Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suppose the ONLY positive is how we've conducted ourselves in DEFEAT...

Liverpool and ArseAnal pretty much cried to teacher and petulantly DEMANDED a rewriting of both the rulebook, and history... Whilst moaning endlessly about the unfairness of it all, like the spoilt little illegitimate brat cunts they are!

We, on the other hand, cheered our players off the pitch after a 4-1 defeat and our manager conducted himself with dignity post match...

That's gotta be worth a retrospective point or two, surely?
Ange is making himself more and more likeable with every game. And the pundits love him too. Maybe this psychology will get into the ref's mind with the odd 50/50 in the future... ;-)

What's available probably means we are going to go for it even more and as a 50 year + going to spurs I'm fucking loving it.
Naive imo. There needs to be a balance. We've got ourselves in to a very good position no need to piss it all away playing on the half way line with dier and romero at cb. You can get away with that with vdv at cb not with dier or romero playing the same role.

Any chance for replay?
Looking Around Premier League GIF by Liverpool FC

I think it was tactical naivety to continue to play such a high line with dier and romero as the cb pairing. At 9 men and 1-1 you have to accept how it is and play for the point. Romero is never going to change and at times is an absolute liability. Playing that high line this weekend with dier and Romero or an inexperienced Phillips would be very poor judgement from ange. We need to adjust accordingly with what's available.
Unless he gets his red rescinded, I don't think you'll have to worry about Liability Romero this weekend!!

We've got ourselves in a very good position playing angeball..
It ain't broke ...don't fix it.
It wasn't broke with the starting 11 that was available. 3 starting defenders out next game plus our creative string puller possibly out. Imo would be naive to carry on as normal like last night didn't happen.

There was just NO NEED for last night to play out how it did...

We were 1-0 up after 6 minutes, would've been 2, but for VAR... But we were in TOTAL control!
I could've understood one of the red cards if we were chasing the game, or it was a lost cause, and frustration boiled over...
But we weren't...

We were WINNING, and in control of the situation...

THAT'S what I find hard to comprehend and process...
It was just so unnessessry!

There was just NO NEED for last night to play out how it did...

We were 1-0 up after 6 minutes, would've been 2, but for VAR... But we were in TOTAL control!
I could've understood one of the red cards if we were chasing the game, or it was a lost cause, and frustration boiled over...
But we weren't...

We were WINNING, and in control of the situation...

THAT'S what I find hard to comprehend and process...
It was just so unnessessry!
I think we're all feeling this one. It's difficult to comprehend what happened last night. Don't beat yourself up over it, it will never make sense.

Going to be tough for a while now without the two CBs.
It was going to happen at some point a defeat, but two sendings off, plus an injury, puts us back a bit.
It's quite realistic to, expect point's dropped over the next few weeks.

It wasn't broke with the starting 11 that was available. 3 starting defenders out next game plus our creative string puller possibly out. Imo would be naive to carry on as normal like last night didn't happen.
I dont agree with your opinion..I doubt many do..
We all understand angeball has it's drawbacks but the last 10 games before last night have proven the way to go and I'm fucked if I want to see the dour shite dished up over the last 4 years again.. your almost accepting defeat before we kick off on Saturday.

Something is definitely different. I’ve never experienced an atmosphere like that at Spurs when we’ve been so up against it. It has the be the manager but it just feels weird that everyone is together on the same page. Let’s hope it continues as the next month is going to be hard.
If someone had told me 6 months ago, after a home defeat against Chelsea, that I and 60k ish others would be applauding and singing the players off the pitch. I would have called them stupid and walked away.

Things are different now and as you say everyone is on the same page, from the catering staff at the training ground to the players to the fans.

It's brilliant.

:ange-arms:

I was incredibly drunk watching the game last night but did Romero deserve to be sent off?
I don't have any complaints about the tackle. Excessive force, they say. It's a thing now, so I can see why it's a red. He got the ball though, so in the olden days, that's a brilliant tackle and good aggression.

Back
Top Bottom