Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone criticising Ange for sticking to his principles can go fuck themselves and fuck off.

I genuinely mean that. So the, thankfully few, of you who couldn’t wait to jump on the criticism bandwagon…suck a turd you donuts

From my perspective as a punter in the South Stand, I appreciate what Ange tried to do. There is no way we could have have sat back and held them out for the time of the game we had left, would never have worked, not with the players we had available (thats another story !!!! ), losing the defence was key. .

We had a chance, only a slight one, but it was there in the front foot approach. The Dier non-goal, Sonnys chance and Bentacurs header. None of them would have happened if we had sat back. It would have been a slow slow process of conceding ground and territory with just getting picked off. In the end we ran out of legs and luck.

What it did allow was for the supporters to show tremendous support, to sing and cheer like we did at that point just shows how things have turned round. If we had sat back it would have just soured the whole situation with little hope, in my view..

Also, Ange's press interview should be shown to young and upcoming managers on how to conduct yourself. I am sure he was inwardly seething, but to me came over so well given what just happened.

Just need to ride out the next few games, December will be tough and hopefully we can strengthen in January with another gem or two of a find.

COYS !!

The morning after the night before. So much happened, it was the weirdest game I can remember. I wont knock our players, but both Romero and Udogie will need to reflect and learn from that.

Credit to the team to how they responded with 9 men. Massive credit to the supporters. If you were there last night, well done for creating that atmosphere and sticking by the team. If ever there was a glorious defeat, I suppose that was it.

Despite the loss, the challenges we'll have in patching up that back line, we can be proud of the team spirit that has been built in just a few months under Ange. Because no team (perhaps since the Poch days?) would have responded to the sendings off like that.

It will most likely be a difficult few games upcoming, but we're building something here for the future and it looks bright again.

The most surreal moment of the night was when they went 3-1 up, and WE started cheering and clapping...

I HONESTLY thought the goal had been disallowed for a second, such was the reaction from our fans! Bizarre.... and totally UN-Spursy!

Wow I wouldn't have had you down as a quitter.
The players gave everything out there last night
The biggest complaint from fans is when they see their players give up.
Most of the chav team are going to need trauma councelling
I'm no quitter... Believe me... I've racked up 40+ years of not quitting... but I'm realistic, and I can see what this is a mile off...

It's no 'bump in the road' as some are suggesting... A bump in the road is a defeat, a minor blip that we can overcome...
This is a fucking sinkhole!

To lose a game is one thing, it was inevitable (especially after the weekend we've had) but to lose pretty much your entire back line for the next 3 games or more is beyond what the Arse had to 'suffer' at the weekend... They just moaned and bitched about a decision... They'll have the weight of the PL behind them... Same as Liverpool...

Yes we've got to lick our wounds, which we will... and patch up a back 4 that might not play together again this year...

That's more than just one defeat... It's fucking punishment for DARING to be TOTTENHAM! We're not ALLOWED to win leagues any more, same as we're not ALLOWED to 'just' lose a game, there has to be a caveat and an extra slice of misfortune that punishes us even more than a simple defeat...

...and that's what I can't quite handle!

The most surreal moment of the night was when they went 3-1 up, and WE started cheering and clapping...

I HONESTLY thought the goal had been disallowed for a second, such was the reaction from our fans! Bizarre.... and totally UN-Spursy!

I'm no quitter... Believe me... I've racked up 40+ years of not quitting... but I'm realistic, and I can see what this is a mile off...

It's no 'bump in the road' as some are suggesting... A bump in the road is a defeat, a minor blip that we can overcome...

To lose a game is one thing, it was inevitable (especially after the weekend we've had) but to lose pretty much your entire back line for the next 3 games or more is beyond what the Arse had to 'suffer' at the weekend... They just moaned and bitched about a decision... They'll have the weight of the PL behind them... Same as Liverpool...

Yes we've got to lick our wounds, which we will... and patch up a back 4 that might not play together again this year...

That's more than just one defeat... It's fucking punishment for DARING to be TOTTENHAM! We're not ALLOWED to win leagues any more, same as we're not ALLOWED to 'just' lose a game, there has to be a caveat and an extra slice of misfortune that punishes us even more than a simple defeat...

I actually got goosebumps(no not a hard-on)

And well deserved, the players left on the field were warriors!!

Us almost scoring with 9 men,says a lot about us, AND Chelski! They are not good!

Credit to the team to how they responded with 9 men. Massive credit to the supporters. If you were there last night, well done for creating that atmosphere and sticking by the team. If ever there was a glorious defeat, I suppose that was it.
Spot on. Couldn't of put it any better. That's exactly what it feels like to me, we were sublime in the first 20 or so mins, and despite the wheels coming off, we played with the attacking firey passion I think we've all been craving to see since the Poch era.

I'm no quitter... Believe me... I've racked up 40+ years of not quitting... but I'm realistic, and I can see what this is mile off...

We've got to lock our wounds, and patch up a back 4 that might not play together again this year...

That's more than just one defeat... It's fucking punishment for DARING to be TOTTENHAM! We're not ALLOWED to win leagues any more, same as we're not ALLOWED to 'just' lose a game, there has to be a caveat that punishes us even more than a simple defeat...

Keep the faith, AP has shown how shrewd he is and I have every confidence that he will build us a new Ark to sail in.
We'll get Romero and Udogie back and hopefully Dier will maintain his renaissance.
VDV is a loss for sure, let's hope he doesn't become one of the players whose career is blighted by repetitious hamstring injuries.

Hang in there, you're one of the most balanced and sensible posters on here, we don't want you coming apart at the seams.

Please ask someone near to give you a "shape up" slap and a consoling hug

I thought dier was outstanding last and hojbjerg

Yeah I liked what I seen from Dier. I hold my hands up I did complain last night when he came on but I thought he played really well. He’s playing the next 3 games at least so we may as well give him the amazing support we seen last night.

I thought Bentancur was miles off it but if we get him on from the start on Saturday and get minutes in his legs it’ll do him the world of good. I’m not worried by wolves one bit, I have full faith in this team and manager.

Keep the faith, AP has shown how shrewd he is and I have every confidence that he will build us a new Ark to sail in.
We'll get Romero and Udogie back and hopefully Dier will maintain his renaissance.
VDV is a loss for sure, let's hope he doesn't become one of the players whose career is blighted by repetitious hamstring injuries.

Hang in there, you're one of the most balanced and sensible posters on here, we don't want you coming apart at the seams.

Please ask someone near to give you a "shape up" slap and a consoling hug
Thanks man... Though I'm not sure about 'sendible and balanced' Senile and Bollocksed more like!

But thanks for the encouragement!

The "shape up" (shake?) slap and hug is on its' way... just as soon as I can get up and face the day! (Oooh, that rhymes!!😉)

Urrrrrrgh! FUCKING Football!!!

One thing as a positive again is the manager. The managers in the modern game that win things like Pep don’t abandon their principles, they impose themselves. We had 9 men and tried to run the game, very few managers would ever had the balls to do that.

I'm on the fence about that.
Liverpool went in deep and we barely laid a glove on them for half an hour.
I hate to keep saying this, but that result last night was coming. It was coming from about 55 minutes in, maybe even before we went to 9 men. You have to remember than even before Udogie went, we had Dier and Royal as CB's. The only thing that kept it tight until the 75th minute was Vicario and Chelsea being shit up front.

I think it was nice to see us play football, but it was always going to end badly. I sincerely hope we never, ever try that against a team that scores more frequently than Chelsea.

About last night..........................

It is impossible and there's absolutely no point in dissecting the game.

The only thing that's worth talking about is how I (we) feel. I love this Club, this team, this manager. The fans last night were also just superb, everyone still in their seats believing we could still get something out of this game and we so nearly did. But because we felt it, it meant we stayed, didn't give up on the team and clapped the boys off the pitch at the end of the game. Everyone at the stadium and I assume the millions watching the game at home and in pubs no doubt feels the same, a deep bond has been forged last night.

In all of my years, I have never seen a team play the way we did last night, and I fucking loved it!! Last night we became one, cemented in an ethos of how every fan wished their team played. No cowards, total commitment to the cause, to the philosophy of how the manager wants to play regardless. We learnt who our players are last night, who our manager is and the players learnt about us too.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzUpRXMNVlR/?img_index=1

And even if this wasn't enough Ange'e post-match comments about respecting the refs decision is being applauded by all commentators of the game around the globe, whilst Woolwich compile a list of decisions that haven't gone their way for the past 10yrs to present to PGMOL Ange makes them look like utter cunts with his words.

One of our most famous quotes: “It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. At Spurs we set our sights very high, so that even failure will have in it an echo of glory". This gets chucked around by many (including myself), usually as an anecdote to what we didn't see on the pitch but tonight we went home with an echo of glory.

I had a nightmare!
VDV injured out for weeks months, Romero suspended for x matches, Eudogie suspended for 1 match. We lost 4-1 to chelsea.

Last edited:
The myth that Chelsea are crap this season will lead many to underestimate them.

Whilst they haven't got a decent goal scorer - they have dominated touches, passing and possession stats in all games and top the stats in the league. We were the only team to outplay them and keep them off the ball (until the dreaded RED).

They won't make top 4 this season until they can find a goal scorer, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them go on a hot streak of form.
They were shit 11 v 11 last night.

They were shit 11 v 10 last night.

They were shit 11 v 9 last night.

I think what really fucked me off about the poor ref yesterday, was that he didn't immediately chalk off the Sterling goal for hand ball. I saw it from the top of the fucking east stand and that useless cunt was 10 feet away. Should have whistled before Sterling even scored. But then we get ANOTHER delayed VAR check that takes ages.

If the onfield ref isn't giving anything anymore, get rid of them. Have VAR officiate the game 100%
And tell them to do it fucking quicker.

No fixture I hate more.

Completely perverse how it stokes such rabid rivalry and we nearly never come out on top, whoever the personnel and whatever the considerations.

We made it bigger than what it was and got caught out. A salutary lesson.

Back
Top Bottom