Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha ha wow I've never heard that before, were you bullied at school ??
Just asking, because it's a very gutless, winey pathetic statement,
Grow up you twat, and Jim or Timothy is definitely no better.
Why are you being unkind to everybody? It's not nice, you know.

giphy.gif

Just don't know what to say or add really.. Proud, Angry, Upset, Disappointed, Frustrated, ,,,,, tired..

Then the bastards shut the Bloody M1 junction so delayed me getting home by 30 minutes..

edit: oh and i cant speak with a sore throat through trying to cheer and sing them through.

COYS
ha me too on the sore throat. Be getting on the honey and lemon in the morning!

What a night of feeling and bring alive though - despite the final score!

Just got home. Such a strange feeling. I’ve witnessed us lose to Chelsum by lower margins and been completely gutted. I absolutely detest their cunty, racist fan base and corrupt owners, I hate being beaten by them but tonight feels different.
Its like their victory is hollow, whereas our performance and battling against all the odds means we can be rightly proud of the team and of the home support which was amazingly good.
I hope the club back Ange in the coming windows and that we come back stronger for this experience.

Honestly, if THIS is where football is going...
With endless VAR checks, and 52 minute+ halves, then you can stick it...

I didn't know whether I was ALLOWED to celebrate Son's '2nd' goal, or Dier's equaliser... Let alone worry if Chelsea's 2nd, 3rd or 4th counted...

To be honest, by that point , I'd given up caring... 4-1 was it? Probably... I'd lost count!

But good luck with the next RoboGeneration Fan Bot...

"Cos they clearly seem to LOVE the VAR induced uncertainty of being allowed OR NOT ALLOWED to celebrate a goal or not (and take the all so important selfie of the moment)

I for one am starting to not give a shit WHAT they give....

Which is both annoying AND upsetting!

VAR, Modern Football and Chelsea win again I guess!

I didn't know whether I was ALLOWED to celebrate Son's '2nd' goal, or Dier's equaliser... Let alone worry if Chelsea's 2nd, 3rd or 4th counted...

To be honest, by that point , I'd given up caring... 4-1 was it? Probably... I'd lost count!

"Cos they clearly seem to LOVE the VAR induced uncertainty of being allowed OR NOT ALLOWED to celebrate a goal or not (and take the all so important selfie of the moment)

I just celebrated regardless- rather enjoy the moment. Some of us joined in with them singing anti var songs - shows how shit it is. What can you do as a fan in the ground at the moment?

I hope we are not going to have too much of the "battle of the bridge" "proud of the boys" bullshit tonight. That was a night of idiocy and incompetence when we pissed away a 2 goal lead when we had a potential title to play for. This was also a night with a lot at stake featuring a fair bit of idiocy.

That first twenty minutes was possibly the hardest 20 minutes I've seen anyone give Chelsea this season. They are a team who want to press high, but clearly haven't got it working super cohesively - like Woolwich did to us first half - in many ways they were playing like the ideal opponent, someone who we could suck out to us and then play round/through. We were in total control. Scored a slightly fortuitous goal and then had a fantastic team goal chalked off (rightly) for a marginal offside (Son's got to work on this playing as a 9) and looked really at it.

Then comes the idiocy. I think Romero is actually a bit unlucky with the red/pen - I don't think it was malicious or even reckless, he was just stretching and trying to put a desperate hard whack on the ball because it was a dangerous situation and giving a good whack would hopefully clear danger once and for all. The idiocy was him kicking their bloke a few minutes before. The idiocy was some of our actual play and defending leading up to that moment, where we'd just total lost our heads and were doing stupid schoolboy stuff. Like Porro trying a stupid first time half volley cross field pass that sets them on an attack. Like their two offside goals. Like both of Udogie's stupid challenges.

And, as much as I/we have all been loving Ange instead, keeping that high line once Romero and especially VDV had gone was daft IMO. Playing it and not pressuring the pass was suicidal and in the end it was a miracle that wasn't a cricket score. Even if he didn't want to park a bus, he could have just dropped it 20 yards. I think at 1-1 with 20 minutes to go, 9 men, we could definitely back the fuck up, try to protect ourselves and maybe nick something.

I'm wholeheartedly behind Ange's methodology, but fuck me, there's game management too. 9 men and your two quick CB's off the pitch against Chelsea, maybe a smidge of pragmatism might pay off.

I'm sure some will disagree.

Last edited:
I just celebrated regardless- rather enjoy the moment. Some of us joined in with them singing anti var songs - shows how shit it is. What can you do as a fan in the ground at the moment?
Did you now?

Yeah mate, well done. You know they only sang that 'cos they WON!

Are you stupid?? 😀

Make no mistake... If they'd have LOST tonight, they'd have gone back to singing their Nazi Gas Chamber Hissing and Zeig Heiling in no time, (like they were Pre-match) ...when, I assume they thought there was a chance they'd lose!

So who ARE you allaying yourself with, exactly?

congratulations on your new Nazi friends!!
who are Chelzi playing next?
I assume you'll be there, in amongst them, singing all your anti-VAR and Anti -Semitic songs with them?

FFS sake.

For a few seasons now all we wanted was for our Spurs to show a bit of desire, show the will to win and show that, even if we lose, we're gonna lose trying our hardest to win.

We do it tonight, in the face of ridiculous adversity, and some on here wanted to go down with a whimper, sitting back, on the off chance we might be allowed to leave our half.

I know what Ange would say : 'Grow some balls, mate.'

If you are at the stage that you didn’t cheer to the fucking heavens when Son and Dier “scored”, then aye, you should consider if you still enjoy this or not.

Honestly cannot comprehend anything other than wild celebrations when we put the ball in the net. Couldn’t contemplate keeping quiet in case a goal is ruled out.

Back
Top Bottom