Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that his discontent is likely fuelled by the fact they've so!d and let go a large amount of players - he's not just kicking up a fuss, they're treating him differently
To me, it's still unprofessional. Just because everyone was doing it, does not make it correct.

where did I say its not unprofessional?

it was in context to why its less likely h would do it to another club
I didn't mean that to be construed as putting words into your mouth. To me, as I said, it is unprofessional from any player/employee. We just so happen to on the positive end for once.

Do not like the the amount of power players have today, but that's just the way it is. However, (slightly bias) but I think Soton's treatment/expectation of (a top EPL player) Schniederlin. Is a little unfair to say the least. They willingly decimate their squad. Intimating that mid-table EPL accomplishment is acceptable. Then expect a player
of the class of MS, should stay to achieve that after 6 loyal years of service.

Do not like the the amount of power players have today, but that's just the way it is. However, (slightly bias) but I think Soton's treatment/expectation of (a top EPL player) Schniederlin. Is a little unfair to say the least. They willingly decimate their squad. Intimating that mid-table EPL accomplishment is acceptable. Then expect a player
of the class of MS, should stay to achieve that after 6 loyal years of service.

Inclined to agree but I was just thinking, were all the other sales more value to them, on balance, than losing MS for the money they would have got for him? I mean years of service is fairness to the player but 30 mill for Shaw is value for the club. 25 for Lallana as well. Lambert getting old etc. more likely though it's just been a bodge, not planned, and then they have to be seen to take a stand somewhere. We'd crucify Levy after all

I didn't mean that to be construed as putting words into your mouth. To me, as I said, it is unprofessional from any player/employee. We just so happen to on the positive end for once.
i don't understand what you're disagreeing with then?

That Scheißerlin seems to be a right asshole. And i'm not sure that he's better than what we already have.
He said promises were made that Southampton would let him go this summer, which they've now gone back on. Sure he gets paid well enough, but imagine your employers refusing to let you leave for a better opportunity after working there for 6 years and seeing your team decimated in 1 summer. I would say that he's been treated pretty badly.

I just read somewhere and then realized that we pretty much signed a whole new defense this window:

Vorm
Yedlin - Dier - Musacchio (hopefully) - Davies
Couple that with our defensive contract extensions too (Lloris, Rose, and probably Verts) ... makes it all good stuff!

Express: Tottenham hoping to snap up 'new Thierry Henry' for £15.8m
Dubbed the 'new Thierry Henry', Martial is known for his devastating pace and clinical finishing.

Spurs are currently in the process of a major overhaul although they haven't been able to bolster their attacking line up. Martial is set to move on with the 18-year-old finding first team chances at Monaco limited.

Wolfsburg were also tracking the youngster, but reports in France indicate Spurs have tabled a £15.8m bid and they are hopeful of luring him to White Hart Lane.

It is believed Martial is concerned that his career is stalling at Monaco.And with Tottenham building a young squad, it could be the perfect stepping stone for his career.

I don't know much about him, except that FIFA and Football Manager immensely rates his potential.
But isn't that too much money? Or is he really that good? Also why would Monaco sell him?

#LazyJournalismIMO

He said promises were made that Southampton would let him go this summer, which they've now gone back on. Sure he gets paid well enough, but imagine your employers refusing to let you leave for a better opportunity after working there for 6 years and seeing your team decimated in 1 summer. I would say that he's been treated pretty badly.
When regarding personal career development, MS might/should fear that next summer his reputation will not be so high due to possible relatively low success of Southampton. Basically he wants to leave as the time is right (now). The fact is that modern player playing at mid table team give their best during a season in order to sign for a better team. MS had a relatively great team supporting him in Southampton and now when the fruit is ripe the team disappears but MS is left feeling insecure of his future. I'd be rather pissed off too.

Yes, I'm biased but ... talk about being a bit hypocritical - selling all those other players and now talking about honoring a contract.

:pochserious2: #FreeMorgan #PrayForSchneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom