Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck, that defeat to those mongrels does hurt this morning. Had we been awful and they'd have smashed us 4-1 playing beautifully, I'd have said fair play. But fuck me, I'm dead convinced that even down to 9 men, had we played with Micky & Madds, we'd have bagged a draw...or even a win. Them blue cunts really are that shite.

Proper shot ourselves in the peg. Thanks to repeat felon Romero and silly boy Udogie. Nice one, lads.

Wolves gonna be proper up for it now, seen the state of our squad.

COYS

Can't agree on this one.
Let's be real he was already on a life with the kicking out, I've seen those given as reds. For me he was reckless.
You can't claim it's a hit job when him and Udogie has already been given a life each. Both could have gone in the first instance.
And if you really think it's an agenda against us from officials since the scouse game then surely that's even more reason to not do anything petulant?

What was Udogie given a life for?

Ange said he didn't see anything in the tackle and others that were worse went unpunished.
I agree.

Second yellow was mistimed and a mistake he can learn from. Ball was going away from goal.

First one was a narrative yellow.

Agree, we should import all the best refs from around the world.

We are supposed to have the best league, need to have the best officials too.

You'd think there would be far less bias from foreign refs too. I think the selection of refs serously underestimates secondary bias. Sure, we'll never have a known Woolwich fan as a ref in one of our games, but there's plenty of fans of other teams that inexplicably hate us and that goes for all teams.

Curtis Jones did. It's a red all day. You can't fly in studs raised these days.

Curtis Jones went over the ball. Romero won the ball very commandingly and then followed through. They're both reds to me for different reasons. The problem is, others have been getting away with both and similar on other games. Nketia against Vicario for instance didn't even win the ball and wrapped both legs around Vicario's ankle. That's a red for me.

Nowadays yes but in the 60/70s it wouldn’t even have been a foul but a good tackle

Ball first but he did follow through!

Have to say, I prefer that we don't let thugs just kick the shit out of people anymore. I want to see talented players play. The days of Hoddle being a luxury player who went abroad to escape being beaten up are thankfully gone.

What was Udogie given a life for?

Ange said he didn't see anything in the tackle and others that were worse went unpunished.
I agree.

Second yellow was mistimed and a mistake he can learn from. Ball was going away from goal.

First one was a narrative yellow.
Udogie was lucky he missed with his first two fitted studs up lunge. Probably most lucky that Sterlig dived because if he didn't, that could have been a bad moment for football.

I think if it stayed 10v11 we could have been the team that won that. Not blaming Udogie as he's been fantastic so far and he is still young and learning but that moment taking us down to 9 was the killer. We fought valiantly but I knew it was a matter of time because Chelsea kept shifting the ball wide and using the full width of the pitch. 8 outfield players having to cover that space vs 10 is just energy sapping and from point of view maybe the high line was naive. But I look at it from the opposite point of view that if we just sat deep and parked the bus we'd probably have conceded again anyway as well but at least doing what we did last night embedded the principles of what Ange expects.

Too distracted by yesterday's game to concentrate in work today, so I've spent the last 30 minutes watching videos of octopuses punching fish out of spite.
Yep, my brain is gone after not a lot of sleep. I was expecting more grief from the Gooner boss today, then remembered they had the same result, except they played shit football and then cried like spoilt brats about everything.

If I wasn‘t working, I’d be wearing the shirt today; never felt like that after a loss before.

anger has finally worn off, now apart from VdV im not too fussed. We are way ahead of Chelsea on and off the pitch .
Man city couldn't beat us last season with Dier, Davies, Lloris and another sending off for Romero. we'll be okay, lots of prep work for the rest of the week with a new CB pairing

Last edited:
Can't agree on this one.
Let's be real he was already on a life with the kicking out, I've seen those given as reds. For me he was reckless.
You can't claim it's a hit job when him and Udogie has already been given a life each. Both could have gone in the first instance.
And if you really think it's an agenda against us from officials since the scouse game then surely that's even more reason to not do anything petulant?
I have to disagee watching it at normal speed not freeze frame this is not a foul. Two players going in opposite directions and Romero wins the ball. The fact it is the red is because they missed Romero kicking Collwill after he kicked through the back of him.

This match was very similar to the battle of the Bridge where the referee lost complete control of the game and mysteriously forgot to book there players again for the third game in the row.

If that is a sending off Reese James is a sending off and so is Mudryk on Vicario.
Maybe.

But he was a dickhead. Got away with one and then went and absolutely leathered Fernandez. It was fucking stupid and we need to hold him to a higher standard rather than worry about refs.

He’s brilliant, but when the red mist descends he behaves like a complete penis. Just like that sending off against AC Milan, which was even more absurd.

Bloke has to cut that shit out.

Back
Top Bottom