Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of those players are pretty average though.

Lesniak, Walkes, Harrison, Sterling will all be lucky to play Championship football in their careers. Then you have Amos, Oakley-Boothe, Georgiou, Carter-Vickers who simply won't make it here and will probably play Championship football in future and make a good career out of it.

The next lot of academy prospects seems to the best we've had since the Townsend, Kane, Mason days so I have no doubt they will get more chances.

Would be interested to see how that compares to other teams in the Premier League though....

I don't disagree on most of your comments. The strange thing is that Poch did not give playing time to some of our better prospects - perhaps the best example being Milos Veljkovic now a fixture at Werder Bremen and played in WC for Serbia equally at home playing as either a DM or CB (and we could certainly do with him atm) - whilst giving token minutes to others.

But looking forward, the next wave of academy prospects coming through seem to be of a higher standard than we've had for a few years, so I'd hope a number of them get a try out, and we still have a group of around 19 year who I haven't given up on, including Eyoma (on bench yesterday) and his CB partner Tangana, GK's Whiteman and Austin and our Dele lookalike (in playing style) Roles.

G4-qJx2D_bigger.jpg
Reo griffiths‏ @ReoGriffiths11
Happy to score my first hat trick for @OL #cupgame #3shots #3goals

Definitely back from injury !

Think we will see some youth players in the squad in the week.

Who do we reckon? Skipp, Eyoma, Marsh perhaps.

Think we will see some youth players in the squad in the week.

Who do we reckon? Skipp, Eyoma, Marsh perhaps.

Its clear that Poch needs to get to a level of trust before he plays youngsters so all 3 of those played a fair amount in ore-season so are most likely - besides which Eyoma was on the bench v Burnley and Marsh 19th man v Barcelona.

Next most likely who might get a shot might include Oakley-Boothe (played in all 2017 preseason games after starring in WC u17, injured quite a lot since, seems to have played himself back into some form in last couple of youth games) CM, Jamie Bowden (played a bit in preseason 2018, been playing well this season) DM and Japhet Tanganga (played a bit in preseason 2018, spent most of pre-season playing E u19) CB/LB,

I don't see Poch calling for AM's or strikers (unless we have an injury crisis there), and think he will stick with those who went on pre-season as he knows them most and played with some of the first team. Otherwise outside chance of Anthony Georgiou who Poch liked well enough to play him for a few minutes but against a Cypriot side (AG is Cypriot u21) - he plays as a winger

Edit - Paris Maghoma also played a few minutes in preseason 2018, has been playing AM mostly this season but also plays as a CM. .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom