Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The funny thing is, we've had to listen to people demanding players respect the referees for years. This season Madison has been booked just for looking at a ref, whilst opposition players have got away with running the length of the pitch and screaming at them.

Referees absolutely do NOT deserve any respect. They should fucking earn it by being good at what they do. Like anyone else in life.

I'm at the stage now where they're so bad, so often, I'd probably welcome another Di Canio moment.
It is so frustrating, and it's down to consistency (or lack thereof). If a rule/law is there the it applies to all clubs.

Look at Ange, got booked last night for being out if his technical area (apparently). Yet legohead is allowed to almost run the length of the pitch week in week out.

You're just repartee royalty aren't you?

Trouble is, it only works at primary school level

Take the advice and grow the fuck up
Get a life...so everyone is getting personal and abusive because I don't just blindly follow and actually have my own mind.
Then if I respond to the sometimes vile comments, I should grow up................this forum makes me laugh, we all support yhe same team, but if I don't agree with everyone then I get more vile comments then if I supported the scum...
Says everything about this fanbase

Shouldn't call out Cuti or Doggie. Yesterday people on here were screaming for them to do exactly what they did.
Be careful what you wish for.
My annoyance with Romero has very little to do with the challenge that had him sent off, but everything to do with him losing his cool prior and putting that little kick in after he got pushed.

He should know better than that

Was really pissed off all night and still am this morning.
Not even sure what I'm angry about, isn't our players exactly. Or maybe it is, Chelsea were being absolutely destroyed and the team just imploded for no reason.
That's probably when you need a harry Kane just to tell them to calm the fuck down, they don't have explosives strapped to their skulls if they don't thrash the opponents in the first 30 minutes. Why were they all so juiced up

In many ways a disaster, but the reaction from the crowd (fantastic) and the team will imo glue the never surrender spirit into the backbone of each player. Three points lost and major injury / suspension challenges but in the long term this will do us good.

The PL should start getting refs from abroad, get rid of all the old crowd! Trouble is the game is so corrupt - with all the money involved to think otherwise is just fantasy!

Sky Sports etc will analyse the referring of this one day.
The problem is, they're going to focus purely on the VAR decisions and applaud them for getting it right.

They're not going to look at the dozens of times Chelsea didn't concede smaller offences and probably 5+ times the ref gave a free kick but didn't get his card out.

They won't look at that in order to understand what we were up against last night and why we lost it.

That said, i think Ange needs to teach this squad that we are playing against the referee and how we work around that.
Because loosing our cool and kicking out is just given bent refs the chance to do what they want to do.

Anyone criticising Ange for sticking to his principles can go fuck themselves and fuck off.

I genuinely mean that. So the, thankfully few, of you who couldn’t wait to jump on the criticism bandwagon…suck a turd you donuts

Get a life...so everyone is getting personal and abusive because I don't just blindly follow and actually have my own mind.
Then if I respond to the sometimes vile comments, I should grow up................this forum makes me laugh, we all support yhe same team, but if I don't agree with everyone then I get more vile comments then if I supported the scum...
Says everything about this fanbase

You don’t have your own mind though. You’re just a permanently negative git who probably couldn’t wait for the opportunity to moan.

Nobody likes you.

Ange is a very positive guy but he need to get Son, Maddison and in particular Romero and tell them they need to control the team and in Romero’s case themselves. We looked the better team and just blew up for no reason than a lack of ice in the veins. We’d have won that game with self control.

I have always been a big proponent of Romero’s quality but he needs to get more self control, he is in his mid 20’s. He can’t be diving in wildly every game, elite centre backs mostly stay on their feet.

Could this be the game where it clicks for the players? They gave it their all and the crowd supported them even in defeat - Play attacking football , and never stop! We wont have enough to win it this year but lets me honest after last year to even be 2nd at this stage is testament to Ange!
Brennan looked amazing last night , another Ange signing and I think we dropped a bollock by taking him off when Romero saw red, should have left him and Son on and maybe took Kulu off, still what i'm saying is we need to give Ange full backing in the next 2 windows - get his first targets regardless of the cost and next season the league is ours!

One thing as a positive again is the manager. The managers in the modern game that win things like Pep don’t abandon their principles, they impose themselves. We had 9 men and tried to run the game, very few managers would ever had the balls to do that.

Really did convince me that if we back this man and give him the players he needs (at least 4-6 quality players more) he will get to to great places.

Being stubborn can be a disaster like Kompany making Burnley play Pepball with a championship level squad but it’s also how you maximise with the right quality at your disposal.

Also why the fuck do we shot ourselves in the foot. We all knew not getting another 1-2 CB’s would put us in the shit. Hoping to limp to Jan, leaving holes in the team always bites our arse.

The PL should start getting refs from abroad, get rid of all the old crowd! Trouble is the game is so corrupt - with all the money involved to think otherwise is just fantasy!
Disagree have you watched refs abroad? They don't let the game flow at all and are just as apt to drop a clanger as ours.
I do think we should have the automated offside system though, it's a no brainer

Back
Top Bottom