SUMMER 2013 TRANSFER & ITK THREAD: Warning - may contain lies and false hope

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
[itk="30th May 2013, out, Rebrab, Tom Carroll, rumour, 7, itk"]
Carroll loan offers are flying in. None accepted yet. We haven't been touting him out for a loan, not yet at least.
[/itk]

[itk="31st May 2013, in, Rebrab, Andreas Cornelius, rumour, 7, itk"]
We have interest in a young Danish forward that I've never heard of, plays for Copenhagen. From the sounds of it, he will probably stay there or go to a club where he's more likely to get immediate game time, but rest assured our scouting system is in full flow looking for the next young striking talents.

Quick google says Andreas Cornelius. No idea who he is, but I didnt know who Michu or Benteke were either so...
[/itk]

[itk="1st June 2013, in, The Goat, Naming Rights, rumour, 5, itk"]
The Goat hears that very recent meetings have taken place regarding the new stadium during which the possibility of a 'Song Gang' getting involved in the naming rights was discussed.
[/itk]

[itk="1st june 2013, in, the Journalist, Various, rumour, 5, itk"]
From what I have been told regarding Tottenham’s transfers is that will bring in two established players and up to 4 "quality"unknowns/youths. "They know they can’t compete” and they are going all around the world to get them.
One of the established players is David Villa.
Regarding the other less knowns;
One, as I mentioned earlier in the week, is Emre Can from Bayern.
Another is a Brazilian player; not Leandro.
They are also speaking to Sporting Lisbon.

Regarding departures Tottenham have had enquiries for numerous players. Dawson; Livermore; Townsend; Defoe and Siguardsson and Adebayor has options that his agent knows about.
[/itk]

[itk=2nd June 2013, in, Rebrab, Various, rumour, 6, itk"]On the Journalist's last ITK post (above)
I don't know a lot about the journos info, but if by the four "unknown/youths" he means they won't go straight into the playing squad, he is ill-informed. If he means players like Bernard, he may be correct. Definitely more than 2 straight into the playing squad this summer.
[/itk]

[itk="3rd June 2013, in, The Goat, Various, rumour, 5, itk"]
Bale will not be sold this Summer under any circumstances and hasn't been agitating to leave. His young baby is a factor in this.

Huddlestone, Livermore and possibly Parker (if we get a good offer) are expected to depart, leaving Sandro as the only remaining defensive midfielder.
Rose and Townsend will be in the first team squad next season.

He doesn't think anyone will be interested in buying Adebayor because of his wages.

Levy is a nightmare to do business with (surprise) and his habit of dragging deals out to the last minute aggravates the other directors as well as the fans. I didn't get the impression that he expects this to change.

The decision to remove Redknapp was motivated by a wide variety of factors, not just last season's slump in form. Quite a lot of it had to do with the club rule on public statements that "everything goes through Donna [Cullen]", a rule that Harry was obviously unable to follow whenever he was confronted with a microphone and a reporter.

We are still trying to sign Damiao and also Paulinho
[/itk]

[itk="2nd June 2013, in, GrahamRoberts, Baldini, rumour, 8, itk"]
Apparently he is ready to come, but has time left on his contract and Roma are being awkward.

Sounds like something wil be worked out.

From a very good source.
[/itk]

yizrrub.png

Having done at least one minutes worth of research, it seems that Sky Sports Italia were the first to break the Baldini story (if it happens) on 11th May... with UK newspapers and websites then reporting 'Italian sources' shortly after.

I don't recall any ITK commenting anything about Baldini before this... or even after (correct me if I'm wrong)

If press are to be believed we/AVB wanted Baldini last Summer, but he turned us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom