Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you missed out Hinds (RB) who I think got down the right, centred to Markanday who passed to Parrott who scored.

And Richards who was in place to tap home the ball. Possibly his only touch of the ball after coming on after 90 minutes, but a pretty important touch ! (though to be fair Roles did all the hard work fir the goal)
I really like Hinds but have to say nothing I saw today stood out either as great or poor, doesn't mean he played poorly, I missed the first 20mins, so missed the first goal. I've heard that we also played well in that period too with more chances created.

Thanks for this!
I only saw the last twenty minutes which was mostly backs to the wall stuff. By that point there were a lot of tired players, TOB looked hopeless in the bits I saw (struggling to even keep up with play and some poor passes) but it sounds like he was brilliant at times so hopefully he was just flagging.

We've got some major, major talent in this group and below.
best game for TOB post all the injuries he's gone through, very confident in how he recieved the ball and ran at Barca, with a couple lovely feints.

Most impressive to me were the defensive triangle of Bowden, Eyoma and White. Defensively stout stopping Barca in their tracks and very composed on the ball give us a great platform to build attacks off of.

Such an enjoyable team to watch. Thoroughly deserved to win this, best chances in both halves (missed the 1st 20mins). A very balanced team from front to back and wing to wing. Plenty of skill on show, mixed with aggression, organisation and hard work.
First time I've seen Cerkin who impressed.
Maghoma - Great feet
Oakley-Booth - Great first touch but was fouled every single time he was on the ball, clearly tactical but not picked up by ref (who urked me).
Parrott - Should have scored another in the 2nd half but I have yet to see a poor performance from him, really like him.
Harvey White - First time I've seen him very disciplined and a couple of nice step up's from the back
Roles - Didn't do much on the ball today (apart from creating the final goal) but he worked his socks off, very sharp into the press and relentless, one of the man reasons Barca didn't fashion many opportunities.
Bowden - Got caught on the ball in a dangerous area in the 2nd half but was very solid, wonderful bit of skill to flick the ball over a pressing Barca player.
Markandy - Very tidy player, great feet and plays at a high tempo but frustrating at times, does all the hard work then surrendered possession quite easily.
Austin - Great feet, passed the ball so well both long and short, often first time.
Eyoma - Brick wall
Completely agree on markanday , such a frustrating player , gets on the ball well, but his decision making is so poor

Possible opponents in the play-off of the UEFA Youth League:

- Monaco
- PSG
- Lokomotiv Moscow
- Juventus
- Hoffenheim/Lyon
- Dynamo Kiev
- Midjyttland
- Montpellier
- PAOK
- Hertha Berlin
- Dinamo Zagreb
- Sigma Olomouc

Draw is made on Monday

Possible opponents in the play-off of the UEFA Youth League:

- Monaco
- PSG
- Lokomotiv Moscow
- Juventus
- Hoffenheim/Lyon
- Dynamo Kiev
- Midjyttland
- Montpellier
- PAOK
- Hertha Berlin
- Dinamo Zagreb
- Sigma Olomouc

Draw is made on Monday

Ex-Spurs striker Reo Griffiths was Lyon hero today, scoring a 94th minute equaliser vs Shakhtar in the Champions Youth League. Think that takes them through in 2nd place at the expense of Man City !

Lilywhite Rose‏ @lilywhite_rose
Congratulations to our u23's who also won beating Manchester City away 2-1 with a @ksterling_98 brace at the Etihad Campus.
DueQ5f9XgAAKm7z.jpg

Sounds like Sterling is really back from injury with his 2nd and 3rd goals of the season !

Josh Onomah got a rare start for Sheffield Wednesday today but was subbed off at half time.

Going by the Sheff Wednesday fans on Twitter, they think he must be injured because he was apparently having a decent first half.

From WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

Pochettino's 13 Academy debutants & the total minutes each has since had for Spurs:
Skipp: 84
KWP: 608
Amos: 2
Oakley-Boothe: 0 (added time sub)
Sterling: 2
Georgiou: 6
Carter-Vickers: 360
Walkes: 10
Harrison: 7
Edwards: 15
Lesniak: 4
Onomah: 807
Winks 3,998

So many of these have only token minutes - and I'm pretty sure that when Lesniak and Walkes made their appearance it was already known that they would be leaving only a short time after their debuts so more a 'thank you and good luck at your next club' gesture.

Of that list only Winks, KWP and Skipp currently look reasonably certain to stay and 'make it' as first team regulars, although I haven't given up on a number of the others.

The list obviously excludes youngsters who were bought like Dele and Foyth who Poch has certainly developed, and indeed the likes of Kane and Mason who had some playing time before Poch arrived.

Being slightly tough on Poch, maybe an 'end of term report' would be 'could do more' to bring through some academy youngsters , particularly given England youth have in the last couple of years won age group world cups (with the likes of KWP and TOB being major players in these sides). Worth mentioning that many overseas managers are now very keen on England youngsters - the likes of Patrick Viera who was ManCity's u18's boss for a few years, knows PL from his time at Woolwich and is now manager of a French side has declared that PL academies are now producing some of the best youngsters in the world, and evidenced by the likes of Jadon Sancho scoring and making assists for fun at Dortmund when he could not get a squad place at ManCity.

A lot of those players are pretty average though.

Lesniak, Walkes, Harrison, Sterling will all be lucky to play Championship football in their careers. Then you have Amos, Oakley-Boothe, Georgiou, Carter-Vickers who simply won't make it here and will probably play Championship football in future and make a good career out of it.

The next lot of academy prospects seems to the best we've had since the Townsend, Kane, Mason days so I have no doubt they will get more chances.

Would be interested to see how that compares to other teams in the Premier League though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom