SUMMER 2013 TRANSFER & ITK THREAD: Warning - may contain lies and false hope

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
[itk="21st May 2013, in, Jasper, AVB, rumour, 7, itk"]
Discussing option on his contract which would effectively mean old contract (2 years left) cancelled and a new 3/4 year contract signed.
[/itk]

[itk="22 May 2013, in, WPD659, Various, rumour, 6, itk"]
from what i heard Avb wants 1 mayb 2 early (not probably gona happen unless levy wants it) but there will always be levys transfer deadline day. Been told 4 in total AVB wants but dont expect it if we cant offload.
[/itk]

[itk="21st May 2013, in, Bathyid, Bale, rumour, 7, itk"]
Have just heard from a contact very close to Bale that he has indeed signed that new contract. I can assure you this is as good a source as it could come from if it was from the man himself.
[/itk]

tt8Mtft.png

[itk="22nd May 2013, in, Roger Morgan, Leandro Damiao, rumour, 6, itk"]
The president of Internacional will be in London for Champions League final and while he is here will be talking with our club about Damiao. I know no more.
[/itk]

[itk="25th May 2013, out, Ryantegan, Livermore, rumour, 6, itk"]
Palace have enquired about Jake Livermore
Livermore is available for permanent transfer. Palace showing firm interest. Norwich and villa have enquired as well
[/itk]

[itk="25th May 2013, in, Storts, Bale, rumour, 7, itk"]
Was giving the thumbs up to the info, haven't heard that he's a signed a new deal yet, I suspect he will soon though, but 100% not going anywhere. Hope it does sign a deal/we get an announcement soon though, just so people can stop talking about him going, but there is no chance of it. Bale will be a Spurs player next season
Actually spoke to Sherwood earlier today too, who said the same thing.
[/itk]

[itk="25th May 2013, in, Grey Fox, General, rumour, 7, itk"]
Was not going to post anything, due to some of the numpties on here, but had a long conversation with my contact at a Charity event yesterday so this is for those that are genuine supporters. Some of this is just confirmation of what others have said

Firstly Bale going no where this season and they are just sorting out some clauses. The deal expected less than £130K per week certainly not £200K reported last week by the Daily Mail! Some special sponsorship clauses as part of the deal.
We are looking to bring in three or possibly four quality signings, 3 are experienced 1 a younger player. I have names off a reasonably short list, but not putting them out here. 1 Striker, 1 wide man and a central midfielder, plus a possible defender, but not a priority and would depend on sales. Bentake is not on the list.

A number will be sold with AVB looking at two quality players per position with a couple of utility players. He sees Holtby as one of those. A meeting took place with the committee this week plus Joe lewis and a "war chest" was agreed, which does include some wage increases i.e. Bale. This was obviously less because of non qualification for CL, but there is a recognition that other top teams will spend big, and although the club will be looking at good value the pot will be substantial especially if the sales can be concluded early enough and there is a recognition that we will have to soend just to keep competitive with the other top 4 or 5.

Reading between the lines I expect to have two top signings before June is out and Leandro will be finished either way by then. I am excited about what I heard, just hope what AVB is trying to do comes off.
[/itk]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom