Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

With these matches in January, Poch will need to rotate the squad, and Tranmere will be an obvious place to start, although too many changes can result in the team playing as if they haven't met each other before the match.

But I'd like to see both Roles and Georgiou get game time against Tranmere so that we have some back up available as AM's (even if only coming on for the last 15 minutes of a match to give a little rest to a player) in the 3 weeks Son will likely be missing (from after ManU game to about 3 February - 1 February is his last possible game in Asia)

Roles goals and assists with a Dele like performance and Georgiou's speed could be very useful.

v Cardiff - Jan 1st
v Tranmere ( FA CUP) - Jan 4th
v Chelsea ( LC) - Jan 8th
v Manu - Jan 13th
v Fulham - Jan 20th
v Chelsea ( LC) - Jan 23rd
v Watford - Jan 30th

Tottenham Hotspur‏Verified account @SpursOfficial 22m22 minutes ago
We have reached agreement with @htafcdotcom for the transfer of Jaden Brown. We wish him all the best for the future.pic.twitter.com/CMVjFh5obG

Dv1KodIXgAE-Pwk.jpg

jb‏Verified account @jadenbrown89
after 9 wonderful years at spurs i’ve decided to leave the club. i’ve met team mates who i can call brothers, gaining unforgettable moments along the way. i will be forever grateful for everyone at the club & all they have done for me & shaping me into the player & person todaypic.twitter.com/5RzEIvaNt3

Dv1BNOMW0AE-prg.jpg

Dv1BNOGXgAYA_dq.jpg

Dv1BNOIX4AAcvrb.jpg

Dv1BNOJXcAIFhPA.jpg

With the departure of Jadon Brown I'd guess Jamie Reynolds (age 19) will be the main contender to play LB for the development squad and Dennis Cirkin (age 16) for u18's

Interesting snipper from Paris Maghoma's dad: Had this pro offer since U15. After clear reassurance about 1st team pathway at highest level he signed few months ago. We didn’t want it to be announced because that’s not important. What’s important is to break into spurs 1st team. So work hard & keep the focus on main prize.

Intrigued by 'reassurance about 1st team pathway'.

Interesting snipper from Paris Maghoma's dad: Had this pro offer since U15. After clear reassurance about 1st team pathway at highest level he signed few months ago. We didn’t want it to be announced because that’s not important. What’s important is to break into spurs 1st team. So work hard & keep the focus on main prize.

So am I. But the fact he signed the pro contract 'a few months ago' may just mean that Poch has said he will use youngsters in some fixtures and pre-season to youngsters who are performing - and as Paris was used in pre-season (Girona game I think), then Poch has delivered and Paris has signed.

Might be as simple as that ?

I happened to be stood near his dad in a few matches that I went to watch , got a lot to say for himself and encourages Paris to shoot at every opportunity even if its not right to do so . He’s not a natural goal scorer and as other lads will catch him in size I think he could begin to struggle . Forcing a team to play you when your not ready can do a Lot of damage to your career . Makes sense why some lads get over taken in the pecking order , sounds like a case of whose agent stirs the pot the most

I happened to be stood near his dad in a few matches that I went to watch , got a lot to say for himself and encourages Paris to shoot at every opportunity even if its not right to do so . He’s not a natural goal scorer and as other lads will catch him in size I think he could begin to struggle . Forcing a team to play you when your not ready can do a Lot of damage to your career . Makes sense why some lads get over taken in the pecking order , sounds like a case of whose agent stirs the pot the most

Strangely, Mr Maghoma is currently making some rather bizarre claims about me on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom