Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't have any complaints about the tackle. Excessive force, they say. It's a thing now, so I can see why it's a red. He got the ball though, so in the olden days, that's a brilliant tackle and good aggression.
That excessive force was inevitable with a defender clearing the ball in his box under pressure though, right? Its really just a lot of force from kicking the ball hard. VAR ignores all context and slows it down to focus on the player contact instead. It’s madness imo.

That excessive force was inevitable with a defender clearing the ball in his box under pressure though, right? Its really just a lot of force from kicking the ball hard. VAR ignores all context and slows it down to focus on the player contact instead. It’s madness imo.
It's not easy being a defender these days. And don't get me started on them having to constantly think about crazy handballs and defend with their arms behind their backs...

Liverpool didn't lose three of their strongest back four though. And if they did, we'd have fucking destroyed them

If we lost Sarr to a red card (Jones) and then Hojbjerg came on and got sent off (Jota), we'd probably have fared better with our strongest defence and Van de Ven mopping up.

Plus, Liverpool still lost.

I'd have been alot more annoyed if we'd sat back, soaked up all the pressure, invited Chelsea on us and they scored a winner in the 96th minute like we did against Liverpool instead of what we saw tbh.

All valid and entirely true. But even they, with their strongest defence elected to drop deep and play on the break. You could argue their defence was more than good enough to carry on with a high line like we did and still get something. But they went deep and compact and until absurdly late on, they held us off and actually had a few chances from corners. They didn't need their keeper to pull off 5 or 6 miracles.

Yesterday is a pass. But given how many more reds are going around this season (we've had 3 in 11 games and not just us) this is gonna happen more. And it feels like refs have it in for us, which leads me to my next quote.....

I suppose the ONLY positive is how we've conducted ourselves in DEFEAT...

Liverpool and ArseAnal pretty much cried to teacher and petulantly DEMANDED a rewriting of both the rulebook, and history... Whilst moaning endlessly about the unfairness of it all, like the spoilt little illegitimate brat cunts they are!

We, on the other hand, cheered our players off the pitch after a 4-1 defeat and our manager conducted himself with dignity post match...

That's gotta be worth a retrospective point or two, surely?

BUT since Liverpool got cheated at our place, they have been getting away with murder and we have barely seen a booking in our favour. That's because Klopp, the fans, the media, everyone drew as much attention to it. Make no mistake, they have been getting an easy ride since.
As we have "conducted ourselves with dignity" I would fully expect this kind of thing to just carry on. This is why those clubs make such a noise in those situations. They shine the light on the referee and VAR to make them behave in the coming game(s)

I was incredibly drunk watching the game last night but did Romero deserve to be sent off?

This explains so much.

As long as everyone gets a red for what Romero did, then fine.

But they don't, do they?

Udogie will only be 1 match as it was 2 yellows. Even a straight red can be 1 game, but I suspect that won't be the case for Romero.

That excessive force was inevitable with a defender clearing the ball in his box under pressure though, right? Its really just a lot of force from kicking the ball hard. VAR ignores all context and slows it down to focus on the player contact instead. It’s ma

That is how I saw it. Honest tackle.
I was convinced it wasn't even a foul initially, the slo-mo and all the commentary added to the hype. Although he's known for being a bit of an aggressive bugger, I think he was unlucky that enzo stood still rather than attempt to win it and Romero's studs hit his shin rather missing either side on the follow through. Could have just as easily been a superb tackle and we were suffering with not clearing our lines at that point. The ball was just bouncing back to them constantly and I think he just wanted to smash it.

Then again, I'm biased :)

Agree.

The PL should start getting refs from abroad, get rid of all the old crowd! Trouble is the game is so corrupt - with all the money involved to think otherwise is just fantasy!
Agree, we should import all the best refs from around the world.

We are supposed to have the best league, need to have the best officials too.

Last edited:

il_570xN.4223800696_5fn9.jpg

Last night was among the best and worst of football for me. The physical manifestations of the emotions I was going through genuinely left me questioning whether this was really worth the all the stress. Of course, that question is rhetorical - once you're in you're in, there's no chance of retreating to the comfort of being oblivious to what it is to be a football supporter. Or more specifically, a Spurs supporter.

The most upsetting part for me is the first 15 minutes confirmed what I've quietly held on to all season, that we had a genuine outside chance of competing for the title this year. We'd just need some luck, but instead that luck evaporated in a single game. But for 15 minutes we really were superb against a Chelsea team that are far better than many here would care to admit.

I guess I'll quietly adjust my expectations for the rest of the year, who knows maybe that makeshift back 4 will do wonders, it's not like this team haven't pulled off something extraordinary already this season

Last edited:
Curtis Jones did. It's a red all day. You can't fly in studs raised these days.

Didn't fly in though and studs weren't raised.

View: https://imgur.com/a/DKv5BCH

That's never a red in a million years.

We accept it because of Curtis Jones but we shouldn't because they are totally different.

Jones went over the ball and weight went into Bissouma'a leg.

Romero is leaning back and kicking up through the ball to clear it up and out.

Hit job. Club should appeal.

Didn't fly in though and studs weren't raised.

View: https://imgur.com/a/DKv5BCH

That's never a red in a million years.

We accept it because of Curtis Jones but we shouldn't because they are totally different.

Jones went over the ball and weight went into Bissouma'a leg.

Romero is leaning back and kicking up through the ball to clear it up and out.

Hit job. Club should appeal.

Can't agree on this one.
Let's be real he was already on a life with the kicking out, I've seen those given as reds. For me he was reckless.
You can't claim it's a hit job when him and Udogie has already been given a life each. Both could have gone in the first instance.
And if you really think it's an agenda against us from officials since the scouse game then surely that's even more reason to not do anything petulant?

Jesus I didn't even know about that, what the fuck happened last night seemed like we were destined that everything that could go wrong with injuries and suspensions and now this. Glad to hear he is ok.

What a freak night, feels like somebody put a curse on us.
I was wondering last night if someone in Poch’s team was practicing voodoo.

Jesus looks a likely candidate for beheading chickens whilst wearing ceremonial robes!

Back
Top Bottom