Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Schneiderlin has a relegation release clause in his contract. If the Saints continue to play hardball and try to keep him for the season but find themselves in the relegation mix, it could get interesting.

3671.jpg

I would cry if slimy ole 'arry signs Townsend
Hope he does .. Overrated over hyped English nonsense cos rest of team have no penetration .. He is a headless chicken who is greedy and Defoe esque anywhere near the peno area ... Can't cross that good and world class at going down blind allies..I'd sell and whip hand off them at ten mill ... U just have to listen to him during summer and whenever he is interviewed .. It's all about him and what he can do and not team .. Get a proper lad in , team player / winger who actually chips in with a few and adds to teams effectiveness ...

Looks like this has the potential to be worse than Modric's holdout.

Southampton are in a situation they can't win, as we know only too well. What's the ramifications for Schneiderlin? What is the maximum fine that can be levied without the PFA kicking off? Two weeks? They aren't going to make him train with the reserves, they aren't going to continually fine him and they can't force him to play. Making him stay a year, unhappy and demotivated will not guarantee a large fee for him next year.

As much as it isn't nice to see with player power, they have everything to lose. Better off taking the money. Krueger's quotes from the other day about the player ultimately determining the price in a transfer are equally laughable. You can't win. Take the money.

The question is, how do we feel about the shoe being on the other foot for a change? And do we want a player who is likely to do the same to us in a few years?

Southampton are in a situation they can't win, as we know only too well. What's the ramifications for Schneiderlin? What is the maximum fine that can be levied without the PFA kicking off? Two weeks? They aren't going to make him train with the reserves, they aren't going to continually fine him and they can't force him to play. Making him stay a year, unhappy and demotivated will not guarantee a large fee for him next year.

As much as it isn't nice to see with player power, they have everything to lose. Better off taking the money. Krueger's quotes from the other day about the player ultimately determining the price in a transfer are equally laughable. You can't win. Take the money.

The question is, how do we feel about the shoe being on the other foot for a change? And do we want a player who is likely to do the same to us in a few years?
Wouldn't imagine Schneiderlin leaving us that way(if we manage to sign him). We are definitely a better side, and I believe that in a couple of years, we'll be a stable top 4 team. Don't know if Poch is sacked tho.

Passing wise deffo Eriksen, but shooting/shot power not even close imo.
Townsend literally has no issue with using his weak foot even when his strong foot could be used.

Fuck, I can use my left as good as my right and I have no end product, most of my shots end up in row Z too.

Maybe I could get a game.

Tomorrow's headlines in the daily Fail.

Bruceben issues "come and get me" plea to Spurs"

Remember that his discontent is likely fuelled by the fact they've so!d and let go a large amount of players - he's not just kicking up a fuss, they're treating him differently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom