Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
DuuI5ClWwAAQiaW.jpg

Strong first team (perhaps a surprise in Rayan Clarke), lots of surprises on the bench, including the return after injury of Shilow Tracey.

TJ Eyoma not included, presumably with first team squad for tomorrow's game, And no Georgiou ?

Last edited:
Interesting update from Carl who has been on the youth pods with me on the Academy intake for next year:

Bold = Been offered or signed scholars from what I've heard, Italics = players I'd expect to be released

Isak Middtun Solberg (GK)
Timothee Lo'Totula (GK)
Tobi Oluwayemi* (GK)
Kallum Cesay (RB/CB)
Dermi Lusala (RB/CB/DM)
Jeremy Kyezu (LB)
Michael Craig (CB/DM)
Matthew Craig (CM/AM)
Albert Rachi (CM)
Nile John (W/AM)
Eddie Carrington-Alberdi(FW)
Max Robson(AM)
Kymani Thomas** (FW)
Tarrell Whittaker (S)

That's 14. I can't imagine us having that big an age group. Plus there's players like Mundle who have been around for ages and I imagine are liked so wouldn't be surprised to see him stay. Muir is a big surprise for me imo as I still think he looks solid.

*Confusing one. I've been told Lo'Totula has signed up, we have apparently signed a Norwegian keeper, yet Oluwayemi has been called up to England in the past and also recently. Heard he had regressed a bit but the recent call-up suggests he might still be rated. But can't imagine we'd have 3 keepers so who knows.

**Think this is a kid we've signed, who looks a good forward. Can't find much about him at the moment in terms of style of player or where he came from.

With Pedder, still needing games next year I and with what we have the year below, I'd be surprised if we signed up Eddie, who like Aird-Munn looks handy but I've never been blown away by compared to other youngsters I've seen.

Last edited:
Interesting update from Carl who has been on the youth pods with me on the Academy intake for next year:

Italics =These are all the players I'd expect to be here,whether it be due to talent or necessity.
Bold = Been offered or signed scholars from what I've heard, Italics = players I'd expect to be released

Isak Middtun Solberg (GK)
Timothee Lo'Totula (GK)
Tobi Oluwayemi* (GK)
Kallum Cesay (RB/CB)
Dermi Lusala (RB/CB/DM)
Jeremy Kyezu (LB)
Michael Craig (CB/DM)
Matthew Craig (CM/AM)
Albert Rachi (CM)
Nile John (W/AM)
Eddie Carrington-Alberdi(FW)
Max Robson(AM)
Kymani Thomas** (FW)
Tarrell Whittaker (S)

That's 14. I can't imagine us having that big an age group. Plus there's players like Mundle who have been around for ages and I imagine are liked so wouldn't be surprised to see him stay. Muir is a big surprise for me imo as I still think he looks solid.

*Confusing one. I've been told Lo'Totula has signed up, we have apparently signed a Norwegian keeper, yet Oluwayemi has been called up to England in the past and also recently. Heard he had regressed a bit but the recent call-up suggests he might still be rated. But can't imagine we'd have 3 keepers so who knows.

**Think this is a kid we've signed, who looks a good forward. Can't find much about him at the moment in terms of style of player or where he came from.

With Pedder, still needing games next year I and with what we have the year below, I'd be surprised if we signed up Eddie, who like Aird-Munn looks handy but I've never been blown away by compared to other youngsters I've seen.

Thanks for posting. I'm a bit confused as there are 2 seemingly contradictory definitions on what 'italics' mean, but I assume the list is of the most likely Academy Year 1 intake next year, so am ignoring the definition.

Where is Ben Watts (CB) who is being called into E u16 training camps ? Has he been poached by another club. Same questions about Marques Muir (comment above is that him not being included is a surprise) who played in the Ipswich showpiece game in May for Spurs. And Sashom Aird Munn, another who played in the Ipswich game,

All three players were supposed to be three of our standout players in that age group, particularly Watt and Muir. So am surprised we have lost all 3

I've heard of all but Kymani Thomas - the name seems to be common in Bermuda from internet searches. We played a tournament in the west indies (or maybe Cayman Islands) with some u14's (I think) a few years ago, maybe we found him out there ?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I'm a bit confused as there are 2 seemingly contradictory definitions on what 'italics' mean, but I assume the list is of the most likely Academy Year 1 intake next year, so am ignoring the definition.

Where is Ben Watts (CB) who is being called into E u16 training camps ? Has he been poached by another club. Same questions about Marques Muir (comment above is that him not being included is a surprise) who played in the Ipswich showpiece game in May for Spurs. And Sashom Aird Munn, another who played in the Ipswich game,

All three players were supposed to be three of our standout players in that age group, particularly Watt and Muir. So am surprised we have lost all 3

I've heard of all but Kymani Thomas - the name seems to be common in Bermuda from internet searches. We played a tournament in the west indies (or maybe Cayman Islands) with some u14's (I think) a few years ago, maybe we found him out there ?
Apparently Muir is not being offered a scholarship.

Thanks. Quite a surprise ?

Any idea on Ben Watt who seems to have been in E u15 and E u16 squads ?
Apparently Muir hasn't progressed as expected.

Watt is a CB. No news on him yet but it would be weird to let an England U16 leave - unless he's been offered a more attractive deal from elsewhere?

Apparently Muir hasn't progressed as expected.

Watt is a CB. No news on him yet but it would be weird to let an England U16 leave - unless he's been offered a more attractive deal from elsewhere?

Agree with Watts, that's why I was questioning the list. Always tricky to put the list together as usually there are a small number (maybe 4 or 5) who are real 'no brainers' (and I'd have thought Watt plus the Craig twins, Robson and Lusala were possibly those) with then a longer list of very decent options to make up the squad size.

The Academy Year 2 squad has 14 players, which must be close to the maximum we can have under the PL rules, but Year 1 has only 10 players in but IIMO has probably as many 'no brainers' (Parrott, Bennett, White and possibly both CB's) as Year 2 ? So I'd guess next tears intake will probably be closer to the 10 than the 14, unless of course we have more exceptional kids than usual !

So WindyCOYS WindyCOYS must be nice to see Skipp coming into the side, do you see him like Winks as a future regular of Tottenham and England?

Also why do you think Onomah and Edwards have struggled so much in relation to the likes of Winks, Walker-Peters and Skipp as they seem to have been considered the better players at youth level or at least as good?

Any other tips on future players to look out for?

Last edited:
Tottenham Hotspur‏Verified account @SpursOfficial
FULL-TIME - After going 2-1 down, sub Clarke secured a point for our unbeaten U18s in the 78th minute to ensure progress to the quarter-finals of the U18 Premier League Cup. Report on website soon. #COYS #Boro 2-2 #THFC

U-16 also draw 1-1.

Kurylowicz, Tainio, Okedina, Binks, Cirkin, White, Pochettino, Markanday, Thorpe, Cooper Richards.
Subs : Oluwayemi. Statham, Maghoma. Clarke

First start for our Polish GK, Wells rotating the squad to rest the likes of Parrott. Good to see Thorpe getting his first assist in a rare start with Richards scoring again in the first half.

I watched a decent performance from Onomah earlier, and I've just seen a tasty little cameo from Edwards too.

Onomah thread:

Can you give us a quick synopsis of the Edwards performance?

In the Onomah thread I wrote a long winded post about Onomah. To paraphrase, I just don't think lower league shitkicker football will ever see the best of him. H's just not that type of player who tears around scrapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom