Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only caught the last 15mins of the half but we have fashioned the best chances in that period, Barca only one clear-cut opportunity. We are causing them problems in midfield, we're good without the ball and have nicked the ball or forced them into errors a few times, let down by the final ball/decision.

What an excellent result. In their own backyard and to qualify for the next round too.

What I'd give for the same to happen tonight. COYS

Such an enjoyable team to watch. Thoroughly deserved to win this, best chances in both halves (missed the 1st 20mins). A very balanced team from front to back and wing to wing. Plenty of skill on show, mixed with aggression, organisation and hard work.
First time I've seen Cerkin who impressed.
Maghoma - Great feet
Oakley-Booth - Great first touch but was fouled every single time he was on the ball, clearly tactical but not picked up by ref (who urked me).
Parrott - Should have scored another in the 2nd half but I have yet to see a poor performance from him, really like him.
Harvey White - First time I've seen him very disciplined and a couple of nice step up's from the back
Roles - Didn't do much on the ball today (apart from creating the final goal) but he worked his socks off, very sharp into the press and relentless, one of the man reasons Barca didn't fashion many opportunities.
Bowden - Got caught on the ball in a dangerous area in the 2nd half but was very solid, wonderful bit of skill to flick the ball over a pressing Barca player.
Markandy - Very tidy player, great feet and plays at a high tempo but frustrating at times, does all the hard work then surrendered possession quite easily.
Austin - Great feet, passed the ball so well both long and short, often first time.
Eyoma - Brick wall

Last edited:
Such an enjoyable team to watch. Thougheroly deserved to win this, best chances in both halves (missed the 1st 20mins). A very balanced team from front to back and wing to wing. Plenty of skill on show, mixed with aggression, organisation and hard work.
Maghoma - Great feet
Oakley-Booth - Great first touch but was fowled every single time he was on the ball, clearly tactical but not picked up by ref (who urked me).
Parrott - Should have scored another in the 2nd half but I have yet to see a poor performance from him, really like him.
Harvey White - First time I've seen him very disciplined and a couple of nice step up's from the back
Roles - Didn't do much on the ball today (apart from creating the final goal) but he worked his socks off, very sharp into the press and relentless, one of the man reasons Barca didn't fashion many opportunities.
Bowden - Got caught on the ball in a dangerous area in the 2nd half but was very solid, wonderful bit of skill to flick the ball over a pressing Barca player.
Markandy - Very tidy player, great feet and plays at a high tempo but frustrating at times, does all the hard work then surrendered possession quite easily.
Austin - Great feet, passed the ball so well both long and short, often first time.
Eyoma - Brick wall
Thanks for this!
I only saw the last twenty minutes which was mostly backs to the wall stuff. By that point there were a lot of tired players, TOB looked hopeless in the bits I saw (struggling to even keep up with play and some poor passes) but it sounds like he was brilliant at times so hopefully he was just flagging.

We've got some major, major talent in this group and below.

Thanks for this!
I only saw the last twenty minutes which was mostly backs to the wall stuff. By that point there were a lot of tired players, TOB looked hopeless in the bits I saw (struggling to even keep up with play and some poor passes) but it sounds like he was brilliant at times so hopefully he was just flagging.

We've got some major, major talent in this group and below.
Yeah think he was flagging, Maghoma hit a brick wall about 5mins before he came off. TOB just wasn't allowed to play and I think he just chose to take the foul (they were on him in the first half too).

Played the ball around the back very nicely at times. Towards the end Barcelona were pressing in such numbers I thought we missed a trick by not playing over or through them to further up the pitch where we would probably be outnumbering them.

Thought the ref was pathetic. They were fouling every time they got within range of any player in possession.

Anyway, great stuff. Looking forward to see them at H Way again.

Such an enjoyable team to watch. Thoroughly deserved to win this, best chances in both halves (missed the 1st 20mins). A very balanced team from front to back and wing to wing. Plenty of skill on show, mixed with aggression, organisation and hard work.
Maghoma - Great feet
Oakley-Booth - Great first touch but was fouled every single time he was on the ball, clearly tactical but not picked up by ref (who urked me).
Eyoma - Brick wall

Think you missed out Hinds (RB) who I think got down the right, centred to Markanday who passed to Parrott who scored.

And Richards who was in place to tap home the ball. Possibly his only touch of the ball after coming on after 90 minutes, but a pretty important touch ! (though to be fair Roles did all the hard work fir the goal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom