
Chadli £10 mil (if Depay comes)
Obika £4 mil
Lancaster £2 mil
Soldado £13 mil (if Bony comes and he wants to go)
No way Soldado leaves us under 18-20 million!

Not sure about Mason, looked good in pre-season but yeh our squad is huge we need to sell and raise cash, for me it's about transfer targets. I would love us to get Bony, Schniederlin and Depay but that would cost say £60 million.

If we sell the below I believe we should get £50 to £70 million lets just say very rough figures. I definiatly think our squad has to much quantity and if we sell alot of players that are not required we can buy 2-3 players of exceptional quality. Poch has already said he wants to sell some players so I guess it's up to Levy now to trim the squad.

Dawson £4 mil
Khumalo £2 mil
Ekotto £4 mil
Carroll £5 mil
Paulinho £20 mil
Obika £4 mil
Lancaster £2 mil
Paulinho 20mil? 12 max + perfomance of 3-4.

Dawson £4 mil
Khumalo £2 mil
Ekotto £4 mil
Carroll £5 mil
Paulinho £20 mil
Obika £4 mil
Lancaster £2 mil
:adelol:

£32m for a CB is the day football finally became a farce.

I don't get that concept at all. A £30m striker might get you 20 goals a season, but if he's replacing a striker that scored 10 goals a season then the net difference is 10 goals, which is almost certainly an amount that a top class defender can help you stop conceeding (especially in Citeh's case). Look at the difference between City with Kompany and without him - it's huge. The same went for Man Utd without Vidic, AC Milan without Maldini, Brazil without Tiago Silva etc etc. Factor in that central defender wages are typically less (reducing the overall cost) and they have greater longevity, and I'm struggling to see why they aren't a good investment.

£32m is probably excessive for Mangala (£40m IS nuts for Luiz) but if I was in charge of a large football club then I'd certainly consider spending that kind of money on a central defender of top quality.

If you don't have him on ignore you must be...
Says the clueless melt who seeks my attention daily with some unfunny quote or witty 'joke'

(oh, yes - you will reply to this and win the internet for today while the Welsh peasant rep whore Tucker Tucker who reads every thread on here 24/7 / 365 will pos rep you as the enemy of his 'enemy' and feel contempt afterwards)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom