Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last night was the OG definition of Spursy by the way

Losing key players to injury in one half, having two key players sent off, 2 disallowed goals - that shit could only happen to us

Still really fucking annoyed. Got about two hours sleep!

We should have beaten them comfortably.
I actually got goosebumps(no not a hard-on)

And well deserved, the players left on the field were warriors!!

Us almost scoring with 9 men,says a lot about us, AND Chelski! They are not good!
It's that classic thing we kid ourselves with .. NOW is a good time to play them, they're awful at the moment... We've said it countless times against them, the Arse, Man Utd, Liverpool, and SO often been proved wrong...
They ALL turn up for Tottenham... Doesn't matter where either of us are in the table.... Chelsea fucking DESPISE us, as do half the Premier League!

Do you think we'd have been given the 'free ride' to the titie like Leiectser were? Not a bit of it...
Everyone (bar us) wanted them to win... Everyone (bar us again) wanted to beat US!

It's like driving the WRONG way up a motorway, when everyone is going in the opposite direction...

Had it happen twice in my life: once, the day after my Mum died, England won the Rugby World Cup, and it felt like I was the only person NOT celebrating...

...and getting engaged the day before the night Diana died... When it felt like I was the only one of two celebrating!

It's a weird feeling, I'll tell you that
Like a fever dream, but real!

I'm on the fence about that.
Liverpool went in deep and we barely laid a glove on them for half an hour.
I hate to keep saying this, but that result last night was coming. It was coming from about 55 minutes in, maybe even before we went to 9 men. You have to remember than even before Udogie went, we had Dier and Royal as CB's. The only thing that kept it tight until the 75th minute was Vicario and Chelsea being shit up front.

I think it was nice to see us play football, but it was always going to end badly. I sincerely hope we never, ever try that against a team that scores more frequently than Chelsea.

Liverpool didn't lose three of their strongest back four though. And if they did, we'd have fucking destroyed them

If we lost Sarr to a red card (Jones) and then Hojbjerg came on and got sent off (Jota), we'd probably have fared better with our strongest defence and Van de Ven mopping up.

Plus, Liverpool still lost.

I'd have been alot more annoyed if we'd sat back, soaked up all the pressure, invited Chelsea on us and they scored a winner in the 96th minute like we did against Liverpool instead of what we saw tbh.

I am incredibly sorry, lads.
It's all on me :( :( .

We were watching the game at my place with few local fans.
Before the match I was chatting with one mate of mine. And I had enough stupidity or ignorance to say "Well, worst thing that could happen is that we are 1 point off the top of EPL after 11 games!".

Oh. Should have known better by now...

But couldn't imagined even in my worst nightmare that worst that can happen is ...
... losing one of our starting CBs for 3 games for totally stupid red card
... losing other of starting CB to hammy injury minutes later
... losing THE most important player few minutes after that
... losing 2nd player for red card (and out of next game) in start of 2nd half
... and then, sure enough, lose the game that ended our undefeated start to the season

Fuck me, why can't we have any nice things :( .

I sincerely hope we never, ever try that against a team that scores more frequently than Chelsea.
This is us! This is how Ange plays.

The expectation has been that we'd struggle early on under Ange as the players understand his philosophy and have given examples of what happened at Brisbane Roar and Celtic, there were equivalent early games that went disastrously but were subsequently cited as being crucial in both teams’ development, uniting them and crystallising some of his messages. At Roar, it was a 3-0 defeat to Melbourne Victory in September 2010. Then, at Celtic, there was a home 4-0 defeat to Bayer Leverkusen in September 2021, a few months after the Australian had taken over. What's been different this time around is our players from the get-go have largely performed.

About last night..........................

It is impossible and there's absolutely no point in dissecting the game.

The only thing that's worth talking about is how I (we) feel. I love this Club, this team, this manager. The fans last night were also just superb, everyone still in their seats believing we could still get something out of this game and we so nearly did. But because we felt it, it meant we stayed, didn't give up on the team and clapped the boys off the pitch at the end of the game. Everyone at the stadium and I assume the millions watching the game at home and in pubs no doubt feels the same, a deep bond has been forged last night.

In all of my years, I have never seen a team play the way we did last night, and I fucking loved it!! Last night we became one, cemented in an ethos of how every fan wished their team played. No cowards, total commitment to the cause, to the philosophy of how the manager wants to play regardless. We learnt who our players are last night, who our manager is and the players learnt about us too.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzUpRXMNVlR/?img_index=1

And even if this wasn't enough Ange'e post-match comments about respecting the refs decision is being applauded by all commentators of the game around the globe, whilst Woolwich compile a list of decisions that haven't gone their way for the past 10yrs to present to PGMOL Ange makes them look like utter cunts with his words.

One of our most famous quotes: “It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. At Spurs we set our sights very high, so that even failure will have in it an echo of glory". This gets chucked around by many (including myself), usually as an anecdote to what we didn't see on the pitch but tonight we went home with an echo of glory.

Not enough like buttons for that post!
Thank you... For putting it all in perspective... I need to get a grip!

I had a nightmare!
VDV injured out for weeks months, Romero suspended for x matches, Eudogie suspended for 1 match. We lost 4-1 to chelsea.
Wake up, the game's starting in 11 hours!!!

Don't tell me how it ends, no spoilers please!!!

I suppose the ONLY positive is how we've conducted ourselves in DEFEAT...

Liverpool and ArseAnal pretty much cried to teacher and petulantly DEMANDED a rewriting of both the rulebook, and history... Whilst moaning endlessly about the unfairness of it all, like the spoilt little illegitimate brat cunts they are!

We, on the other hand, cheered our players off the pitch after a 4-1 defeat and our manager conducted himself with dignity post match...

That's gotta be worth a retrospective point or two, surely?

Firstly I'm going to start by saying how proud I am of the players that remained out there or came on and gave it absolutely everything and did all they could under the circumstances of being let down by the players that were sent off and the suicidal tactics we continued to play they were phenomenal. Secondly to the fans that showed togetherness and a great appreciation for what those players out there gave for the badge last night.

I think it was tactical naivety to continue to play such a high line with dier and romero as the cb pairing. At 9 men and 1-1 you have to accept how it is and play for the point. Romero is never going to change and at times is an absolute liability. Ange needs to be adaptable like klopp was in our game. Teams are targeting Porro with the diagonal over the top and he's poor defensively it's getting noticeable that teams are targeting over there we need to address it instead of ignoring it and hoping for the best. Playing that high line this weekend with dier and Romero or an inexperienced Phillips would be very poor judgement from ange. We need to adjust accordingly with what's available.

I’m annoyed, but more fucked off with Gary Neville. The whole game he was screaming bloody murder with every single challenge we made. Licking Chelsea’s ass almost begging for decisions to go their way. Screaming how Romero needs to be sent off, yet had a completely different opinion on Curtis Jones which was exactly the same challenge. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Just about starting to process what happened last night.

For me, Vicario and Eric Dier are the players who come out with the most credit. Vicario stopped us from losing 8-1 and Dier came through for us when we needed him which is all we can ask of any player. Romero and Udogie deserved their red cards and I'm very disappointed in the pair of them.

The big worry at the moment is how long VDV will be out for. The people who know about hamstring injuries reckon at least a month. Hopefully, with Maddison it's just another scare like we've had at other times this season.

Emerson also did well and should be rewarded with a start in the next game. Hopefully Ben Davies will be available by then to fill in at CB.

4-1 was a harsh result but that's part and parcel of going all out when the team is compromised and, in truth, we wouldn't want it any other way.

COYS

Firstly I'm going to start by saying how proud I am of the players that remained out there or came on and gave it absolutely everything and did all they could under the circumstances of being let down by the players that were sent off and the suicidal tactics we continued to play they were phenomenal. Secondly to the fans that showed togetherness and a great appreciation for what those players out there gave for the badge last night.

I think it was tactical naivety to continue to play such a high line with dier and romero as the cb pairing. At 9 men and 1-1 you have to accept how it is and play for the point. Romero is never going to change and at times is an absolute liability. Ange needs to be adaptable like klopp was in our game. Teams are targeting Porro with the diagonal over the top and he's poor defensively it's getting noticeable that teams are targeting over there we need to address it instead of ignoring it and hoping for the best. Playing that high line this weekend with dier and Romero or an inexperienced Phillips would be very poor judgement from ange. We need to adjust accordingly with what's available.
What's available probably means we are going to go for it even more and as a 50 year + going to spurs I'm fucking loving it.

I’m annoyed, but more fucked off with Gary Neville. The whole game he was screaming bloody murder with every single challenge we made. Licking Chelsea’s ass almost begging for decisions to go their way. Screaming how Romero needs to be sent off, yet had a completely different opinion on Curtis Jones which was exactly the same challenge. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Nevilles a cunt

Back
Top Bottom