Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jj on Musacchio:

"I love the doom-mongers going on about this negotiation its vintage SC!
Its a negotiation for a lot of money FFS and we wont just do a City or Chelsea.
This is well progressed however now in a bit of a holding pattern and we are cooling off due to 3rd party and Villarreal getting a bit over excited with the money. So we are just playing it cool.
If i was to talk about percentages i would say 80% chance of go-ahead but that is a positive and i would only say 80% even after someone had done a medical and agreed personal terms!"
Stop posting that monster's bullshit.

Daniel Agger anyone?
bjbw-gacyaevqj.jpg

**** No! He's the Bendtner of defending. Shit and obnoxious. He makes Skrtel and Sakho almost look good. Not wanted in that terrible defence of Liverpool should say it all. I'd rather have ****ing Senderos, and I wouldn't want the latter if someone paid me £10m to take him to my local 6th division club.

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 16m
Buenas dias! Okay, so there's a brief update on the Musacchio today from @javimatagil.

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 15m
He claims that Villarreal have offered Musacchio a new contract. The wording of this sounds very interesting though. 1/2

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 14m
He says Villarreal's new terms are less than those being offered by Spurs. That suggests we have been given permission to talk to him. 2/2

That suggests to me that this is almost at it's 'fin'. Musacchio wants to leave for both sporting & economical reasons.

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 13m
He won't force a move by going on strike like others as he has too much respect for the club.

So.. based on all that, it sounds very likely that Musacchio will be announced as a Spurs player THIS week.

Tottenham Hotspur have a pretty ridiculous number of senior players, and Mauricio Pochettino seems to have noticed. The Telegraph has a story with comments by Pochettino about needing to trim the squad size, and he's pretty clear about his thoughts that quite a few players need to leave.

"We have a long, long squad. I think we need to take a decision now to decide how many players to keep, because we have more than 25. For me, too many players. My idea is 25. No more than 25. We need to decide now, after our tour in America, and start to work here and decide our squad for the future."
Tottenham Hotspur don't need to sell or loan many players to comply with the Premier League's 25-man squad limit, as a number of the players in the first team qualify as Under-21, but that's not what Pochettino's talking about here. If Spurs have 28 or 29 players in the squad, there's simply not going to be enough playing time to go around, even with four competitions. If Spurs trim the number of players in the squad by five or so, there are still going to be quite a few players who almost never play.

Additionally, Spurs are pretty clearly trying to bring in Mateo Musacchio, Morgan Schneiderlin and a winger. If that happens and Pochettino's serious about this squad size business, something like eight players need to be sold or loaned out.

There's a lot of business left to be done for Spurs, and most of it is going to be departures.

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 16m
Buenas dias! Okay, so there's a brief update on the Musacchio today from @javimatagil.

Spurspanyol @Spurspanyol · 15m
He claims that Villarreal have offered Musacchio a new contract. The wording of this sounds very interesting though. 1/2

He says Villarreal's new terms are less than those being offered by Spurs. That suggests we have been given permission to talk to him. 2/2

That suggests to me that this is almost at it's 'fin'. Musacchio wants to leave for both sporting & economical reasons.

He won't force a move by going on strike like others as he has too much respect for the club.

So.. based on all that, it sounds very likely that Musacchio will be announced as a Spurs player THIS week.
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...-counter-spurs-proposal-by-offering-21m-star/

Tottenham Hotspur have a pretty ridiculous number of senior players, and Mauricio Pochettino seems to have noticed. The Telegraph has a story with comments by Pochettino about needing to trim the squad size, and he's pretty clear about his thoughts that quite a few players need to leave.

"We have a long, long squad. I think we need to take a decision now to decide how many players to keep, because we have more than 25. For me, too many players. My idea is 25. No more than 25. We need to decide now, after our tour in America, and start to work here and decide our squad for the future."
Tottenham Hotspur don't need to sell or loan many players to comply with the Premier League's 25-man squad limit, as a number of the players in the first team qualify as Under-21, but that's not what Pochettino's talking about here. If Spurs have 28 or 29 players in the squad, there's simply not going to be enough playing time to go around, even with four competitions. If Spurs trim the number of players in the squad by five or so, there are still going to be quite a few players who almost never play.

Additionally, Spurs are pretty clearly trying to bring in Mateo Musacchio, Morgan Schneiderlin and a winger. If that happens and Pochettino's serious about this squad size business, something like eight players need to be sold or loaned out.

There's a lot of business left to be done for Spurs, and most of it is going to be departures.

Who do you reckon for out goings, I am hoping for something like this:

Permanent:

Dawson
Khumalo
Ekotto
Carroll
Paulinho
mason
Chadli (If we sign Depay or similar)
Obika
Lancaster

Loans:

Fyrers
Fredericks
Ceballos

Who do you reckon for out goings, I am hoping for something like this:

Permanent:

Dawson
Khumalo
Ekotto
Carroll
Paulinho
mason
Chadli (If we sign Depay or similar)
Obika
Lancaster

Loans:

Fyrers
Fredericks
Ceballos

Not sure about Mason, looked good in pre-season but yeh our squad is huge we need to sell and raise cash, for me it's about transfer targets. I would love us to get Bony, Schniederlin and Depay but that would cost say £60 million.

If we sell the below I believe we should get £50 to £70 million lets just say very rough figures. I definiatly think our squad has to much quantity and if we sell alot of players that are not required we can buy 2-3 players of exceptional quality. Poch has already said he wants to sell some players so I guess it's up to Levy now to trim the squad.

Sandro £15 mil (if Sneiderlin comes)
Dawson £4 mil
Khumalo £2 mil
Ekotto £4 mil
Carroll £5 mil
Paulinho £20 mil
Chadli £10 mil (if Depay comes)
Obika £4 mil
Lancaster £2 mil
Soldado £13 mil (if Bony comes and he wants to go)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom