Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of criticism of the high line - but we were still in the game right up until the 94th minute. I'd even argue that Jackson's 75th minute goal was a clear offside. He (clearly) affected play from an offside position; and never got back into an onside position before scoring the goal.

Had Dier not been 2cm offside, we would all be singing Ange's praise as the best coach in the world making brave decisions.

Should we have parked the bus and camped out in our 18 yard box? With Dier the only CB on the pitch? You think we would have kept them from scoring?
what do you mean jackson never got back into an onside position? if that was the case it wouldnt of stood.

parking the bus with a lampost standing in the 18 yard box gives you a better chance than having a lampost standing on the halfway line.

Before Romeros kick out, ref allowed Silva to make an ice hockey body charge to take him out. Would have been a foul in Rugby to go in like that with no attempt to bind your arms. Can cause whiplash.

Fuck being balanced about. Fuck the corruption and the way they protect the same established order of things.

Romero gets smashed about every week. Clattered in the air, kicked all over the shop.

How many bad tackles did Palinha get away with? Palace must have set a record for tactical fouls without a yellow.

As soon as we scored Chelsea were allowed to get away with murder.
Matthew Bingo GIF

Has to be a time clock soon on VAR decisions. The pricks in the office at st George's park need to liven up on their decision making. Can see one day the ref just controlling everything on his smart watch.
Nope - Outrage over hurried decision for Diaz goal means they are now afraid to make quick decisions- VAR is a joke and needs to go.

Ange is building a culture of positive football that we will benefit from far more than it will hurt us. Occasionally we will have crazy days where it backfires, last night was clearly one of them. That’s part of the deal. Overall that mindset will work far more often than it fails.

Postecoglou defended his approach by saying: “It is just who we are mate, it is who we are and who we will be for as long as I am here. If we go down to five men we will have a go.”

This guy is fantastic.

Last edited:
Its a breath of fresh air having ange at the helm. The players clearly love the guy and the style of play. With 11 men we would have beaten them easily.

A lot of rivals are jealous of how we are approaching games.

I’ve still no idea what got them so over excited last night, we really lost it from about 15 minutes in. More than anything, we needed Romero to keep everyone around him cool - Chelsea were there for the taking (they really are terrible) and if we’d just played the game out, the score would have been the other way round. But Cuti, Destiny…

Im fine with the way Ange played it, the only thing I wonder is could he have taken Udogie off at half time. It wasn’t a surprise when he got the second yellow, but 10-11 would have been an even contest. I would have taken Emerson in there - he just does his job, real unsung hero of the squad right now - not the best but sound as a pound. Armchair hindsight at its best, I know.

The long stoppages are the real result of Klopp and LEGOs whining. There is no such thing as a quick check of anything marginal for a while. Probably see a few more hamstrings blow up when it’s play 10, stop 5.

Some massive performances in unlikely circumstances.

Last night was mental.
I had to leave at 80 minutes but tbh, unlike most seasons in the past, I didn't want to leave.
It's hard to argue with the 2 reds, but it really felt like the ref didn't want to even give free kicks against Chelsea, much less book them.
I sort of feel we lost our heads a bit because of that.

I hate to say it, but that score line was coming. The fact it took Chelsea so long to achieve it is just a sign of how shit they are tbh. If we did what we did against City or Liverpool it will be a literal bloody massacre

Ange played roulette by sticking with the high line but we had 9 men for to long they were always going to get in desipte the heroics of Vicario who wasn't human last night.

Chill folks. Not even 1/3rd of the way through the season.

Even the mighty City lost 5, drew 5 last season ... and still won it by 5 points clear.

Light of a new day.

3 points lost and some disruption for our next few games is a kick in the teeth, sure, but weirdly I don't feel too cut up about this.

I'm still most annoyed that what could have been a great game of football (win or lose) was turned into a circus.

Ah well. Onto the next one. There's three more points at Wolves we need to go and get. That's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom